Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Thanks. I’ve ordered the Green Fabric version but looking at your pics that bottom lens is not fully protected. It baffles me why did they change that for pro version and kept lip for pro max version.

Edit: Just cancelled my Amazon order for Mous.
the 15 pro max is the same as my 14 pro? anyway they want $140AUD now for one lol, not worth it, double the sheath price.
This photo is off their website.

Image.jpeg

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Wow, appreciate you taking the time to do that!

Well, mine is a daily moisturizer with SPF. It’s not as thick as what you used ha. I wash my hands after I apply but I wonder if long term it makes my hands just more oily / greasy in general?

Really appreciate it!!
no worries, wow after seeing the price for a mous now for us, $140AUD double the sheath price, sheath wins lol.
I got both for $90 less than 6 months ago, would cost me $210 again if I get a 15 pro :(

DSTOFEL

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
Honestly, it think it's more about the price point. If they put fine woven at the same price point as silicone (at the least), that would be fair. But discontinuing such a popular product such as the leather cases, and then force feeding customers fine woven at the same price point and saying it's a worthy replacement is where people lose it.
I thought we were talking electric cars for a second there 😉. Can someone please enlighten me. I seemed to have missed the first class when Apple explained its reasoning for abandoning leather.

I’d say if Apple’s going to abandon leather, then that leaves a vacuum for some 3rd party maker to produce premium leather iPhone cases…at $59 a pop even.

Reactions: Mr.C

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Just received my Rhinoshield Crashguard bumper in white, and I'm loving it! While the sides are a tad thick, they help the phone lie flush on a table. I purposely went with this bumper because it is truly backless and lets you feel the back of the phone without a piece of clear plastic that will scuff over time. This bumper really reminds me of the OG iPhone 4 Bumper, which I adored and missed all these years. The buttons are removable so if I wanted to order new buttons from rhino shield, it's a couple bucks and it can really change the look of the case!
View attachment 2292121 View attachment 2292120 View attachment 2292122
How’s the grip?

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
whether or not you like their cases or the durability, phonerebel is a great company to deal with. over the years i have emailed them with questions and issues and i always get a quick reply. and they ship just about immediately. i already received notice that they printed a label for my order placed today. also, i emailed about the availability of the kickstand camera ring, cause i personally like it, and i mentioned that i was in such a hurry that i forgot to add the code they sent me for 10% off. got a reply about 10 mins later that they applied the discount to my order. not very many case companies like them.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I just ordered the phone rebel gen 5, hope it’s good this year .
I did the same. My computer at work crapped out the end of the day. Have to work on that tomorrow lol. Happened to see the email on my phone, so I quick snapped one up. The thing is, I did not even take the time to read it. Anything special this year like buttons etc? I have to go look now I am normally not so impulsive and quick to buy something.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
whether or not you like their cases or the durability, phonerebel is a great company to deal with. over the years i have emailed them with questions and issues and i always get a quick reply. and they ship just about immediately. i already received notice that they printed a label for my order placed today. also, i emailed about the availability of the kickstand camera ring, cause i personally like it, and i mentioned that i was in such a hurry that i forgot to add the code they sent me for 10% off. got a reply about 10 mins later that they applied the discount to my order. not very many case companies like them.

Yea, I've always had good communication and shipping from them.

Already got my tracking # a few minutes ago.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Yea, I've always had good communication and shipping from them.

Already got my tracking # a few minutes ago.
How do you like the quality of Phone Rebel cases?

I think I saw reviews of last year’s cases not holding up well after a few months.

Wonder if this will be any different from the Mous or Benks I already have though.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
How do you like the quality of Phone Rebel cases?

I think I saw reviews of last year’s cases not holding up well after a few months.

Wonder if this will be any different from the Mous or Benks I already have though.
I see some posts where peoples cases are falling apart but ive never had that happen, for me they got the best grip and size to protection ratio in the game. those edges are so easy to swap from.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I know you guys have already spoke about the Spigen Aramid Enzo but I love this case but it’s so slippery. Buttons, fit, MagSafe strength and design is on point but it’s way to slippery and needs more grip somewhere. It’s like I want to keep it on still because I’m really enjoying it.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I know you guys have already spoke about the Spigen Aramid Enzo but I love this case but it’s so slippery. Buttons, fit, MagSafe strength and design is on point but it’s way to slippery and needs more grip somewhere. It’s like I want to keep it on still because I’m really enjoying it.
Yea, it's a fantastic case. Looking forward to your Phone Rebel pics tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.