Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I ended up using a my heat gun on the contour case. Heating up the bottom lip and firmly pressing it in while it cooled solved the saggy bottom. I’ll hold onto this one until my limitless comes in. I also ordered a nomad rugged case, but that is back ordered until November 20th.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
If anyone needs a FLOLAB NanoArmour 3D screen protector I have a spare one that I would sell for the $20.00 I have into it. Plus you would not have to wait 15 days for it to arrive from China. Ordered 3 and only need one. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: blaine07

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
If anyone needs a FLOLAB NanoArmour 3D screen protector I have a spare one that I would sell for the $20.00 I have into it. Plus you would not have to wait 15 days for it to arrive from China. Ordered 3 and only need one. :oops:
Mine took about a month to arrive and it’s still sitting in a drawer. Lol I stuck with the spigen glass screen protector.

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
The only Mous cases with a decent grip on the back are the Clarity, Contour Colors edition (especially speckled black) and Limitless 3.0 leather version. This matters for cold areas in winter when hands get dry ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaggrey

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
So dropped my 11 pro about 3ft onto the road today in my CarbonThat case, landed on the back few marks on the case but phone all good. Case did its job and I love the slimness of it but think I might need something more solid. Cost $2k this thing.
Guessing the OB Symmetry is the slimmest drop proof?

Djadam08

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2019
FLOLAB work great with the Mous Limitless 3.0 and Contour cases. I don't have the Clarity case so can't say. I put FLOLAB's on two different iPhones with two different Mouse limitless cases and they fit perfect. The whole screen is protected edge to edge fitting snug up against the case. No gap areas of unprotected screen to get damaged.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I ended up using a my heat gun on the contour case. Heating up the bottom lip and firmly pressing it in while it cooled solved the saggy bottom. I’ll hold onto this one until my limitless comes in. I also ordered a nomad rugged case, but that is back ordered until November 20th.

Glad you were able to fix it but that is the exact reason I will never buy from Mous. Maybe if it were a $5 or even $10 case that would be acceptable but I can't see how they charge such a high price for such a mediocre product.

Reactions: blaine07

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
29d0413d714ce9d57a67f8778563e453.jpg
903f5a0ab987477adde045cbd94a5944.jpg

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
How easy did the clear back scratch?
kinda curious myself also. the catalyst case looks really nice. i ordered the mobosi vanguard case and will arrive today, trying to decide if i should return it and get the catalyst.

well i kinda expect it to scratch unless i put the phone and keys on separate pockets

It’s surprisingly scratch resistant. I just had a look and couldn’t actually see any scratches unless I held it right up to bright light at the right angle. Even then, they were tiny hairline ones. It wasn’t my everyday case for the X, but it was used a fair bit and I wasn’t particularly careful with it.

BTW, the little mute dial is irresistibly fun to fiddle with. ?

Reactions: Hooterville

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019

Got the Symmetry today for bargain price of $20Aud. hard to fault this case good job OB, buttons are are as good as Apple leather. Have enjoyed my thin CarbonThat but after dropping my phone the other day on the road it did survive as landed on the back, but has no front protection, not going to take the risk, 2k for 11 pro 256gb here lol.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Got the Symmetry today for bargain price of $20Aud. hard to fault this case good job OB, buttons are are as good as Apple leather. Have enjoyed my thin CarbonThat but after dropping my phone the other day on the road it did survive as landed on the back, but has no front protection, not going to take the risk, 2k for 11 pro 256gb here lol.
I’m starting to feel the same way. The older I get I find myself dropping my phone quite a bit more. I’m going to have to just give up my Apple leather case and switch to something with a little more protection.

Reactions: bobsamm

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
a week with my UAG Civilian case but the orange parts got so dirty so quick :confused: besides that it’s probably my favorite Pro Max case.
Do you by chance have any pics of the orange starting to discolor? I ordered a limitless case yesterday, but I also want the drab green civilian and I’m worried about that orange discoloring.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
a week with my UAG Civilian case but the orange parts got so dirty so quick :confused: besides that it’s probably my favorite Pro Max case.

Yea, can you post a couple pictures showing the dirty orange? Does it clean up at all?
[automerge]1573399789[/automerge]
Back in the Caudabe Synthesis this morning. Man, I love these thin cases but worry about drop protection.

sy02.jpg
sy05.jpg

Reactions: nrvous1

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
Do you by chance have any pics of the orange starting to discolor? I ordered a limitless case yesterday, but I also want the drab green civilian and I’m worried about that orange discoloring.
Yea, can you post a couple pictures showing the dirty orange? Does it clean up at all?
[automerge]1573399789[/automerge]
Back in the Caudabe Synthesis this morning. Man, I love these thin cases but worry about drop protection.

View attachment 876221 View attachment 876222

i’ll see if i can take some pictures! But like it’s been in and out of my pockets a few times the first day and it was already discolored a bit. I tried wiping it down with alcohol pads but that didn’t work at all :(

edit:

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
i’ll see if i can take some pictures! But like it’s been in and out of my pockets a few times the first day and it was already discolored a bit. I tried wiping it down with alcohol pads but that didn’t work at all :(

edit:
That doesn’t look to bad. I just went to Best Buy and picked up a tech 21 evo check in all black. I’ll try this case for about a week before I decide if I’m going to order the civilian.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.