Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
The iPhone 15 Pro Max is our fourth iPhone but the first one that we're going to use Magsafe charging. Our Otterbox Defender Pro cases aren't allowing attachment to our ESR Magsafe charging stands.

Any suggestions on a rugged similar to the Otterbox Defender XT? We're looking at the Pelican Shield, Simply Carbon Fiber cases.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I guess I have good pockets lol I’ve never had issues running with the silicone and excessive lint …definitely a good feeling case ..running with the Clay on Titanium iPhone …what case did you replace it with ?
I'm trialling a black finewoven and am really liking it. I have Navy decoded also.

I have a grey 'cowhide' leather case and a Apple leather knock off en route from Ali Express

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
I guess I have good pockets lol I’ve never had issues running with the silicone and excessive lint …definitely a good feeling case ..running with the Clay on Titanium iPhone …what case did you replace it with ?
Same with me lol. I noticed that for the first week or two the case picks up a lot of lint and then it suddenly stops shortly after that.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
@Hooterville
Why did you say you prefer the OB Symmetry over the Sheath again?

I'm liking the Mous Limitless, love the Benks (unsure about drop protection on it though), but both of them are fingerprint magnets!

Considering the Sheath and Symmetry in hopes they don't show fingerprints.

They are both fantastic cases. I like the buttons on the Symmetry way better, no open air slits, very tactical and I can change the colors. They Symmetry also offers no fingerprints and better drop protection than the Sheath.

I like that the Sheath has fantastic grip, nice soft lining on the inside back, very slim to the phone and no fingerprints or Magsafe rings show up on the back. I believe the Sheath has stronger Magsafe magnets also.
The Symmetry does show a Magsafe ring after charging but it wipes away easily.

Get both, you won't be disappointed in either.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The iPhone 15 Pro Max is our fourth iPhone but the first one that we're going to use Magsafe charging. Our Otterbox Defender Pro cases aren't allowing attachment to our ESR Magsafe charging stands.

Any suggestions on a rugged similar to the Otterbox Defender XT? We're looking at the Pelican Shield, Simply Carbon Fiber cases.
Nomad Rugged. 15 ft. drop protection, lay-flat design, nice metal buttons, soft interior, not bad for fingerprints. IMO a much nicer case than the Otterbox.

Last edited:

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
They are both fantastic cases. I like the buttons on the Symmetry way better, no open air slits, very tactical and I can change the colors. They Symmetry also offers no fingerprints and better drop protection than the Sheath.

I like that the Sheath has fantastic grip, nice soft lining on the inside back, very slim to the phone and no fingerprints or Magsafe rings show up on the back. I believe the Sheath has stronger Magsafe magnets also.
The Symmetry does show a Magsafe ring after charging but it wipes away easily.

Get both, you won't be disappointed in either.
Does the Symmetry have a soft interior? I know the Defender Pro has the inner hard plastic.

Thanks!

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Reactions: Young Turk

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Does the Symmetry have a soft interior? I know the Defender Pro has the inner hard plastic.

Thanks!

Along the edges only, the back is just hard plastic.

bs03.jpg

Reactions: maverick22

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
What aliexpress leather cases are you buying? Must have MagSafe. Better if you already have the case and can vouch for it. Links please! Thanks :) I’m overwhelmed by the choices.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
How bad is the dust and dirt problem with Caudabe buttons?

Agreed with [mention]KentuckyHouse [/mention] the slits on the buttons are a non issue.

If you’re complaining about a bit of dust going through those then it’s just nit picking at this point in my opinion.

Which by the way the slits are so small that whatever dust makes it through if any won’t scratch your phone or anything. It’s going to be okay!

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Either way overblown or non-existent. I work outside and have had zero issues with dust or dirt getting into the case through the slits by the buttons.

Seriously, don’t worry about it at all.

Agreed with [mention]KentuckyHouse [/mention] the slits on the buttons are a non issue.

If you’re complaining about a bit of dust going through those then it’s just nit picking at this point in my opinion.

Which by the way the slits are so small that whatever dust makes it through if any won’t scratch your phone or anything. It’s going to be okay!
Thanks both of you.

Ive never used Caudabe cases before hence thought ask the question on here.

I know Mous in the past used to have slit buttons. Never had any issue with them.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
View attachment 2287086 View attachment 2287088 View attachment 2287089 View attachment 2287090 View attachment 2287091 View attachment 2287092 View attachment 2287093 View attachment 2287094 View attachment 2287095 i received my vaja case and wallet wrap today. initial impression is this case is extremely nice. fit is perfect on the case. even on all four corners. great smell, feel and looks. i’ve been ordering from vaja for many years. i usually get a folio and after a few months i get tired of the cover, but it’s attached. this year with the detachable wallet wrap, my plan is to use this long term. great strong magsafe. i personally like all the openings. i can see and feel some of the phone. the phone snaps in place when attaching it to the wallet. the metal logo plate on the case is used to magnetically close the wallet. there must be extra magnets along the right side cause when in stand mode, it remains solidly attached. i love it and my color choices. let me know if anyone wants 15% off on a purchase from vajacases. i’ll get loyalty points from the link btw.
This looks great , I may order the black one … is the fit nice and tight ? I may get a skin to protect the open sides

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
considering a pitaka MagEZ Case Pro 4. anyone have this case who purchased it? are the buttons protected on the inside? which looks better, the 1500d or 600 aramid? any grip to it? thanks if you know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.