Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

CPark98

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2016
Found this rather stunning Leather and Aluminum Case from BandWerk out of Germany. It looks stunning, but it's on pre-order right now and ships in about a month and a half. It also costs $130, so it's definitely on the higher end of phone cases in regards to price. Here's some shots I grabbed off their site.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 12.44.13 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 12.43.42 PM.png

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Found this rather stunning Leather and Aluminum Case from BandWerk out of Germany. It looks stunning, but it's on pre-order right now and ships in about a month and a half. It also costs $130, so it's definitely on the higher end of phone cases in regards to price. Here's some shots I grabbed off their site.

View attachment 2297250 View attachment 2297251
That looks thick af. Kinda wish bullstrap would bring out the elite again and not take 200 years to ship it

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023

View attachment 2297250 View attachment 2297251
I've had my eye on that case every since I saw an Instagram ad for it. It's not 'that' much more expensive than a high end leather case.

I'm just concerned about how thick it's going to be. It looks to have a thick TPU bumper and then adding on the aluminum frame could result in a very chunky case.

Shame the waiting is up to 6-8 weeks from the 4-6 it was up until recently. Hopefully some reviews or pictures come out when people start getting them. Maybe come mid-winter or early spring they'll be a stocked item. I'm not willing to risk over $100 on a case I may or may not like with a return shipping cost that will cost as much or more than the case as was case was with Decoded.

Reactions: Teach8870

ryankidd17

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
Those who ordered their button covered Sheath, how long did it take to ship?

I ordered an Amethyst button covered Sheath for my 15 Pro on October 1st. It still hasn’t shipped.
Support hasn’t responded in over a week. I’m wondering if they just forgot about my order.

• Sad
Reactions: dmccombs

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto

I ordered an Amethyst button covered Sheath for my 15 Pro on October 1st. It still hasn’t shipped.
Support hasn’t responded in over a week. I’m wondering if they just forgot about my order.
Depends on the model and color I believe, but I ordered the Gray 15 Pro Max version on Oct 4th and it shipped the next day.

Reactions: ryankidd17

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010

Not just you. Been about 10 days since my email reply to support for sending the wrong case and still no response

• Sad
Reactions: dmccombs

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I got a notification earlier today that my Caudabe Celestial Blue Lucid Clear has shipped. I’m looking forward to getting it. Hopefully I’ll like it and be happy with it. 😃👍

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
No movement for my order either.

They took my O/N yesterday and today on X.

Ive never been this patient for a case in my entire life lol.

Gray Sheath for iPhone 15 Pro seems scarce and popular.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
No movement for my order either.

They took my O/N yesterday and today on X.

Ive never been this patient for a case in my entire life lol.

Gray Sheath for iPhone 15 Pro seems scarce and popular.
Has the thing not even shipped yet?

Mr Knight

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2021
As someone who’s been fortunate to snag a black Pro Max 2 days after release just by walking into the local Apple Store & asking, I’ve had a fair share of cases attached to it and have some thoughts.

Apple silicone case - this has been my daily since buying the phone, it has lost that weird sticky texture which attracted lint like a crackhead to an unlocked car and is now nice and grippy without being sticky. The case has shown minimal wear and only complaint is the small cable port cutout which struggles to accommodate chunkier cables but fits everything else 80% of the time. Highly recommend.

Apple Finewoven - I hate to be a sheep but can only agree with the crowd that this case is trash. I bought it with the phone and didn’t even last 24 hours. I bought the phone opening time in the morning, and was back swapping Finewoven for the silicone that very same day. I get a case is designed to take abuse so your phone doesn’t but you want a case to fit properly and I found this case seemed to creak around my phone and felt like it was moving around. Final nail was noticing the cutouts were way off and the worst I’ve ever seen with one screw by the cable port fully visible and the other covered. Nope.

Spigen Zero One - looks amazing, fits great but they missed a detail where the MagSafe ring inside the case protrudes and rubs the back of the phone, this will definitely mark the phone over time and something annoys me about the idea of a protective accessory causing damage.

Spigen Ultra Hybrid - probably the best clear case you can get. Fits perfectly, you get a choice of MagSafe ring colours and the magnets are sandwiched inside the back of the case so not the same issue as the Zero One. Massive cable port and buttons are clicky. If you want a clear case, buy this one.

Spigen Mag Armour - amazing low profile case but offers not much protection, this is definitely a case to prevent scratches and not much else. If you’re just looking for something that you barely notice then this one is yours. If my phone wasn’t this expensive, I’d have this case.

Spigen Enzo Aramid - probably my favourite from Spigen but does have one flaw. Awesome fit, quality metal buttons and a nice big charge port. The complaint? This thing is slippy, like it offers next to no grip in your hand which means you’re a little nervous texting one-handed and I can see this easily getting dropped due to slipping out of my girly smooth hands.

ESR clear case - I wanted this to be good as I love ESR products, but this does wrong what the Spigen Ultra Hybrid does right. Small cable port, protruding MagSafe magnet (like the Spigen Z1) and doesn’t feel as sturdy or protective as the Spigen which I’m stunned about, normally ESR are beefier.

OtterBox Symmetry - an ok silicone case, but nothing better than the Apple one besides being £15 cheaper. Offers slightly better shock absorption I’ll admit but that’s it. If you own the Apple silicone case then don’t bother switching, it also has a small cable port which to me is a nuisance.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA

StrangeMrE

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2015
NOMAD Modern Horween Leather Case

Always rocked the Apple Leather case and would still have preferred that but that’s what brought me here.

I had the Apple clear case to start with but have to say it is without doubt the worst case I have ever had! Better off trying to hold onto a bar of soap. Buttons are also terrible to use, especially the action button. The lack of protection at he bottom is also asking for damage to happen on the phone.

Today my NOMAD Modern Horween leather case arrived and I love it. Build quality and fit are excellent. The buttons are great to use, especially without having to look at them. Easy to identify and have a satisfying click.

Wasn’t sure I would like the bottom of the phone with the lanyard loops. It adds a slight bit of length that has the added benefit of some extra drop protection (If it lands on the bottom edge/corners that is).

MagSafe holds very well on my Belkin charging stand. Don’t have any MagSafe accessories to check with them though.

The black surround feels smooth but the concave shape on the side makes it very easy to hold onto.

I have also ordered the Technically Red ANDAR ASPEN. If my Nomad case had arrived before ordering the ANDAR I prob would not have as the NOMAD case is great.

IMG_4210.jpeg
IMG_4209.jpeg
IMG_4211.jpeg
IMG_4212.jpeg
IMG_4214.jpeg

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
just picked up my natural 15 pro this morning and i dont really like the enzo and natural combo haha the shade of the aluminum e Ti is very different...i think the white ti is more versatile with cases...still love the natural color tho 😁 unfortunately had to return the phone because of dusts in the cameras :(

Blue Ti

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
I have been using the official Apple silicone case since iPhone 6. First time buying a knockoff.
It really feels pretty much the same as the genuine one when it’s new.
But it is a bit thicker (better protection I guess).
The only complaint is the Apple logo is quite small compare to the real one.
See the side to side comparison with 14 Pro Iris Silicone Case.

Do you have a link to the knockoff? Currently using a Spigen Ultra Hybrid but looking for a silicon case-- the smaller logo looks nice!

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
As someone who’s been fortunate to snag a black Pro Max 2 days after release just by walking into the local Apple Store & asking, I’ve had a fair share of cases attached to it and have some thoughts.

Apple silicone case - this has been my daily since buying the phone, it has lost that weird sticky texture which attracted lint like a crackhead to an unlocked car and is now nice and grippy without being sticky. The case has shown minimal wear and only complaint is the small cable port cutout which struggles to accommodate chunkier cables but fits everything else 80% of the time. Highly recommend.

Apple Finewoven - I hate to be a sheep but can only agree with the crowd that this case is trash. I bought it with the phone and didn’t even last 24 hours. I bought the phone opening time in the morning, and was back swapping Finewoven for the silicone that very same day. I get a case is designed to take abuse so your phone doesn’t but you want a case to fit properly and I found this case seemed to creak around my phone and felt like it was moving around. Final nail was noticing the cutouts were way off and the worst I’ve ever seen with one screw by the cable port fully visible and the other covered. Nope.

Spigen Zero One - looks amazing, fits great but they missed a detail where the MagSafe ring inside the case protrudes and rubs the back of the phone, this will definitely mark the phone over time and something annoys me about the idea of a protective accessory causing damage.

Spigen Ultra Hybrid - probably the best clear case you can get. Fits perfectly, you get a choice of MagSafe ring colours and the magnets are sandwiched inside the back of the case so not the same issue as the Zero One. Massive cable port and buttons are clicky. If you want a clear case, buy this one.

Spigen Mag Armour - amazing low profile case but offers not much protection, this is definitely a case to prevent scratches and not much else. If you’re just looking for something that you barely notice then this one is yours. If my phone wasn’t this expensive, I’d have this case.

Spigen Enzo Aramid - probably my favourite from Spigen but does have one flaw. Awesome fit, quality metal buttons and a nice big charge port. The complaint? This thing is slippy, like it offers next to no grip in your hand which means you’re a little nervous texting one-handed and I can see this easily getting dropped due to slipping out of my girly smooth hands.

ESR clear case - I wanted this to be good as I love ESR products, but this does wrong what the Spigen Ultra Hybrid does right. Small cable port, protruding MagSafe magnet (like the Spigen Z1) and doesn’t feel as sturdy or protective as the Spigen which I’m stunned about, normally ESR are beefier.

OtterBox Symmetry - an ok silicone case, but nothing better than the Apple one besides being £15 cheaper. Offers slightly better shock absorption I’ll admit but that’s it. If you own the Apple silicone case then don’t bother switching, it also has a small cable port which to me is a nuisance.
Sucks about the Enzo being slick. Just when I was thinking about getting one.

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
I've been using the Ringke Onyx with MagSafe case for a day on my 15PM. Has a very nice in hand feel, better than the Sheath IMO. Buttons are great too. The sides of my unit aren't too flexible and I haven't had an issue where debris was getting inside the case. Only complaint is that they only have this case available in black.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I've been using the Ringke Onyx with MagSafe case for a day on my 15PM. Has a very nice in hand feel, better than the Sheath IMO. Buttons are great too. The sides of my unit aren't too flexible and I haven't had an issue where debris was getting inside the case. Only complaint is that they only have this case available in black.

Nice. I have been using the one without Magsafe for two weeks now. No big complaints. I like the grip and the thinness of it.

Reactions: twx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.