Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
IMG_0195.jpeg

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
If you guys want to check out the pics of the Gen 5, check out my IG page. Ive tried to resize them twice and they aren't uploading here.

Awesome it looks a little bit like the Enzo no? Sides look more grippy ..I just hit the follow as well.

Reactions: VaderRulez

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Please can you post a link to the decoded leather case. May order it now...

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
The Sheath is just such a beast of a case. It’s somehow slim, and yet I dropped it corner down on my concrete garage floor and other than a bit of dirt doesn’t look any worse for wear.
Yep, I love it.

Had one for my old 13 mini for a year. Dropped it a few times, not a single mark on the phone or the case. No discolouring, no damage over a year, no bits fading or peeling off, doesn't leave lots of fingerprints. I took it off the phone the other day and after a little clean up it looks as new.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
I’m intrigued by this case! I would love to check it out but it’s not on Amazon so it’s not as much of a slam dunk for me lol. Anyone tried it?

Also, I’m surprised I haven’t see anyone post a pic with a Catalyst Influence this year… I know they have the cutout but I noticed it said “only 3 left” on Amazon so it makes me wonder if they are clearing those out to make room for an action button version!?

Attachments

• IMG_0372.png
    IMG_0372.png
    524.1 KB · Views: 100

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Yep, I love it.

Had one for my old 13 mini for a year. Dropped it a few times, not a single mark on the phone or the case. No discolouring, no damage over a year, no bits fading or peeling off, doesn't leave lots of fingerprints. I took it off the phone the other day and after a little clean up it looks as new.
I find that the Sheath, and the black Gripzilla leave absolutely zero fingerprints! (I included the Gripzilla because it was being talked about its fingerprints or lack thereof a few posts ago) Fingerprints aren’t even on the radar for these two cases.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I find that the Sheath, and the black Gripzilla leave absolutely zero fingerprints! (I included the Gripzilla because it was being talked about its fingerprints or lack thereof a few posts ago) Fingerprints aren’t even on the radar for these two cases.
I’m gonna order that Gripzilla. I’ve heard enough good things about it.

Symmetry might be just a tad slippery for me.

Gripzilla might just check all the boxes as long as it can handle a drop okay!

Thanks for sharing.

Might have to order the phone rebel 5 if it doesn’t show fingerprints. I assume it will some though.

plushboringfrog

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
I've always been so close to buying a Gripzilla but I'm not sure how much I'd actually use it. I've been buying Gripmunks for years.

I received my replacement Armor Pro from Benks today. I have to shake the phone to get these buttons to slightly rattle. Big improvement. They sent the replacement for free and didn't ask me to return the original. Very happy with their customer service.

Reactions: maverick22 and AE14

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
I had a sheath for my 13 pro and loved it. Want to get one for my 15 pro max, but not sure what color to go with. I think the gray sheath with the titanium blue would be a good contrast, what do you all think? Also want to try a woven fiber case despite all the bad press it’s received. I like how the pacific blue looks, and definitely want something lighter as an every day case than my current Spigen tough armor. A little too heavy duty for my liking.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I had a sheath for my 13 pro and loved it. Want to get one for my 15 pro max, but not sure what color to go with. I think the gray sheath with the titanium blue would be a good contrast, what do you all think? Also want to try a woven fiber case despite all the bad press it’s received. I like how the pacific blue looks, and definitely want something lighter as an every day case than my current Spigen tough armor. A little too heavy duty for my liking.

The Celestial Blue or Gray Sheath would probably look best on the blue phone. The gray would contrast nicely (there might even be some pics in this thread if you look back a bit).

FrozenDarkness

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2009
Just got my blue Decoded leather case. I don't really think I can add to the pictures that's already posted. I think it feels pretty good. the nit I have is that the bottom lip doesn't hug the phone enough so when you look at the bottom lip, you can actually see through the hole between phone and the case which is a bit distracting.

Reactions: VSMacOne

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
Just got my blue Decoded leather case. I don't really think I can add to the pictures that's already posted. I think it feels pretty good. the nit I have is that the bottom lip doesn't hug the phone enough so when you look at the bottom lip, you can actually see through the hole between phone and the case which is a bit distracting.

Noticed that too.

Reactions: Teach8870

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I like the Phone Rebel overall and my kid has been using the 14 Pro version for the last few weeks. Only downside on the 14Pro version was that it didn’t like all screen protectors. The snappy corners could start lifting a protector

Reactions: maverick22

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
View attachment 2292805 Just place an order for phone rebel gen5 for my 15 pro max. Let the waiting begins 7-21 days lol, hopefully its a good case and doesnt disappoint

Looks like the tiny screws inside is recess not touching the phone.
Them screws will come loose at some point. You can pin bookmark this post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.