Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I would like to see the gray Sheath and blue Synthesis on the black phone. Anyone have these?

Gray Sheath on the black 15 PM, as requested.

f81307af0ee38a33a122e198c30cb239.jpg

80c7e4c96768bcb05555634dc1275075.jpg

0b14ddd0977e6b955c07f48314d3a496.jpg

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
I can’t find the gray sheath and blue titanium combo anywhere if anyone has that combo I’d love to see it. I love my celestial blue on blue titanium but intrigued in mixing it up with gray as well.
Your pic of the Celestial Blue Sheath with Blue Titanium inspired me to not only change my case order, but my phone colour too. Got the Blue Titanium Pro (non-Max), just waiting for my Celestial Blue Sheath to ship to the UK.....

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Got an email from Caudabe CS. Got my delivery estimate i.e Gray Sheath will be shipped next week. They also added few extra goodies free of charge to my order.

My first interaction with them and can’t fault their customer support.

They threw in a couple of their screen protectors with my order.

okifeelthat

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Really wanted the phone rebel Gen 5 but 55g is pretty heavy for me personally. Anyone know if the frosted or clear Gen 5 could potentially be lighter?

Reactions: Cerneka

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
So is there a consensus on what Leather Case . Love the color of the Guava Silicone but like all Apple Silicon cases, one drop and a chunk is missing. That happened for me today

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Any reply back yet? I just received mine and it is about the same as yours.
Nah haven’t heard back. They said 2 business days but it’s past that and still nothing.

Does everyone think it’s meant to be part of the design? I’ve seen numerous YT videos and instagram stories and they all have the same “pattern”

It’s even on their Pitaka Germany instagram account.

@thatappleguytoday - Do you know anyone from their design department that you can ask and confirm?

IMG_1019.png
IMG_1016.png
IMG_0996.jpeg
IMG_0997.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffnotGeoff

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
That’s what people do. I just try to enjoy what I do because I really love cases and give suggestions so we can have better choices out here when it comes to the case game. I’m not for everyone and that’s cool, there’s other who review cases. Salute to you man.
New subscriber here. 🙂

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I wonder on this gray color if that magsafe magnet ring is going to become prominent after longer use with the magsafe charger. I can see it in your photo, but wonder with the lighter color case how it will age.

That’s a good question that I’ve wondered myself. It shows up on the black Sheath too, but it does seem to be able to be wiped off with a microfiber cloth. It also shows up on the black Synthesis, but wipes off even easier because of the harder plastic back on the Synthesis.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I want a case to my 15PM like I have for my Xperia 1V. It doesn't cover the sides entirely and easy to hold.
not for sale yet but here is one.

Reactions: Azzin and Teach8870

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
That’s a good question that I’ve wondered myself. It shows up on the black Sheath too, but it does seem to be able to be wiped off with a microfiber cloth. It also shows up on the black Synthesis, but wipes off even easier because of the harder plastic back on the Synthesis.
Not on my black 14 pro sheath, I use MagSafe charging only even in my car, drove 6 hours the other day and no ring or mark. Apple charger and the brodit magsafe car charger/holder.

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I wonder too that since they added the felt lining if it presses more on the magnets making them protrude ever so slightly. Its def easier to see on this lighter color though.

• Wow
Reactions: Surfsalot

tandp74

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
IL
Nah haven’t heard back. They said 2 business days but it’s past that and still nothing.

Does everyone think it’s meant to be part of the design? I’ve seen numerous YT videos and instagram stories and they all have the same “pattern”

@thatappleguytoday - Do you know anyone from their design department that you can ask and confirm?

View attachment 2293401 View attachment 2293403 View attachment 2293402 View attachment 2293404
It does seem odd that this “defect” would always be in the same spot. The FAQ at the bottom of the star peak page of the Pitaka website says this (in particular, the last few sentences):

Q5. Why does the "StarPeak" phone case have a textured pattern on the back?​

A5: We wanted to provide users with a more three-dimensional tactile experience with the "StarPeak" phone case. To achieve this, we incorporated a technique known as jacquard weaving into the Fusion Weaving process. This technique involves weaving patterns by interlocking warp and weft threads to create a textured and raised design.Jacquard weaving itself has the characteristic of being different on the front and back. The front features a woven pattern texture, while the back consists of interwoven threads. What appears to be a single-layer effect is actually the result of two layers of aramid fibers intertwining. Due to the presence of multiple layers of aramid fiber in certain areas, a textured pattern is formed when the phone case is molded (similar to how patterns in knitted sweaters may appear raised). This is a trace of our craftsmanship, reflecting the weaving process and adding to the handmade charm.The irregular pattern signifies a more complex weaving process, which requires additional manual craftsmanship. If you are concerned about the traces of handwork, think carefully before buying.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL

View attachment 2293401 View attachment 2293403 View attachment 2293402 View attachment 2293404

Yes I can ask, but looking like a design flaw because the other design does not have that issue

• Love
Reactions: Boardiesboi

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
The FAQ at the bottom of the star peak page of the Pitaka website says this (in particular, the last few sentences):
Thanks for posting this. I must admit I didn’t even read the FAQ as it was right at the bottom and hidden with a + tab.

I guess that’s the answer then? They’ll probably tell me to read the FAQ if/when they respond.

Looking at the pattern again, I guess it does make it unique, kinda like fog/cloud amongst the mountain ranges.

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
Has anyone tried any of the Speck Click-Lock cases/accessories? Just wondering how secure they feel. I also want to make sure the Click-Lock wallet won’t demagnetize the strips on my cards when I use it.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Has anyone tried any of the Speck Click-Lock cases/accessories? Just wondering how secure they feel. I also want to make sure the Click-Lock wallet won’t demagnetize the strips on my cards when I use it.
All the hard plastic feels like trash.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Gray Caudabe Sheath arrived today! I love this combo.
Typical Caudabe quality case! Buttons are very clicky, grip on the case is excellent, can’t go wrong with the sheath.

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    397 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0023.jpeg
    IMG_0023.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    493.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0022.jpeg
    IMG_0022.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.