Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I just don’t see the point in having the logo be removable? Just to say it is? Kinda pointless imo
it seems like you’ll be able to remove the original one and add one with holes to add a lanyard or strap. probably also to color coordinate with add on lens rim and buttons. that’s my guess. the website shows what looks to me to be the lanyard attachment.

Reactions: Hooterville

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
I don’t find that to be a bad thing. I’ve gotten so used to popping it on and off. I like the tight fit. But I’m also not afraid of it scratching or anything as it just doesn’t. If you’re gonna baby it trying to take it off then yes I can see that being an issue.

I agree. I got the FineWoven and that thing is not a tight fit at all. I can literally feel the case moving when I squeeze the sides. A tight fitting case is a must for me.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
3e409a11d4cc7cde552ace235597db07.jpg

a961a00cc853123b0d97407ca3650a4a.jpg

9983a684227c4d0ea9aeb9346a467192.jpg

3ad048146fc9ad9f421eb21221b44f04.jpg

Running Black at the moment with Umber Wallet.

I love the fitting and to me that back feels lush.

Just give it a few days. The fit will get loose and the back will get all scratched up.

I feel like such a hater talking about that case, but it’s just as bad as people are making it out to be.

Reactions: Zensō

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I agree. I got the FineWoven and that thing is not a tight fit at all. I can literally feel the case moving when I squeeze the sides. A tight fitting case is a must for me.
I had the FW for a little while and while it was very grippy when taking it off the phone, I did have one of the corners that was moving and making a squeaking sound when rubbing against the titanium. Not a very premium experience.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
I started with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid but was curious about other cases, so I decided to try out the Ringke Fusion Bold in the frosted grey color. This one was made for the natural titanium but I wanted to test how it would look on Black titanium instead, and it did not disappoint. Paired with the black, it turns the back part of the phone into a nice space gray/graphite, almost natural color.

Overall, its not as nice of a case as the Spigen but I do like the aesthetics here so I’ll be keeping it. The sides have a textured grip but feels stiff. (Spigen’s sides are smooth and blends in extremely well with the frosted back, like it’s one piece. Can’t even feel any seams, it feels amazing). And the buttons are a bit stiffer. Finally, the front lip is raised only at the top and bottom of the screen. If you use a screen protector, it is about flush on the middle of each side. So take that into account if you want your screen protected uniformly.

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpeg
    IMG_0199.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0204.jpeg
    IMG_0204.jpeg
    378.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0202.jpeg
    IMG_0202.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0205.jpeg
    IMG_0205.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0201.jpeg
    IMG_0201.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Just got my blue Decoded leather case. I don't really think I can add to the pictures that's already posted. I think it feels pretty good. the nit I have is that the bottom lip doesn't hug the phone enough so when you look at the bottom lip, you can actually see through the hole between phone and the case which is a bit distracting.

Noticed that too.
Mine has this. I reported to them and asked for a warranty exchange but they were out of stock so eneded up just refunding me and letting me keep the case.

The Apple FW cases also have this so must be 'normal' to some degree

sack_peak

Suspended
Sep 3, 2023
I started with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid but was curious about other cases, so I decided to try out the Ringke Fusion Bold in the frosted grey color. This one was made for the natural titanium but I wanted to test how it would look on Black titanium instead, and it did not disappoint. Paired with the black, it turns the back part of the phone into a nice space gray/graphite, almost natural color.

Overall, its not as nice of a case as the Spigen but I do like the aesthetics here so I’ll be keeping it. The sides have a textured grip but feels stiff. (Spigen’s sides are smooth and blends in extremely well with the frosted back, like it’s one piece. Can’t even feel any seams, it feels amazing). And the buttons are a bit stiffer. Finally, the front lip is raised only at the top and bottom of the screen. If you use a screen protector, it is about flush on the middle of each side. So take that into account if you want your screen protected uniformly.
Looking at your phone + Ringke Fusion Bold is making me waiver in my loyalty to Spigen Liquid Air.

Ifti

macrumors 601
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Aliexpress silicone cases in winter blue and orange sorbet. Feels and looks thicker than the Apple Original (I don’t have one to directly compare). Feels nice in the hands and hasn’t picked up lint (yet).

View attachment 2292850 View attachment 2292851

Two lovely colors.
I have the Clay on my Titanium pro max - tempted to get the winter blue as well but this seller doesnt ship to my location! I'll just get teh Apple original, but this seems a great deal for those who can get it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Boardiesboi

Ifti

macrumors 601
Dec 14, 2010
UK
How many of your have more then 1 case??
How do you rotate or use them??

I generally only ever have one case and only replace it if/when I need to, but tempted to pick up a few other colours this time!

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I always ended up buying 3-4 Apple Leather cases.

I dont think i’ll get my Sheath before mid November.

Currently im enjoying my FW rotation but its not same as leather.

Might order Pitaka Pro 4 and add felt to the buttons. I like that case a lot.

Which FW’s have you got? Which do you like best?

chillip

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2013
Concerned the gen 5 is a heavy case compared to previous versions based on Tees review. Mine arrive on Friday.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Just give it a few days. The fit will get loose and the back will get all scratched up.

I feel like such a hater talking about that case, but it’s just as bad as people are making it out to be.
I have almost 3 weeks. Still going strong.

All you need to do is put in some effort and take good care of your tech. I mean all of your tech.

I seriously do not get the hate for these cases. All the hate is purely due to the fact Apple discontinued leather cases and kept the prices for FW the same. People need to get over it and move on including me.

Its your money and Apple in no way shape or form is forcing you to spend that money on these cases.

You are free to spend that 60 quid on anything you want. Period.

All these YT gurus who are trashing these cases have made 10 times more in revenue at your expense.

I cant think of any sane person who will rip their cases apart in normal day to day life.

Case is supposed to get scratched so that your device doesn’t gets scratched.

e.g

Nomad’s horween leather is so soft that you might scratch it by putting it on your device. And people go 🤩 damn that looks sweet.

Fine Woven gets scratched. Oh that case is trash.

Last edited:

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
Get a caudabe sheath and you wont worry about case scratches, that case literally doesnt have any wear and tear. I have been using caudabe sheath one my 14 pro max till now since launch. Still look as new and tight fitting

Also Saw some of the post people worry about slits at the button areas The good thing about the sheath its so easy to remove and yet tight fitting. Makes it cleaning the device so much more easier. Wont be surprise i will be going back to my 15 pro max sheath as well after trying so many different case.

Last edited:

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
How many of your have more then 1 case??
How do you rotate or use them??

I generally only ever have one case and only replace it if/when I need to, but tempted to pick up a few other colours this time!
I usually run multiple cases, especially because I keep my phone for at least two to three years before upgrading. On my 13 pro I had a sheath, Apple leather case, Mous Limitless, and Apple clear case. Each had their own uses and I would swap out depending on the occasion. I have a Spigen tough armor for my 15 Pro Max currently, and plan on getting a Dbrand Ghost Case and another Sheath at some point.

Reactions: Ifti and swerve147
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.