Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Lighter iPhone

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2023
Keep in mind the Rugged is a very very thick case compared to all the other popular mentions here
It only weighs 2 more grams than the spigen enzo and ~5 grams more than both Caudabes. The weight difference between the Pitaka EZ Pro 4 and Caudabe is larger than the difference from the Nomad Rugged.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
The “leather” cases came through today. As someone said, this has got to be tpu. But honestly the fit is decent lol buttons are a little hard but nothing a piece of paper won’t fix. I kinda dig em not gonna lie. Gonna make Apple logo inserts tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_5378.jpeg
    IMG_5378.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5377.jpeg
    IMG_5377.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 105

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
The “leather” cases came through today. As someone said, this has got to be tpu. But honestly the fit is decent lol buttons are a little hard but nothing a piece of paper won’t fix. I kinda dig em not gonna lie. Gonna make Apple logo inserts tonight.
A piece of paper? Please explain

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
How bad are the fingerprints/Magsafe ring on the back of the black rugged?
I find because of the raised lip on the back, my hands are rarely resting on the backplate, but if they do the texture is improved this year and doesn’t show fingerprints as much. So far, no sign of the dreaded MagSafe ring.

My Pitaka Pro, on the other hand, is the opposite end of the spectrum - a world class fingerprint magnet.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
A piece of paper? Please explain
Any case with crap button response I just take a white piece of regular old paper and cut it the shape of the button and stick it in the case on the button then put the phone in. Greatly improves clickiness of just about any case.

Reactions: Zensō

itsmehuey

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2019
Hey guys asking again as I noticed some more folks with the Nomad Rugged - is anyone having issues with the action button? I have the ultra orange for my 15 Pro and the action button on the Rugged feels stuck and makes activating the actual action button too easy (overly sensitive).

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
I’m like 2 seconds away from buying the synthesis and the spigen aramid. Really hoping spigen drops their neo hybrid tho. Which I’m assuming is what they teased a while back. Other than that, I need rebel to drop the accented modules and buttons. Hate dark buttons on this case. I need something that pops lol
They teased it?

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
I’m returning gen5. Great design and fit but don’t like the metal camera protection as that will scratch and it’s just too heavy. Shame.
He’s releasing titanium accessories soon which will be less likely to scratch

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Just saw Tee's review of the Caudabe Sheath and saw that the MagSafe magnets were weaker this year. Could it be due to the microfiber lining?
While I did return the sheath for other reasons, the magnets were very strong. I mounted it in my vehicle for 4+ hours at a time (several times) and it never once even budged. Popsocket MagSafe versions attached strongly too.

Reactions: Infinitewisdom
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.