Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
Could we see some pics? I plan to grab either the Limitless 5 speckled or a CASETiFY impact or bounce…
Casetify isnt worth the money.. I had bottom sag out the box last year which imo is unacceptable for the prices they charge. Tons of reviews online complain about the rubber edge separating after few months of use..it seems like a common issue across all their cases as it’s the same backplate designs fused with different type of border protection. unless you really want a certain design or collab I would pass on their iPhone cases.

Bradyy91

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2023
My temporary case - Torras Slim Fit in navy on a BlueTi. Only keeping this until my Bullstrap arrives.

IMG_7140.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7139.jpeg
    IMG_7139.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7141.jpeg
    IMG_7141.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 99

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Oh wow, I had completely written off pitaka solely based off price point, but after looking at more pictures of that Starpeak MagEZ 4, I'm very tempted.

Last edited:

hellojohnny

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
California
I stumbled upon this case company from Japan, CASEFINITE which offers a very thin/minimal frosted case with MagSafe. I ordered the Frost Air Ultra in Smoke Black to match my Black Titanium 15 Pro ($41.00 + $15 shipping to USA)

Here is the website and Youtube video reviewing and covering the case in-depth.

Video reviews:

Reactions: Synomenon

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Looking at the case in proper daylight and noticed these raised horizontal streaks or stretch marks on the Pitaka MagEZ 4. Do you guys think this is normal or a defect?

IMG_0989.jpeg
IMG_0990.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0985.jpeg
    IMG_0985.jpeg
    848.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0988.jpeg
    IMG_0988.jpeg
    629.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0986.jpeg
    IMG_0986.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Wow
Reactions: VSMacOne

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
I keep going back to the Spigen Liquid Air as my favorite, even with it not having MagSafe.

1. Spigen Liquid Air - nicest to hold. Perfect compromises on grip.

2. Nomad Modern Leather - nice but bulkier than it needs to be. The bottom also adds a lot of unnecessary depth to the device and after a single weekend, has collected so much lint.

3. Apple Silicone - fine, sharp USB C cutout

4. Caudabe Sheath - well made

5. FineWoven - very slippery

Last edited:

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
@Hooterville
Why did you say you prefer the OB Symmetry over the Sheath again?

I'm liking the Mous Limitless, love the Benks (unsure about drop protection on it though), but both of them are fingerprint magnets!

Considering the Sheath and Symmetry in hopes they don't show fingerprints.
Still on 14 pro but it's a hard call between the sheath and mous, if the mous carbon didn't get smudges which do wipe off easily, and magsafe was a bit stronger not that I have had a issue on my car magsafe holder, I still like the mous better, feels great to hold, excellent buttons better than sheaths.
Def be better protection.

Reactions: maverick22

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Still on 14 pro but it's a hard call between the sheath and mous, if the mous carbon didn't get smudges which do wipe off easily, and magsafe was a bit stronger not that I have had a issue on my car magsafe holder, I still like the mous better, feels great to hold, excellent buttons better than sheaths.
Def be better protection.
How do you wipe the smudges off the Mous?

You have the aramid fiber one? Or do they call it carbon fiber?

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
Looking at the case in proper daylight and noticed these raised horizontal streaks or stretch marks on the Pitaka MagEZ 4. Do you guys think this is normal or a defect?

View attachment 2292025 View attachment 2292028

That’s 100% a defect. Never seen a Pitaka case with that issue before. The company had excellent customer service, reach out to them and they’ll expedite a replacement for you.

NauticalDan

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
I keep going back to the Spigen Liquid Air as my favorite, even with it not having MagSafe.

1. Spigen Liquid Air - nicest to hold. Perfect compromises on grip.

2. Nomad Modern Leather - nice but bulkier than it needs to be. The bottom also adds a lot of unnecessary depth to the device and after a single weekend, has collected so much lint.

3. Apple Silicone - fine, sharp USB C cutout

4. Caudabe Sheath - well made, but not a fan of the coarse texture anymore.

5. FineWoven - very slippery
The Spigen Liquid Air really is a cheap underrated case. It’s on the top of my list too after trying a few cases, and is 1/3 the price.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
I agree with you, too much going on for my liking. That design is 🤮 in my opinion.
Yeah I went to the site full prepared to order it once I got the email, but I took a closer look and decided to pass. I am impressed with my restraint.

Between the Pitaka(s), Apple silicone, and the Nomad Rugged for when I need more protection, I am fairly satisfied with my case lineup.

I have to say, one nice thing about going from the 14PM to the 15P is I find that I don't need cases to be as grippy because of the smaller phone size. It's opened up a whole new world lol.

Reactions: Djones96
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.