Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Yea, it's a fantastic case. Looking forward to your Phone Rebel pics tomorrow.

Same here. I may check out that Spigen case but I should probably wait for some sales. I just have the Ringke Onyx and ordered the Phone Rebel today.

@Hooterville Wow you got a tracking number already for your Phone Rebel order? I did not. Just that they received my order. Did you do expedited shipping?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Same here. I may check out that Spigen case but I should probably wait for some sales. I just have the Ringke Onyx and ordered the Phone Rebel today.

@Hooterville Wow you got a tracking number already for your Phone Rebel order? I did not. Just that they received my order. Did you do expedited shipping?
I did Priority Mail. The post office is closed today so they are not going to move until tomorrow.

Reactions: VaderRulez

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
After spending the weekend with the Brenks Armor Pro, I decided to slap the Mous Limitless 5.0 on for a few days.

First impressions of the Mous
-Just feels bulkier than the Benks
-Can notice the sharper edges on the Mous
-Mous does feel heavier and less comfortable to hold than Benks
-Mous feels like it can take a drop better than Benks
-so far the Mous’ carbon fiber doesn’t show fingerprints as much as the Benks’ aramid fiber (still very early though - only had it on 30 minutes)
-buttons on both are fantastic
-both have a snug fit, but the Mous is extra tight (more of a pain to get off and on if you switch cases often)

I think if the Benks Armor Pro hid fingerprints better, my case search would likely be over. I am used to the OB Defender Pro on my past phones though, and I’m just now now sure how well the Armor Pro handles drops and will be able to protect your phone.

Think I’ll try the OB Symmetry next.

Will wait for some reviews and consider the Phone Rebel Gen 5.

Reactions: MrGrim999

okifeelthat

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Just got the clay Apple silicone case for my iPhone 15 pro…
And so disappointed the cutouts are slightly off center. Easy to tell because I can see the left screw but not the right screw if that makes sense. I don’t think its off center too bad to the point the case is covering the speaker and mic holes but debating if I should exchange it or just deal with it.

Reactions: Teach8870

Chancha

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2014
I have the Benks Mist (matte) back case on day 1 of my 15 Pro Max purchase, got it just intending for temporary usage when buying a screen protector across the Apple Store. Ended up liking it so much that I wanted a backup, checked online to know there is an aramid version in Benks Armor Pro.

Got this few days ago, initially was totally disappointed due to the power button being stuck (it is a wide spread issue, looks like a whole 2nd batch is infested with this according to recent reviews). Took it back to the shop and got refunded, the shop guys are disappointed as well and just let me have the case since they were gonna throw it away anyway. At home I took the case apart and found out the stuck button can be fixed by removing a protective plastic, and then another adhesive padded layer, as long as you are left with just the metal piece the button can be unstuck.

So I ended up having a perfectly good aramid case for free. Been using it for 3 days, can confidently say this is the best case I have ever used. The whole back panel is aramid, but the side ring is dense rubber with very decent grip, round without edges but still holds in your hand. The side buttons are all metal as said, clicky, protrude enough so easy to blind touch, but hard enough to never get accidental presses. The metallic camera ring feels like right height, just enough to protect the lenses from sticking out while being absolutely tough, in fact I fear it is damaging my other stuff or the surfaces I slam the phone on. Lastly it is the weight, it is by no means light with the materials used, but they seem to have made sure just enough is used in all places so the whole thing does not feel bulky and heavy. And the best part is the price, the shop was selling it for just $25 dollars but then I got it free even. lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: justinf77

ctpaa

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2023
I have the Benks Mist (matte) back case on day 1 of my 15 Pro Max purchase, got it just intending for temporary usage when buying a screen protector across the Apple Store. Ended up liking it so much that I wanted a backup, checked online to know there is an aramid version in Benks Armor Pro.

Got this few days ago, initially was totally disappointed due to the power button being stuck (it is a wide spread issue, looks like a whole 2nd batch is infested with this according to recent reviews). Took it back to the shop and got refunded, the shop guys are disappointed as well and just let me have the case since they were gonna throw it away anyway. At home I took the case apart and found out the stuck button can be fixed by removing a protective plastic, and then another adhesive padded layer, as long as you are left with just the metal piece the button can be unstuck.

So I ended up having a perfectly good aramid case for free. Been using it for 3 days, can confidently say this is the best case I have ever used. The whole back panel is aramid, but the side ring is dense rubber with very decent grip, round without edges but still holds in your hand. The side buttons are all metal as said, clicky, protrude enough so easy to blind touch, but hard enough to never get accidental presses. The metallic camera ring feels like right height, just enough to protect the lenses from sticking out while being absolutely touch, in face I fear it is damaging my other stuff or the surfaces I slam the phone on. Lastly it is the weight, it is by no means light with the materials used, but they seem to have made sure just enough is used in all places so the whole thing does not feel bulky and heavy. And the best part is the price, the shop was selling it for just $25 dollars but then I got it free even. lol.
Thanks for this. Managed to fix my defective benks case!

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Just received my Rhinoshield Crashguard bumper in white, and I'm loving it! While the sides are a tad thick, they help the phone lie flush on a table. I purposely went with this bumper because it is truly backless and lets you feel the back of the phone without a piece of clear plastic that will scuff over time. This bumper really reminds me of the OG iPhone 4 Bumper, which I adored and missed all these years. The buttons are removable so if I wanted to order new buttons from rhino shield, it's a couple bucks and it can really change the look of the case!
View attachment 2292121 View attachment 2292120 View attachment 2292122
I got one of those for my 14PM, but tossed it because my Magsafe power bank and Magsafe car mount wouldn't fit within the confines of the bumper, meaning I couldn't use them with the Rhinoshield.

Reactions: yOyOYoo

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
So I did place an order for a cheapo Swissten jelly case with magsafe, but just noticed yesterday, that it has a cutout for the action button instead of a real button. I did place an order for a Spigen Ultra Hybrid with "MagFit" case which comes on Thursday and that one has a real button not a cutout. Did anyone find a good leather case with an actual button for the action button though? I did check out Andars aspen leather case but it has the cutout for the action buttton :( The other one I did find was from Nomad, but I am not sure about the thick bumper+leather combination of it.

Chancha

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2014
Thanks for this. Managed to fix my defective benks case!
I was also at a lost, but saw the top review in amazon mentioning that solution. So it looks like the issue is everywhere, and it is odd that the very first batch had no such problem.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
So I did place an order for a cheapo Swissten jelly case with magsafe, but just noticed yesterday, that it has a cutout for the action button instead of a real button. I did place an order for a Spigen Ultra Hybrid with "MagFit" case which comes on Thursday and that one has a real button not a cutout. Did anyone find a good leather case with an actual button for the action button though? I did check out Andars aspen leather case but it has the cutout for the action buttton :( The other one I did find was from Nomad, but I am not sure about the thick bumper+leather combination of it.

ctpaa

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2023
I was also at a lost, but saw the top review in amazon mentioning that solution. So it looks like the issue is everywhere, and it is odd that the very first batch had no such problem.

It was definitely a widespread problem. I know at least 3 other people that had the same issue.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Wow which store was that at? Online prices here are still 150
Apparently its an in store clearance.
Not my pic. Got it from T’s discord.

IMG_0982.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: VaderRulez

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020

This looks really nice and it has the button for the action button. Thank You! :)

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I'll counter and say that almost every Pitaka case with the "weaving" aramid fibre will look like that to a degree. Either that every Pitaka I've ever owned has been somewhat defective. @Boardiesboi case looks a little more lumpy than mine though I do have one horizontal line across the lower part of my case. It isn't quite as bad as the one in the pictures above.

Personally, I would order a second one and return which ever one looks worse rather than risking getting a replacement that is worse, or at least not any better.
So this screenshot is from Pitaka’s instagram stories and the case they’re showing also has these raised streaks.
Could this part of the design?!?

IMG_0996.jpeg

Reactions: Teach8870

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
I know you guys have already spoke about the Spigen Aramid Enzo but I love this case but it’s so slippery. Buttons, fit, MagSafe strength and design is on point but it’s way to slippery and needs more grip somewhere. It’s like I want to keep it on still because I’m really enjoying it.
Had mine a little while now and it definitely gets grippier after a while. Love this case.

I have bought a cheapo to try on Amazon though. I really love black & red together so when I saw this I thought, "why not?" for £15.

71xJYn2vhVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
^Thanks for the pics of those scratches - I can scratch that one off the list!

Anyone wanting an OB Symmetry…Best Buy has them on sale right now for $29.97 (only a few colors though compared to OB site).

Going to pick one yo today since @Hooterville highly recommends it.

The Mous and Benks Arrmor Pro are just showing too many smudges for my liking. I really want to like them though - love mostly everything else about them.

Last edited:

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
After spending the weekend with the Brenks Armor Pro, I decided to slap the Mous Limitless 5.0 on for a few days.

First impressions of the Mous
-Just feels bulkier than the Benks
-Can notice the sharper edges on the Mous
-Mous does feel heavier and less comfortable to hold than Benks
-Mous feels like it can take a drop better than Benks
-so far the Mous’ carbon fiber doesn’t show fingerprints as much as the Benks’ aramid fiber (still very early though - only had it on 30 minutes)
-buttons on both are fantastic
-both have a snug fit, but the Mous is extra tight (more of a pain to get off and on if you switch cases often)

I think if the Benks Armor Pro hid fingerprints better, my case search would likely be over. I am used to the OB Defender Pro on my past phones though, and I’m just now now sure how well the Armor Pro handles drops and will be able to protect your phone.

Think I’ll try the OB Symmetry next.

Will wait for some reviews and consider the Phone Rebel Gen 5.
Hey man! Just curious, after placing the order for the Mous, how long did they take to process the order and ship out?

Last edited:

ctpaa

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2023
The 600D Pitaka Pro 4 has finally* arrived. Don't think there's a single photo of it anywhere so I thought I'd post it here. Looks cool - nicer than the 1500D Pro 4 imo - but it doesn't feel substantially different.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 12.46.52.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 12.46.52.png
    793 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 12.47.00.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 12.47.00.png
    969.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.