Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Just in time lol

IMG_0254.png

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Id exchange it.
I'll counter and say that almost every Pitaka case with the "weaving" aramid fibre will look like that to a degree. Either that every Pitaka I've ever owned has been somewhat defective. @Boardiesboi case looks a little more lumpy than mine though I do have one horizontal line across the lower part of my case. It isn't quite as bad as the one in the pictures above.

Personally, I would order a second one and return which ever one looks worse rather than risking getting a replacement that is worse, or at least not any better.

ht5pilot

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2011
MS
IMG_0629.jpeg
I have a Humixx case with magnetic camera cover for my iPhone 15 Pro. Really enjoyed the case for its light weight and protection, especially for the camera.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Looking at the case in proper daylight and noticed these raised horizontal streaks or stretch marks on the Pitaka MagEZ 4. Do you guys think this is normal or a defect?

View attachment 2292025 View attachment 2292028

They have pretty top notch service since I've worked with them...this is not normal and would think they would exchange the case for you without a question

How are the fingerprints on the blue Pro version? That’s the last case I’m considering…

Not too bad, but can show the print. It's not as textured as the StarPeak case.

Shame them buttons are metal on the inside otherwise i would buy Pro in a heartbeat.

This does not bother me as my devices get traded in every year...the buttons are top shelf

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
I'll counter and say that almost every Pitaka case with the "weaving" aramid fibre will look like that to a degree. Either that every Pitaka I've ever owned has been somewhat defective. @Boardiesboi case looks a little more lumpy than mine though I do have one horizontal line across the lower part of my case. It isn't quite as bad as the one in the pictures above.

Personally, I would order a second one and return which ever one looks worse rather than risking getting a replacement that is worse, or at least not any better.
Agree with this. Even with the latercase you will see this. Part of the weave.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
yep whatever they call it, thumb or fingers works lol, it's not bad enough to worry about for me.
I think it’s because I have to put on sunscreen daily. My phone case backs always end up a little oily, greasy.

I love a clean black case, so fingerprints bother me ha.

Thanks

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
I think it’s because I have to put on sunscreen daily. My phone case backs always end up a little oily, greasy.

I love a clean black case, so fingerprints bother me ha.

Thanks
Ok, I did a suncream test for you on both lol
Sheath is way worse it sticks to it and I needed water/spit to get it off.
Mous just rubbed off with the clean fingers.
Sheath looked worse too. Mous could only see it on a angle like last photo.
For the record was done with ripcurl suncream I use, with one finger rubbed suncream on skin then rubbed oily finger on the cases, lmaf.

IMG_0477.jpeg
IMG_0476.jpeg
IMG_0475.jpeg
IMG_0474.jpeg

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
For the record was done with ripcurl suncream I use, with one finger rubbed suncream on skin then rubbed oily finger on the cases, lmaf.

View attachment 2292091 View attachment 2292090 View attachment 2292093 View attachment 2292092
Can you please post pics of Mous with your iPhone 15 Pro. I want to see how the camera bump looks like with the changes. Does it protect the lens from the bottom?

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Can you please post pics of Mous with your iPhone 15 Pro. I want to see how the camera bump looks like with the changes. Does it protect the lens from the bottom?
sorry still on the 14 pro atm, you mean the missing lip on the bottom of the camera hump?
15 pro is the same.

71vhuuyCZAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
sorry still on the 14 pro atm, you mean the missing lip on the bottom of the camera hump?
15 pro is the same.

Yes the missing lip. Can you post pic of you 14 pro with the case installed.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
I keep going back to the Spigen Liquid Air as my favorite, even with it not having MagSafe.

1. Spigen Liquid Air - nicest to hold. Perfect compromises on grip…

The Spigen Liquid Air really is a cheap underrated case. It’s on the top of my list too after trying a few cases, and is 1/3 the price.

The Mag Armor MagFit (dumb name) is a very similar case—even in price, although with a slightly different pattern on the TPU. It is a tiny bit thicker, but adds a competent magnet (prior Spigen cases for the 12/13 always seemed to have weak magnets).

For the folks with Pros, the Action Button is an actual button, too.

CPark98

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2016
Just received my Rhinoshield Crashguard bumper in white, and I'm loving it! While the sides are a tad thick, they help the phone lie flush on a table. I purposely went with this bumper because it is truly backless and lets you feel the back of the phone without a piece of clear plastic that will scuff over time. This bumper really reminds me of the OG iPhone 4 Bumper, which I adored and missed all these years. The buttons are removable so if I wanted to order new buttons from rhino shield, it's a couple bucks and it can really change the look of the case!
IMG_1579.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012

View attachment 2292091 View attachment 2292090 View attachment 2292093 View attachment 2292092
Wow, appreciate you taking the time to do that!

Well, mine is a daily moisturizer with SPF. It’s not as thick as what you used ha. I wash my hands after I apply but I wonder if long term it makes my hands just more oily / greasy in general?

Really appreciate it!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.