Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
The Apple logo doesn’t look as defined as it should be. I’m guessing that’s because you sprayed the case with the water repellent and the Apple logo lost its definition from the fabric changing a bit?
Just good old ipad camera.

IMG_0297.jpeg

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
They were a little slow to come back to me with a query initially; i'm talking 2/3 days but once engaged they were responsive and helpful
Annoyingly, they’ve just sent an email and refunded one of my two cases. More annoying, is that I can still go on the website, add the cancelled case to my cart, and checkout. And actually, more annoying than that is that out of the two cases, the one they cancelled was the one I wanted the most. And actually, even more more more annoying is that if I wanted to re-order, it’ll cost me another £14 postage.

1st world problems eh?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
It seems some aramid cases simply have a thin layer of the material glued onto a base of TPU or similar (essentially a sticker). Which cases are actually constructed of aramid? Pitaka? Benks? Are there others?

illmatic41

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2012
It seems many aramid cases simply have a thin layer of the material glued onto a base of TPU or similar (essentially a sticker). Which cases are actually constructed of aramid? Pitaka? Benks? Are there others?
Like you said, Pitaka, Benks, and I'll add the Spigen Enzo Aramid. I actually like that Benks got the Dupont Kevlar branded aramid and has no lining to prove it's full back aramid. Always liked the Pitaka wrap around on the Pro model also. The Mous and PhoneRebel are aramid stickers...but at least they are not pulling that 3M DI-NOC fake carbon fiber vinyl stuff.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Annoyingly, they’ve just sent an email and refunded one of my two cases. More annoying, is that I can still go on the website, add the cancelled case to my cart, and checkout. And actually, more annoying than that is that out of the two cases, the one they cancelled was the one I wanted the most. And actually, even more more more annoying is that if I wanted to re-order, it’ll cost me another £14 postage.

1st world problems eh?

Out of interest, what done do you want and for which model? I've just put one up on eBay

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Out of interest, what done do you want and for which model? I've just put one up on eBay
I ordered the black leather and the bright orange silicone, the orange has been cancelled: however, I'm tempted to cancel the whole order as I only justified the P&P because I was buying two cases. (15 Pro Max).

Last edited:

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Caudabe Sheath - fingers crossed will get my dispatch notification today. Liz promised me and also applied 15% refund on my order.

I can’t fault their CS i.e when they get it right. For future launches they need to put things in place before hand.

Hopefully ill get my case next week sometime.

Edit: Got my tracking 😁

Last edited:

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I ordered the black leather and the bright orange silicone, the orange has been cancelled: however, I'm tempted to cancel the whole order as I only justified the P&P because I was buying two cases. (15 Pro Max).
Ahhh fair enough.

I think I remember you posting about them actually.

I'm selling a Navy leather for the 15 pro

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
Anyone here got any recent experience with Decoded? I’m finding them quite frustrating to deal with. Zero order updates 9 days on, zero response from Cust. Service. I have reached out on Insta, but no response, their Twitter acc. is largely inactive with no option for DM’s. I can’t contact over Facebook as I don’t have an account. I get they’re probably really busy, but their cases need to be on-point because they’re going to need to make up for their crappy customer service and contact. If the cases were pre-order I’d get it, but they weren’t. Very frustrating.
I had a similar experience with them. I preordered their clear case mid-September when the 15 was announced. My order was still listed as unfulfilled more than week into October when the case was now listed in stock and shipping. I contacted them through the website and to their credit they got back to me within 24 hours. They apologized that my order got lost in the system and they'd ship it out asap. A week later my order was still listed as unfulfilled so I contacted them again and received no response. A week after that still nothing so I sent an email direct to customer support but never heard back. Some of this is probably because they're so busy but it was still a little frustrating.

Last Friday the case was delivered. They never sent me a tracking number and my order is still listed as unfulfilled. I actually do not like the case at all. It was in instant 'nope' for a number of reasons. I'd like to return it but shipping it back to the the Netherlands from the US will cost at a minimum more than the case cost itself. So I'm stuck with it and out $40.

I've owned a couple of Decoded's leather cases before and liked them. Albeit the quality varied greatly from case to case and color to color. However, after this experience I don't think I'll buying from them direct again or any other case manufacturer in Europe. In the event I don't like the case the return cost is too much to risk it.

Last edited:

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Are you still using your decoded leather case?
I was, yeah but awaiting delivery of a YMW nappa case in grey which will hopefully be here by the end of the week.

I got a Ringke fusion matte at the weekend and had been running that as I love the almost naked look. I got a fake Apple pleather case today from Ali Express which I posted earlier on and I'm going to use this until the Nappa lands.

Given the Decoded will likely (hopefully) be redundant when the Nappa lands, I've decided to sell it on

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
I was, yeah but awaiting delivery of a YMW nappa case in grey which will hopefully be here by the end of the week.

I got a Ringke fusion matte at the weekend and had been running that as I love the almost naked look. I got a fake Apple pleather case today from Ali Express which I posted earlier on and I'm going to use this until the Nappa lands.

Given the Decoded will likely (hopefully) be redundant when the Nappa lands, I've decided to sell it on
Oh ok i see a lot of people are either selling their decoded cases or returning now. I guess the quality of the case was not on par with Apple?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Oh ok i see a lot of people are either selling their decoded cases or returning now. I guess the quality of the case was not on par with Apple?
The quality is definitely there, it's a really good case. I am desperate for a grey leather to pair with my NT pro.

I'm someone who sees no need to have a £50 case sitting in a drawer. I'd rather sell it for £25-30 and use the money to pay towards the next case

Reactions: gagee

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
The quality is definitely there, it's a really good case. I am desperate for a grey leather to pair with my NT pro.

I'm someone who sees no need to have a £50 case sitting in a drawer. I'd rather sell it for £25-30 and use the money to pay towards the next case
Oh ok good to know.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Reached out to PR about availability of swappable parts for the Gen 5 since I don’t care for the match to my black titanium… they sent me this, saying hopefully available early November…not sure if anyone shared this info here, so just in case here it is. Have a great day everyone.

Just need those jet black ones and I’ll be Golden Grahams.

Attachments

• IMG_0531.jpeg
    IMG_0531.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 103
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.