Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Get a caudabe sheath and you wont worry about case scratches, that case literally doesnt have any wear and tear. I have been using caudabe sheath one my 14 pro max till now since launch. Still look as new and tight fitting

Also Saw some of the post people worry about slits at the button areas The good thing about the sheath its so easy to remove and yet tight fitting. Makes it cleaning the device so much more easier. Wont be surprise i will be going back to my 15 pro max sheath as well after trying so many different case.
Yeah i was worried about slit buttons but good people on this forum put my mind to rest.

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
Yeah i was worried about slit buttons but good people on this forum put my mind to rest.
Yeah the case is so easy to remove tbh and yet tight fitting , the material is easy on the device as well and is durable sturdy ish. And the grip is pretty good ( doesn't easily slide on the surface either). So cleaning the device like on weekly basis is a breeze which literally making dust/lint build up impossible. But of course one must be willing to make it a habit of cleaning and to take care of their tech as well.

I used to have a limitless for my 14 pro max, but finding myself kept going back to my sheath . Dont get me wrong the limitless is a good case. But in terms of minimalist and grip as well as the ease of cleaning the device sheath hands down.

*slit or no slit , dust and lint will get in no matter what. The best way to prevent micro scratches is to take out and clean the device and clean your phone case.

Reactions: Sal09

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014
I want a case to my 15PM like I have for my Xperia 1V. It doesn't cover the sides entirely and easy to hold.

Attachments

• sony-xperia-1-v-bakfodral-gront--pdp_zoom-3000.jpg
    sony-xperia-1-v-bakfodral-gront--pdp_zoom-3000.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 59

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Took a few days, but read the entire thread. WOW!! So many cases. I am using the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear, on a Nat 15 PM. Have only seen this Spigen mentioned about twice.

It’s working perfectly so far. The screen protector runs edge to edge. That is keeping me from buying some of the other few cases that seemed interesting. I’m afraid to mess up and not get the same clean fit I now have.

Reactions: deruch and trav54

MattNetherlands

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
Bit the bullet and bought the Apple storm blue silicone case through Best Buy, should be here tomorrow. I’ve always liked the silicone cases, they’re super light and comfortable to use. I can’t go another week using this heavy duty Spigen case, lol.

Reactions: tandp74

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
it seems like you’ll be able to remove the original one and add one with holes to add a lanyard or strap. probably also to color coordinate with add on lens rim and buttons. that’s my guess. the website shows what looks to me to be the lanyard attachment.

Not sure I'd trust attaching a lanyard or strap to a pop out part. Am interested in the Gen 5 but it'd make it three aramid cases in my collection, need more variation methinks.

The cheap Ultima I got is going straight back, naff. Still waiting for my action buttoned Sheath that was dispatched 8 days ago, the cut out one took 10 days so I'll be patient.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Reading all these post on the forum re Caudabe’s poor customer service I think is unfair.

I reached out to them via X/Twiter and below is the reply I received.

Members need to have a little faith (including me) and as promised they will not let down anyone.

View attachment 2293118
I think people are overreacting as well. It’s a damn phone case people, you’ll get your precious button soon enough. And then it’s time to complain about something else 😂

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
I think people are overreacting as well. It’s a damn phone case people, you’ll get your precious button soon enough. And then it’s time to complain about something else 😂
While I am disappointed with the action button their customer service has been top notch. Even when having to return they were timely and pleasant. Plus they use Happy Returns that is a smooth process.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
I was really torn but got put off the FW. How is it really doing in day to day use? I would still be tempted a little later down the line-I have an Apple Store not far from me, the display FW cases were pretty beat up when I saw them a week or so ago, but I imagine that’s people ‘testing’ them to see how easily they mark. I have a desk job, so my phone sits on my desk most of the day, and is put in my bag to bike home-I can’t see that being a stressful situation for the case TBF. I can get a bit of Ed. discount so it takes the sting out of the cost a little, but my last few experiences with Apple cases wasn’t great and I feel reluctant to go that way again.

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011

The funny part to me is some people ordered the case knowing there is a missing button, then blew up customer service about the missing button once they received it 😂

Reactions: okifeelthat

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
Not sure about the missing action button, but the cut out for the sheath on the 15 pro max is pretty decent in terms of accessibility , For me at least. Would not say its a unfinished “product” still function as good.

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
The funny part to me is some people ordered the case knowing there is a missing button, then blew up customer service about the missing button once they received it 😂
That because Caudabe told everyone to email them after receiving the cutout case to get the code for the free button cover version. 🤷🏼

Reactions: dmccombs

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
That because Caudabe told everyone to email them after receiving the cutout case to get the code for the free button cover version. 🤷🏼

I understand this. What I'm saying is people ordered a phone with a known flaw that everyone knew about from day 1. Caudabe didn't hide it. The photos clearly showed it before anyone ordered. And people are still complaining about the process.

Reactions: okifeelthat

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Yes, I feel that my phone is safer in the Symmetry case. The edges of the Sheath and Synthesis are just thin hard plastic where the Symmetry has thicker soft rubber with ridges all along the inside edges. They are all good cases though.
I’m glad I went ahead and got the Symmetry! Thanks for the recommendation! Only thing I can find wrong with it after using it for a day is that it’s a little slippery. I think i just need to train my brain to grip it hard when I pull it out of my pocket.

I want to love the feel of the aramid fiber cases (Mous and Benks Armor
Pro), but I don’t feel like wiping off my phone case several times a day. In certain angles, those cases that were only used for a few days look like I have had them for a year!

Going to try 2 more cases, which should end my search: Gripmunk and Gripzilla. I can see myself just keeping the Symmetry though.

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
I’m glad I went ahead and got the Symmetry! Thanks for the recommendation! Only thing I can find wrong with it after using it for a day is that it’s a little slippery. I think i just need to train my brain to grip it hard when I pull it out of my pocket.

I want to love the feel of the aramid fiber cases (Mous and Benks Armor
Pro), but I don’t feel like wiping off my phone case several times a day. In certain angles, those cases that were only used for a few days look like I have had them for a year!

Going to try 2 more cases, which should end my search: Gripmunk and Gripzilla. I can see myself just keeping the Symmetry though.

I'm actually returning my Pitaka Pro case due to the finger print issues. I have naturally very dry hands and in the winter I have to use lotion and the case is definitely not designed for hands with lotion. It wasn't an issue until the last week or so when it cooled outside and now the case is terrible to hold. Thought about keeping it and making it a hiking/pool phone case but if lotion is bad, I can't imagine how it'll feel/look with sunscreen and oil on it.

Reactions: Teach8870

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I'm actually returning my Pitaka Pro case due to the finger print issues. I have naturally very dry hands and in the winter I have to use lotion and the case is definitely not designed for hands with lotion. It wasn't an issue until the last week or so when it cooled outside and now the case is terrible to hold. Thought about keeping it and making it a hiking/pool phone case but if lotion is bad, I can't imagine how it'll feel/look with sunscreen and oil on it.
I hear you! I live in TX (going to get up to 90 tomorrow!), and I am prone to getting skin cancer, so I put on a daily moisturizer with SPF. I’m not sure if that’s my issue, but those aramid fiber cases + the way I like my things (clean look) just aren’t a good mix.

I’m simple - I like the clean, somewhat glossy look of the Symmetry. Minimal branding (and it’s black - barely noticeable) …just a clean look with the black case on my black phone.

Dh1

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2023
The Nomad fits really good for anyone wondering. iPhone 15 in Black. Got the Horween case and I’m very happy, feels really good in the hand. Seems a little less chunky and better fit than my 14 Nomad case too but not sure.
Hi looks really good do you use a MagSafe wallet with your case if so which one?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Can’t wait until everyone gets their Gen 5. Still loving this thing and I don’t see any other case that’s going to make me take this off.

Leather Spigen Enzo will be here today.

Also updated Andar Aspen with the action button has been delivered also.

Bet that leather Enzo has nicer packaging than the Aramid Fiber version ;)

Reactions: VaderRulez
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.