Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
If you guys want to check out the pics of the Gen 5, check out my IG page. Ive tried to resize them twice and they aren't uploading here.

Looking good man. A bit more excited to get mine now. Also looking forward to your video!

Jimmyone

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2017
Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 03-12-24 Checkout - Phone Rebel.png

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
Not gonna lie, those screws make me extremely nervous. You’re right, all screws loosen over time and this could spell disaster.
Yeah screw does come loose at one point with sufficient or constant movement on that particular area where is the screw is.Hope it doesnt, as long the screw is recess not having direct contact with the phone it should be ok . If it does get loose . then thread locker will solve it

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Why are you knocking on the phone Rebel so hard man? Lol. I can’t see how the screws are just going to come loose? Something that I will keep in mind because I feel I’m going to be using this case long term or at least in my rotation.
Just my reservations lol. No other reason lol.

Car Key holders, AirTag holders etc these tiny screws always come loose.

Yeah ill keep an eye out on your YT channel for follow up reviews.

Reactions: VaderRulez

nanohits

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
So just got the clear case from Totallee and to be honest, it is not worth the price you pay. The case scratches easily and whilst they claim it is thin, it is ok. Also they have a cut out for the action button which can be a bit hard to press. So overall, not worth the price you pay as you can get better ones on Amazon or Aliexpress for 80% less. Not impressed so far. Have to live with 2 big scratches on the case now. I am going to try the Torras Magsafe light origin case and see if that's any good.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Same here. I always bought an Apple leather case and called it a day.

Quite happy with the gray Sheath right now though, so much so that I ended up canceling my Ghost preorder.
I always ended up buying 3-4 Apple Leather cases.

I dont think i’ll get my Sheath before mid November.

Currently im enjoying my FW rotation but its not same as leather.

Might order Pitaka Pro 4 and add felt to the buttons. I like that case a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.