Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
Well there’s a saying that says. “ you don’t miss something till it’s gone “. And this is what’s happening with the Apple Leather iPhone case.
Unfortunately I have yet to see a leather case that’s Apple quality
The search goes on…….
Andar aspen is way better than the Apple leather used to be....even before Apple changed to lesser quality leather. I imagine the Bullstrap is as well, but owning the aspen the feel of the leather after a few days of use is addictive. I have eh cutout version, but pre-ordered the action button version as well.

Reactions: VaderRulez

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Andar aspen is way better than the Apple leather used to be....even before Apple changed to lesser quality leather. I imagine the Bullstrap is as well, but owning the aspen the feel of the leather after a few days of use is addictive. I have eh cutout version, but pre-ordered the action button version as well.
The Andar case I had last year permanently stained everything that came into contact with it. Also had really weak magnets. Not sure if they made any improvements since

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
The Andar case I had last year permanently stained everything that came into contact with it. Also had really weak magnets. Not sure if they made any improvements since
I could see that with a darker colored leather to some degree. Since it is oil waxed. I have the camel so it isn't an issue. I have a leather shoulder bag that used to stain my shirts.

The magnets seem fine... no issues with my charging stand or magsafe wallet. The alignment magnet could be stronger, but that is with most cases. Once the leather wears in a few days, the wallet doesn't rotate much anymore

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
I could see that with a darker colored leather to some degree. Since it is oil waxed. I have the camel so it isn't an issue. I have a leather shoulder bag that used to stain my shirts.

The magnets seem fine... no issues with my charging stand or magsafe wallet. The alignment magnet could be stronger, but that is with most cases. Once the leather wears in a few days, the wallet doesn't rotate much anymore
I had camel for the 14PM and it ruined multiple MagSafe accessories. Andar bleeds dye on everything regardless of color. It only got worse as the case got a patina. Lasted about 2 months before I tossed it.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I went out at lunch and taking my phone in and out my pocket and holding to message etc, in the wild does feel really nice in hand. Slimmer than my Decoded leather

I've got the blue one now and I'm torn. The they are both really nice but I'm not keeping both!
I think I'm gonna run the blue. I'm liking the contrast. Have ordered a replacement from Amazon though as there's a couple of marks on the case that can be seen in certain light.

Bert1962

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2022
Well, it depends how “clumsy” you are, in my case, I’ve only broke (knock on wood)1 iPhone screen in 14yrs, and that one was without screen protector in the process to give it away, always got the slimmest clear one from amazon, which is mostly the one that comes free with the screen protector, which for me, not matter what kind of “unbreakable” gorilla glass comes with, is a must.

Kobs

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2022
IMG_4554.jpeg

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Just ordered my button cover Caudabe Sheath with the code they sent me, $4.49 for shipping :confused:

So FREE is not actually FREE :rolleyes:

Wait what's this?

So. My phone arrived today instead of Friday and I am not prepared.

Which case to get?

Screen protector I guess would still be Spigen? That is what I have used the past few years.

Also, does ringke still have those metal covers for the camera?

Thanks everyone!

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Wait what's this?

Which case to get?

Screen protector I guess would still be Spigen? That is what I have used the past few years.

Thanks everyone!

Spigen sucks this year. Go with the Torras.

drbrydges

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2016
New York
Got the Nomad rugged case in blue. Had the previous version for my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Feels great. Not too heavy and happy with the Action Button actually being covered. Purchased a UAG case first but immediately returned it because of the cut out for the Action Button.

Attachments

• IMG_2062.jpeg
    IMG_2062.jpeg
    518.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2063.jpeg
    IMG_2063.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2064.jpeg
    IMG_2064.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    493.8 KB · Views: 110

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Wait what's this?

Which case to get?

Thanks everyone!

I ordered the Caudabe Sheath with open hole and they sent me a code which made the button cover one free except the shipping.

You can't go wrong with the Otterbox Symmetry with magsafe.

Spigen GlasTR case friendly is the screen protector to get.

The Ringke metal camera protector thingy sucks this year, there is a 2 for $9.99 which is way better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.