Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mathiasinthe314

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Saint Louis, Missouri

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Amazing! Do you like the Milky Way or pure blue better?

Never had a Pitaka case before - Can you feel the grain of the material on the back? Or is it smooth and flat?

I asked them to send me the Milky Way as I liked the design better and thought would look amazing on the natty titanium, and oh boy it sure does look even better in person. You can definitely feel the texture and feels very premium. Only con so far...pain to take off with how slim the case is.

The pro case has a more smooth feel to it, but also very quality with metal buttons

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I asked them to send me the Milky Way as I liked the design better and thought would look amazing on the natty titanium, and oh boy it sure does look even better in person. You can definitely feel the texture and feels very premium. Only con so far...pain to take off with how slim the case is.

The pro case has a more smooth feel to it, but also very quality with metal buttons
I'm still waiting for my Over the Horizon and I think they just stopped working for the national holiday week before they could post my case haha

Do you think there's a risk of damaging or scratching the phone when you take the case off?

Reactions: JeffnotGeoff

Chuckeee

macrumors 68030
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
I thought about trying out eBay phone cases at one point. They looked pretty cool, but I wasn't sure if they'd hold up well over time.
I’ve been getting them for years for everyone in the family. They are dirt cheap, 10% to 25% of a name brand case.
Typically they’re good for about 3 years. The worst one began showing wear after year. The best ones outlasted the iPhone. Since they are low cost, it is no big deal if they need to be changed because of “style” (a big deal for a teenage daughter).

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Well there’s a saying that says. “ you don’t miss something till it’s gone “. And this is what’s happening with the Apple Leather iPhone case.
Unfortunately I have yet to see a leather case that’s Apple quality
The search goes on…….

Reactions: DianaMR

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
View attachment 2287086 View attachment 2287088 View attachment 2287089 View attachment 2287090 View attachment 2287091 View attachment 2287092 View attachment 2287093 View attachment 2287094 View attachment 2287095 i received my vaja case and wallet wrap today. initial impression is this case is extremely nice. fit is perfect on the case. even on all four corners. great smell, feel and looks. i’ve been ordering from vaja for many years. i usually get a folio and after a few months i get tired of the cover, but it’s attached. this year with the detachable wallet wrap, my plan is to use this long term. great strong magsafe. i personally like all the openings. i can see and feel some of the phone. the phone snaps in place when attaching it to the wallet. the metal logo plate on the case is used to magnetically close the wallet. there must be extra magnets along the right side cause when in stand mode, it remains solidly attached. i love it and my color choices. let me know if anyone wants 15% off on a purchase from vajacases. i’ll get loyalty points from the link btw.
Ok you win

Tinkerbellaa22

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2019
I'm so annoyed I got the official Apple Silicone case and it was fine... yesterday I dropped my phone and some of the silicone ripped off!

I'll post a picture when I go to pick up my new case - I ordered the same one with Curry's because it was £10 cheaper.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
IMG_0158.jpeg

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
My black one has just this second arrived; I've got it on my phone.

Think I'm going to prefer the blue. The back does feel nice on the phone but the sides are very slippery!

Early observations from when I had them before I got the phone is that we should probably wait until cases are on phones before judging them. It feels a lot more solid and durable on the phone; worth £59 is yet to be decided

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Natural Titanium. Im sold on Mulberry

Looks good!

One thing I will say re the FW - I have just tried to scratch with my nail and it's not marking it. I suspect you really have to dig your nails etc in quite hard to mark the case as some have done

Reactions: Sal09

tuan time

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
Is there a iPhone 15 pro max version of this one?

I have the newer version but it only comes in clear. Don’t like it very much as it’s slippery and a fingerprint magnet.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Is there a iPhone 15 pro max version of this one?

I have the newer version but it only comes in clear. Don’t like it very much as it’s slippery and a fingerprint magnet.

Is this it?

Reactions: tuan time

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
That Taupe is almost two weeks old now used by my OH and still looking fresh.
I went out at lunch and taking my phone in and out my pocket and holding to message etc, in the wild does feel really nice in hand. Slimmer than my Decoded leather

I've got the blue one now and I'm torn. The they are both really nice but I'm not keeping both!

Reactions: Sal09 and shr631

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
I went out at lunch and taking my phone in and out my pocket and holding to message etc, in the wild does feel really nice in hand. Slimmer than my Decoded leather

I've got the blue one now and I'm torn. The they are both really nice but I'm not keeping both!
It feels so nice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.