Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

masterxchief

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2013
California
I've been using the Ringke Onyx with MagSafe case for a day on my 15PM. Has a very nice in hand feel, better than the Sheath IMO. Buttons are great too. The sides of my unit aren't too flexible and I haven't had an issue where debris was getting inside the case. Only complaint is that they only have this case available in black.
I keep coming back to this case as well. Its lighter than the Sheath and the crescent shape on the front makes it feel thinner than it actually is.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I've been using the Ringke Onyx with MagSafe case for a day on my 15PM. Has a very nice in hand feel, better than the Sheath IMO. Buttons are great too. The sides of my unit aren't too flexible and I haven't had an issue where debris was getting inside the case. Only complaint is that they only have this case available in black.
Looks like Amazon has it in dark green as well.

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
The “leather” cases came through today. As someone said, this has got to be tpu. But honestly the fit is decent lol buttons are a little hard but nothing a piece of paper won’t fix. I kinda dig em not gonna lie. Gonna make Apple logo inserts tonight.
Okay that purple is nice!! Link?

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
So, I got my action button cover version of the Celestial Blue Sheath.

Was on my phone for a hour and didn’t like it. Caudabe has been disappointing this year.

So, if anyone wants a deal on 2 Sheath’s (button and cutout) for the Pro Max, message me.
What don't you like about the case may I ask?

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
it seems like it’s a bang on Tee’s videos again.
You always in here with this. You have an opinion on cases. What’s it matter that people have opinions on your videos? Nobody is “banging on your videos or hating on you”. We’re in a discussion forum and you tout your videos here. We discuss them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
How can someone’s opinion be lack luster? It’s an opinion and you don’t have to like what I like. Someone finds my videos useful and that’s who I do it for.
Because every case company that seems to sponsor your videos has finally hit it out the park with every iteration of the newest case they’ve sent you.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
You always in here with this. You have an opinion on cases. What’s it matter that people have opinions on your videos? Nobody is “banging on your videos or hating on you”. We’re in a discussion forum and you tout your videos here. We discuss them. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don’t tout my videos at all here. I don’t even post my videos on here, usually other people do that. I don’t like to promote my videos at all and if you find them you find them. I’m not saying everyone is hating but my name is brought up about me as a creator more than a little. I can take constructive criticism very well and accept it very will but if someone doesn’t like what I do or say on my videos, go watch someone else respectfully.

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
This all the way.

I've got:
Caudabe Synthesis
Benks Amour Air MagClap
FloLab Leather
Speck Candyshell
Ringke Onyx MagSafe

I've tried and returned:
Apple Finewoven
Gripmunk
Pitaka MagEz

I always end up back with the Ringke right now.

I've got the dbrand ghost and rebel gen 5 on on order so we'll see.
How is the FloLab leather?

Also, close to ordering an Onyx. How do you find the sides and fit of the case?

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
Got my replica apple "leather" case in taupe today. The packaging looks OEM! Case itself is pretty good, fitment is great, cutouts great, smells like the iPhone 12 apple leather cases did. Has the magsafe animation. The drawback to this case is that the magnets are weaker than some of my other cases, but for $7 shipped I cant complain.

Digital scale/caliper measurements: Weight 32g, 11.7 mm thick, 75mm wide, 150.4mm long.

View attachment 2297385 View attachment 2297383 View attachment 2297384 View attachment 2297386 View attachment 2297387
Link please? I need this! I loved the look of the taupe and natural titanium, but I couldn’t stand the feel of the fine woven material.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
NOMAD Modern Horween Leather Case

Always rocked the Apple Leather case and would still have preferred that but that’s what brought me here.

I had the Apple clear case to start with but have to say it is without doubt the worst case I have ever had! Better off trying to hold onto a bar of soap. Buttons are also terrible to use, especially the action button. The lack of protection at he bottom is also asking for damage to happen on the phone.

Today my NOMAD Modern Horween leather case arrived and I love it. Build quality and fit are excellent. The buttons are great to use, especially without having to look at them. Easy to identify and have a satisfying click.

Wasn’t sure I would like the bottom of the phone with the lanyard loops. It adds a slight bit of length that has the added benefit of some extra drop protection (If it lands on the bottom edge/corners that is).

MagSafe holds very well on my Belkin charging stand. Don’t have any MagSafe accessories to check with them though.

The black surround feels smooth but the concave shape on the side makes it very easy to hold onto.

I have also ordered the Technically Red ANDAR ASPEN. If my Nomad case had arrived before ordering the ANDAR I prob would not have as the NOMAD case is great.

View attachment 2297324 View attachment 2297323 View attachment 2297322 View attachment 2297321 View attachment 2297320
That colour ages and patina's so good, get's heaps darker, Mrs has the 12 max folio 2 years old. I always get black but have envy when I see her's lol.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Because every case company that seems to sponsor your videos has finally hit it out the park with every iteration of the newest case they’ve sent you.
Who all sponsors my videos? What have I said differently that I’ve never said before bout Caudabe? It’s no getting through some people when it comes to the sponsored thing. 1000% clueless.

Since you know so much about the way I do things and my content and sponsored videos. You would know that I told one of my sponsors it’s hard to recommend their cases since it has a cutout and not an action button and I haven’t be recommending any other cases with cutout and it’s not going to change for a sponsor, so that means I’m missing out on a ton of money.

But I’m selling out to the brands right?

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Who all sponsors my videos? What have I said differently that I’ve never said before bout Caudabe? It’s no getting through some people when it comes to the sponsored thing. 1000% clueless.

Since you know so much about the way I do things and my content and sponsored videos. You would know that I told one of my sponsors it’s hard to recommend their cases since it has a cutout and not an action button and I haven’t be recommending any other cases with cutout and it’s not going to change for a sponsor, so that means I’m missing out on a ton of money.

But I’m selling out to the brands right?
Castify is your number one sponsor from what I’ve gathered via your praise on your videos. Can’t knock them right? You’ll lose out on that overpriced brand that sponsors every YouTube case reviewer to make sure they can pander them $94 cases.

Reactions: Djones96

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
How can someone’s opinion be lack luster? It’s an opinion and you don’t have to like what I like. Someone finds my videos useful and that’s who I do it for.
I just fast forward to the magsafe strength :) Is the back of the synth same as the sheath?
Guess they have that ugly camera inset so looks different than the sheath.

Reactions: UnjustifiedBot

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Castify is your number one sponsor from what I’ve gathered via your praise on your videos. Can’t knock them right? You’ll lose out on that overpriced brand that sponsors every YouTube case reviewer to make sure they can pander them $94 cases.
Yeah you have a personal beef for whatever reason but it’s cool. One thing about YouTube is not everyone’s going to like you. Once you start a channel, let me know your link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.