Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Yeah you have a personal beef for whatever reason but it’s cool. One thing about YouTube is not everyone’s going to like you. Once start a channel, let me know your link.
Nah, you’re thinking with your heart and not your brain. Nobody has a “beef” with you.

Also, I have no plans to start a YouTube channel for cases. Or any line of product for that matter. I’d rather waste my time bickering back and forth with lack luster opinions. But, if I really wanted to, I could. But, I have no plans on doing that. Because I don’t care to share everything I think about a case.

Reactions: Djones96

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I got my AliExpress Guava Apple silicone case in the mail today. It has the MagSafe animation when you put it on. The seams are kind of noticeable on the top of the case though. But overall, it’s a dang good dupe if you ask me! Here’s the link to this particular one:

Original Liquid Silica Gel For iPhone 15 Pro Max Plus Case For Magsafing Wireless Charging Drop Protect Covers With Box Shell

IMG_0156.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0161.jpeg
IMG_0162.jpeg
IMG_0200.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    678.8 KB · Views: 49

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Nah, you’re thinking with your heart and not your brain. Nobody has a “beef” with you.

Also, I have no plans to start a YouTube channel for cases. Or any line of product for that matter. I’d rather waste my time bickering back and forth with lack luster opinions. But, if I really wanted to, I could. But, I have no plans on doing that. Because I don’t care to share everything I think about a case.
In all honesty this really doesn’t both me to the slightest when it comes to comments about me, I get much worst in my blocked comment section. It’s just funny how I’m minding my business, trying to make good content for the people who appreciate it and truly enjoying the accessory niche because I can guarantee you, most people who do this does it for the easy clicks and views rather than really enjoying acessories. Then having people spew negativity just because when it wasn’t even warranted or on topic.

Thanks for the discussion, I’ll get back to the people who appreciate it.

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
In all honesty this really doesn’t both me to the slightest when it comes to comments about me, I get much worst in my blocked comment section. It’s just funny how I’m minding my business, trying to make good content for the people who appreciate it and truly enjoying the accessory niche because I can guarantee you, most people who do this does it for the easy clicks and views rather than really enjoying acessories. Then having people spew negativity just because when it wasn’t even warranted or on topic.

Thanks for the discussion, I’ll get back to the people who appreciate it.
Must bother you enough to keep going. Do you….. You started this discussion with me. I replied to another user, you jumped in the conversation. That’s on you. 🤷🏻‍♂️

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Well I have asked you a case question in here twice now with no response, but you are here arguing back and forwards with someone about nothing lol
Sorry I was dealing with a bot.

The material on the Sheath and Synthesis is different on the back. The materials are different period since the Sheath is the one piece flexible material and the Synthesis is a rigid dual molding design. That’s why the magnet acts stronger on the synthesis.

Reactions: Surfsalot

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
How is the FloLab leather?

Also, close to ordering an Onyx. How do you find the sides and fit of the case?
The flolab leather is a bit of a tight fit, similar in quality/thickness to the apple leather, but I wish it was just a tad better fitting.

The onyx is great, I don’t find the sides to be an issue at all. If you have a glass screen protector it’s nearly flush with the sides. The sides raise a bit toward the top and bottom of the phone for screen protection. Grip is good, very thin feeling and great MagSafe strength.

Reactions: maverick22

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Found this rather stunning Leather and Aluminum Case from BandWerk out of Germany. It looks stunning, but it's on pre-order right now and ships in about a month and a half. It also costs $130, so it's definitely on the higher end of phone cases in regards to price. Here's some shots I grabbed off their site.
Mannnn curiosity got the best of me.

Attachments

• IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 124

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I just browse the forum and I don’t even say much. I’m still going to help the folks who rock with me or want to see a certain case. Others I’m not losing sleep over, trust me.
Hows that Mulberry holding up?

You promised a follow up video in your video.

🙄

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Got my replica apple "leather" case in taupe today. The packaging looks OEM! Case itself is pretty good, fitment is great, cutouts great, smells like the iPhone 12 apple leather cases did. Has the magsafe animation. The drawback to this case is that the magnets are weaker than some of my other cases, but for $7 shipped I cant complain.

Digital scale/caliper measurements: Weight 32g, 11.7 mm thick, 75mm wide, 150.4mm long.

View attachment 2297385 View attachment 2297383 View attachment 2297384 View attachment 2297386 View attachment 2297387
Like this. My blue one is arriving tomorrow!

Mr Knight

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2021
Sucks about the Enzo being slick. Just when I was thinking about getting one.
It’s not a deal breaker and I’m yet to return the ‘bad’ cases (I just ordered a load from Amazon). It’s the most premium feeling of the lot which is to be expected and ticks a lot of my boxes (perfect fit, soft lining, protected buttons).

Some cases are definitely going back (ESR. Spigen Z1, Mag Armour) but I’m having inner conflicts on sending back the Enzo and the Hybrid. The Enzo is slippy and the Hybrid is bound to yellow at some point.

Reactions: VaderRulez

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Link please? I need this! I loved the look of the taupe and natural titanium, but I couldn’t stand the feel of the fine woven material.

The listing was removed already, but all of them on aliexpress should be pretty much the same thing. Just search iphone 15 leather magsafe case animation. Here is one but it seems they all doubled in price

Reactions: VaderRulez

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
My clay Apple silicone case arrived, and man, I like this thing waaaay more than I thought I would.

Super light, thinner than the Sheath, feels great in hand, looks amazing with the natural titanium, and the buttons are flawless. They feel as good as the buttons on the phone itself.

I was planning on returning it but now I think it’s a keeper.

It’s my first Apple silicone case so time will tell how it holds up. Think I’ll be rotating between this, the Sheath, and the Synthesis. No more cases for me, I’ve spent too much already.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I’ll be cancelling my tomorrow. I’ve messaged their support on X requesting how to go about cancelling my order.
I wil be cancelling my 15 Pro Blue Sheath tomorrow as well if I don't have a shipping notice in my email. It took me over a week to get the Button Version code from Caudabe. I order the case right away on the 3rd. At that time the website said it would shiop by 10/11. That didn't happen (of course). So I emailed in and the said it would take another 5-7 days. Tomorrow is 7 days. Ship of get off the pot. LOL

I know the cases are very good, and Caudabe will eventually get me a case, but we are already looking at over a month of this crap if they ship tomorrow. Ive had enough of the slow email responses and shipping delays. I've had Mortgages close in less than a month. This is just a phone case...

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I now have a Hooterbox case. Black Synthesis with orange buttons. $55 for both cases so it wasn’t so bad.

Love the look, feel, and buttons.

Don’t love how easily it pops out of the case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.