Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Any case with crap button response I just take a white piece of regular old paper and cut it the shape of the button and stick it in the case on the button then put the phone in. Greatly improves clickiness of just about any case.
Interesting. I’ll have to try that if I have any rubbish buttons! What do you stick it with?

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
For those that prefer minimalist cases like myself, which one do you prefer - Pitaka MagEZ 4 or Benks MagClap ArmorAir? I am a long-time, loyal Pitaka fan. The bottom edge of the Pitaka MagEZ is a little rough is the only negative. I use a PopSocket round, so I don’t have pinky discomfort issues. I am intrigued by the Benks MagClap ArmorAir...

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Yea, my Sheath & Synthesis both have strong magnets.

Mine too. I don’t think Tee was saying that the magnets were weak. He was saying that they were slightly weaker than last year’s. Critical thinking, guys. 🙂 I haven’t felt a difference personally. Works great with my MagSafe stand and most of all my MagSafe car mount.

MarcRRT

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Round Rock
IMG_0345.jpeg

My favorite case so far. Apple silicone in Clay with my titanium blue 15PM.

zekkragnos

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I see a lot of talk about the Pitaka MagEZ Pro 4, but am I the only who prefers the Benks Armor 4 so much more than the Pitaka? I find the Pitaka very uncomfortable with it's shape and corners. It just doesn't feel as good in the hand as the Benks. I think Benks killed it this year.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
IMO, the case does not suck at all. No soft padding on the back of the metal buttons is the only thing that sucks to me.

I'm waiting for him to release other color buttons and camera frames before using the case too much.
Same here. I’m not using it at all until those are released. I just don’t care for the way that metal goes with the black titanium, it doesn’t match at all in my humble opinion. Hopefully it’s not like 35 bucks for a set of buttons and camera ring…. End up costing like 85-90 bucks for the case just to get it to the color it should have been out of the box. I think he was doing the most trying to get cute with that almost copper looking metal… 🤦‍♂️

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
The Gripzilla is growing on me.

I think someone mentioned it is similar to either the Sheath or Synthesis. Which one is closer to it?

Thanks

Washtub7459

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2023
For those that prefer minimalist cases like myself, which one do you prefer - Pitaka MagEZ 4 or Benks MagClap ArmorAir? I am a long-time, loyal Pitaka fan. The bottom edge of the Pitaka MagEZ is a little rough is the only negative. I use a PopSocket round, so I don’t have pinky discomfort issues. I am intrigued by the Benks MagClap ArmorAir...
If you're using PopSocket and plan on continuing to use it just stick with Pitaka. Pitaka is ever so slightly thicker and sturdier. If you hold your phone and balance on your pinki or don't have another way of gripping 100% MagClap. MagClap is basically as comfortable to hold as a naked iPhone and the material offers more grip.

Reactions: walds11

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
If you're using PopSocket and plan on continuing to use it just stick with Pitaka. Pitaka is ever so slightly thicker and sturdier. If you hold your phone and balance on your pinki or don't have another way of gripping 100% MagClap. MagClap is basically as comfortable to hold as a naked iPhone and the material offers more grip.
I plan on using the PopSocket most of the time, but want to run the case without it sometimes. The MagClap seems more refined, which is great. I wish it was available for purchase on Amazon though.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Since I got it a week ago, I haven’t changed cases at all. So beautiful.
Same. I throw on other cases but in a matter of hours (or minutes) I am back in the Pitaka. No issues with the exposed sides, either. Phone looks as good as new. The case is grippy enough that I don't feel as though I will ever drop it from my hands.

silvereddi

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2023
I can only compare it to my other leather white case from Moft and this one feels grippier, buttons are not as clickable but work fine and they are not hard to press. It's also very light, compared to most of the other cases I've tried.
how strong are the magnets?

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
IMO, the case does not suck at all. No soft padding on the back of the metal buttons is the only thing that sucks to me.

I'm waiting for him to release other color buttons and camera frames before using the case too much.

So they plan on releasing both? Are they going to be covered?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.