Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I ordered the Caudabe Sheath with open hole and they sent me a code which made the button cover one free except the shipping.

You can't go wrong with the Otterbox Symmetry with magsafe.

Spigen GlasTR case friendly is the screen protector to get.

The Ringke metal camera protector thingy sucks this year, there is a 2 for $9.99 which is way better.

Ahh. I am not up to speed on Caudabe this year. I am just looking for something quick. What about a Ringke Onyx for a quick one? They are usually decent.

Cool, I will look into the screen protector STAT. Thank you.

What did you mean about the camera protector sucking? Lol. What do you mean about the 2 for $9.99 which is way better. Is this a different brand or something? /me is confused. Thanks man!!

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
At least you've gotten a reply. I hope they reply back to my email soon, as it's been almost a week with no reply.
Same. I asked for the code for the Grey sheath, several days later they send me the code that only works for Amethyst. I sent them two emails since again asking for the Grey code (since it says we can order any color) and have not heard any response.

Reactions: VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Ok just ordered.

Black Ringke Onyx
Spigen GlasTR
The camera protectors that @Synomenon just linked me to.

All to arrive tomorrow supposedly lol. So just got to be careful until then. If the case is lame I will keep it until I got something better. I would not mind a fine woven or whatever but just read way too many bad things about them. Would likely wait for a sale anyway. Wish they did not get rid of the leather cases. Ugh.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Ahh. I am not up to speed on Caudabe this year. I am just looking for something quick. What about a Ringke Onyx for a quick one? They are usually decent.

Cool, I will look into the screen protector STAT. Thank you.

What did you mean about the camera protector sucking? Lol. What do you mean about the 2 for $9.99 which is way better. Is this a different brand or something? /me is confused. Thanks man!!
The Ringke was a sloppy fit and was hard to get on straight as it had plenty of movement left and right before sticking it down. The 2 for $9.99 are the same as the Ringke but fit much better. I sent the Ringke back for a refund to Amazon.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Ok just ordered.

Black Ringke Onyx
Spigen GlasTR
The camera protectors that @Synomenon just linked me to.

All to arrive tomorrow supposedly lol. So just got to be careful until then. If the case is lame I will keep it until I got something better. I would not mind a fine woven or whatever but just read way too many bad things about them. Would likely wait for a sale anyway. Wish they did not get rid of the leather cases. Ugh.

I’ve got the Onyx among my legion of cases and I think you’ll like it. It’s always my favorite Ringke case and this year’s is just as solid as usual.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Same. I asked for the code for the Grey sheath, several days later they send me the code that only works for Amethyst. I sent them two emails since again asking for the Grey code (since it says we can order any color) and have not heard any response.

Well when you do get the gray sheath, I’d love to see the way it looks with the blue iPhone. I got Celestial Blue, the blue on blue is safe but definitely want to see the gray and blue.

Reactions: Cotypubby

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
I canceled my order for an Apple silicone case and got the Otterbox Figura for my pink 15. I hate sticky cases and this one has a very soft touch that I like. I just hope it stays that way. The fit is snug but not a death grip like my Spigen case had, and it doesn’t sag or bow out like the 14 Figura’s were said to do. I won’t say I’m crazy about the colors, but at least it compliments my wallpaper.
The photos aren’t great because I took them with my ancient iPad.

Attachments

• IMG_2498.jpeg
    IMG_2498.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2506.jpeg
    IMG_2506.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 111

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
The Ringke was a sloppy fit and was hard to get on straight as it had plenty of movement left and right before sticking it down. The 2 for $9.99 are the same as the Ringke but fit much better. I sent the Ringke back for a refund to Amazon.
That is pretty lousy. Last year was good. I still have mine on my 14PM.

Reactions: Hooterville

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I’ve got the Onyx among my legion of cases and I think you’ll like it. It’s always my favorite Ringke case and this year’s is just as solid as usual.

That is awesome thanks. Yeah I don't want to buy a ton of cases this year. So if this works out for awhile then so be it. I will be keeping my eye out on some others though. I hear mixed stuff about Caudabe this year.

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
View attachment 2287126 View attachment 2287127 View attachment 2287128 Alpine meifigno on Natural Ti 15 PM. This might be the best bang for buck case I’ve ever bought. Hard to beat for $15 and I love the color!
Yeah, some of us got it under the company name of Aulofe. I got mine in the blue, which I think looks great with new blue iPP Max. Before the new iPhones came out it was on sale for $9.99. So I got it and a Spigen case ( which I didn't like as much ) for $20. Definitely a great buy.

53207157537_03771fae8a.jpg

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
That is awesome thanks. Yeah I don't want to buy a ton of cases this year. So if this works out for awhile then so be it. I will be keeping my eye out on some others though. I hear mixed stuff about Caudabe this year.

No problem! I initially bought the non-MagSafe version of the Onyx straight from Ringke before preorders even opened so I’d have a case ready to go. That broke my new policy of not buying any non-MagSafe cases, but it was less than $10, so it’s fine (they had them 30% off before the phones launched.

I like it so much that I decided to get the MagSafe Onyx from Amazon and it’s arriving today.

As for Caudabe, I’m super happy with both my Sheath and Synthesis. I actually just ordered the “free” button cover versions of the same cases earlier today. So hopefully they’ll be here next week sometime.

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
I canceled my order for an Apple silicone case and got the Otterbox Figura for my pink 15. I hate sticky cases and this one has a very soft touch that I like. I just hope it stays that way. The fit is snug but not a death grip like my Spigen case had, and it doesn’t sag or bow out like the 14 Figura’s were said to do. I won’t say I’m crazy about the colors, but at least it compliments my wallpaper.
The photos aren’t great because I took them with my ancient iPad.
This is SO pretty!

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
The Ringke Onyx has a built in camera protector so you won't be able to use it with a separate one on.

Yeah I noticed that after I pulled the trigger lol. All good as in all likelihood, this will not be the only case that I will own.

Reactions: Pug72

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Knock, Knock who's there?

It's definitely not Phone Rebel............................................ o_O

Seriously. Every year the same thing.
Yeah, some of us got it under the company name of Aulofe. I got mine in the blue, which I think looks great with new blue iPP Max. Before the new iPhones came out it was on sale for $9.99. So I got it and a Spigen case ( which I didn't like as much ) for $20. Definitely a great buy.

53207157537_03771fae8a.jpg

Is that a Torras case?

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
No problem! I initially bought the non-MagSafe version of the Onyx straight from Ringke before preorders even opened so I’d have a case ready to go. That broke my new policy of not buying any non-MagSafe cases, but it was less than $10, so it’s fine (they had them 30% off before the phones launched.

I like it so much that I decided to get the MagSafe Onyx from Amazon and it’s arriving today.

As for Caudabe, I’m super happy with both my Sheath and Synthesis. I actually just ordered the “free” button cover versions of the same cases earlier today. So hopefully they’ll be here next week sometime.

That is awesome. Caudabe are always one of my go to cases. I always end up back with Apple leather in the end. Just sucks that they do not make them anymore.

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Seriously. Every year the same thing.

Is that a Torras case?
It's an OEM case being sold under multiple brands, including Torras. I have the Torras one (it's called the Magnetic Guardian model) and I believe the only difference is the Torras has some unique colors (mine is pink, hell yeah), and the Torras one has a set of replaceable buttons. And the Torras warranty. It's a solid case! No muss, no fuss, no big frills, just a solid feeling case that doesn't weigh too much or add too much bulk and seems protective.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
It's an OEM case being sold under multiple brands, including Torras. I have the Torras one (it's called the Magnetic Guardian model) and I believe the only difference is the Torras has some unique colors (mine is pink, hell yeah), and the Torras one has a set of replaceable buttons. And the Torras warranty. It's a solid case! No muss, no fuss, no big frills, just a solid feeling case that doesn't weigh too much or add too much bulk and seems protective.
I will keep it on my list of cases to check out. Thanks!

Reactions: Supermallet
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.