Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
So my replacement Sheath and Synthesis (action button version) arrived today and they decided to ship out the action button cutout version!

I am so disappointed as I was totally looking forward to the revised versions. I’m sure they will make it right but now to wait for a response and wait for the shipment again…

In other news though I only had the Synthesis so far and just got a Sheath and I have to say it is very nice this year and I love it!

I’ll be going back and forth between the two but for now this Sheath will be staying on my phone for a little while lol

View attachment 2290845 View attachment 2290846
What is that 427 widget?

Reactions: JBlass421

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
So Rebel Gen 5 is available to order. I just browsed through all the pics and it doesn’t please me one bit. Feels like a Chinese knock off. Yes protection and functionality is great but what the hell.

Too much going on. Feels like if it was designed by some one at Samsung.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
So Rebel Gen 5 is available to order. I just browsed through all the pics and it doesn’t please me one bit. Feels like a Chinese knock off. Yes protection and functionality is great but what the hell.

It's a tradition, must order every year :oops: Plus it will match my Enzo case with all that shiny aluminum trim ;)

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022

I agree with you, too much going on for my liking. That design is 🤮 in my opinion.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012

I don’t mind the look, as long as I like everything else about it. Probably will show fingerprints since it’s an aramid fiber case.

What were some of the “knocks” against last year’s model? I believe I read some people saying quality - that it was falling apart in a few months.

Reactions: Sal09

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
GEN5 is the promo code

IMG_0722.jpg

Reactions: VaderRulez
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.