Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Dude, I need those.

Is there any lining on the backs of the buttons?

Reached out to PR about availability of swappable parts for the Gen 5 since I don’t care for the match to my black titanium… they sent me this, saying hopefully available early November…not sure if anyone shared this info here, so just in case here it is. Have a great day everyone.

Just need those jet black ones and I’ll be Golden Grahams.
I need the kickstand camera in silver, buttons in silver, and the action button in orange lol

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Alcantara? Is there a brand that makes these? I’m intrigued!!
A few options:

EDIT: Probably won't hold up the best though unless you commit to really taking care of it.

salafman

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2022
Westerville, OH
Out of interest, have you tried one? I got my Synthesis with action button cover last week, have been using it ever since and the action button in particular is still absolutely terrible!! I totally get what you're saying about the difference to a standalone button, but I've tried a lot of them and this is really not a good one. Did they tell you if there as any chance they might revise it? I love the case otherwise.

I'm shortly going to take mine off, been almost a week now and my action button's still awful. I'll be interested to know if you persist how it gets on.
Mine has the same issue. I emailed them about the button issue on the revised synthesis. The first one with the cut out didn’t have any problems with the buttons. I’m positive this is a defect.

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
A few options:

EDIT: Probably won't hold up the best though unless you commit to really taking care of it.
The pink just looks damn cute. I miss the rose gold iphone if you couldn't tell. Plus pulling up in a black beam with a pink little phone and a mustache honestly just sounds bad ass. 💀

Reactions: thekidat

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Out of interest, have you tried one? I got my Synthesis with action button cover last week, have been using it ever since and the action button in particular is still absolutely terrible!! I totally get what you're saying about the difference to a standalone button, but I've tried a lot of them and this is really not a good one. Did they tell you if there as any chance they might revise it? I love the case otherwise.

I'm shortly going to take mine off, been almost a week now and my action button's still awful. I'll be interested to know if you persist how it gets on.
image000000.jpeg
Yeah it’s the case I’m using now. The power button works great but the volume up and down could use some help. Seeing if it does break in over time.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Is it just me or does anyone else think the camera cutout on the Synthesis looks sweet this year? I like it a lot more than last years.

Reactions: AE14

techishi

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
US
My gray sheath with button cover finally arrived today. Ordered on October 1st when they first became available, but was worth the wait. Getting the case made me remember why I've solely used Caudabe the past 4 years. Some notes:
  • Texture is unique and grippy as usual.
  • Magnet is not as strong as the Spigen Ultra Hybrid I was using previously. To be fair, I thought that magnet was almost too strong on that case. However, I think the magnet is a bit less powerful than last years sheath due to the microfiber lining like others have said. Personally I think the tradeoff is worth it.
  • Buttons are great on my case. Power button has audible click and pleasant tactile feel. While the volume buttons and action button aren't really audible but they all provide the same amount of tactile feedback.
  • I really can't notice any sort of magsafe ring others mentioned.
  • Looks great with natural titanium.

Reactions: Jimmyone and MM301

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Yeah, I'm going to give it some time. It was my complimentary case anyway.
Buttons absolutely break in over time - not as great as what you get on let’s say the fine woven case but it’s better than when it’s first out of the box. Took about a week for mine to loosen up.

One weird thing I need to test is temperature - to the touch after a while of use the sheath feels warmer than some of the other cases I have tested. Not a scientific experiment just everyday use and a general feel. I’d be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed this?

Reactions: Jimmyone

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Mine has the same issue. I emailed them about the button issue on the revised synthesis. The first one with the cut out didn’t have any problems with the buttons. I’m positive this is a defect.

Yeah I’ve emailed too but no reply since about last Thursday

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Regarding the breaking in of Caudabe case buttons, try removing and working the buttons back and forth a little further than they'd go in use.

Worked for me in the past.

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
So, apparently I've been living under a rock. I realized case companies (Totallee, Bare, Peel, Torras, Pitaka, Elago, + many more) buy $1-$10 cases from China and basically slap their logo/name on cases and sell them for a ridiculous amount of money. I ordered this MagSafe carbon fiber case from AliExpress for $10 and the quality and feel matches Pitaka's. They have lots of fun/interesting designs. Even the same exact ones Pitaka sell. Went on Amazon and 90% of cases sold there are the same ones that go for $1-$5. Only at a 1500% markup. Needless to say, I'll only be purchasing cases from AliExpress moving forward. View attachment 2296008
sorry for the late reply, this actually looks great! what is the link for this, I'm unable to find a blue carbon fiber case that looks so close to pitaka as yours. Thanks!

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Oh, I thought they sent you those.
No no, I should have been more clear. They sent me a picture of them.. lol they wouldn’t spare a set to keep a customer from returning tho. I don’t even want to use the case with that color metal so I told them if they can’t help me out with at least a black camera ring then I’m going to have to return it and maybe buy again later.

Also, Casetify is a nightmare to do returns with. They message me on IG then I respond right away and they take 24 hours to respond. I told them I’d prefer email so we can communicate in more than just a sentence at a time but they insist on IG messages. I paid to ship the ultra bounce back, and it landed at their headquarters on Monday and they still haven’t issued a refund.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
I had a similar experience with them. I preordered their clear case mid-September when the 15 was announced. My order was still listed as unfulfilled more than week into October when the case was now listed in stock and shipping. I contacted them through the website and to their credit they got back to me within 24 hours. They apologized that my order got lost in the system and they'd ship it out asap. A week later my order was still listed as unfulfilled so I contacted them again and received no response. A week after that still nothing so I sent an email direct to customer support but never heard back. Some of this is probably because they're so busy but it was still a little frustrating.

Last Friday the case was delivered. They never sent me a tracking number and my order is still listed as unfulfilled. I actually do not like the case at all. It was in instant 'nope' for a number of reasons. I'd like to return it but shipping it back to the the Netherlands from the US will cost at a minimum more than the case cost itself. So I'm stuck with it and out $40.

I've owned a couple of Decoded's leather cases before and liked them. Albeit the quality varied greatly from case to case and color to color. However, after this experience I don't think I'll buying from them direct again or any other case manufacturer in Europe. In the event I don't like the case the return cost is too much to risk it.
I won’t be buying from them again. If they find a way to resolve the removed case then I might give them a shout in the future, but this has put me right off.

Interestingly, I went back in the site to see if I could still order my refunded case, and you can. About an hour later, I got an email from them ‘We’ve saved your cart so click this link to checkout’. So that’s what I did, and I can still order the case. Don’t get it. Really annoying.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Reactions: HeyMazza

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
I won’t be buying from them again. If they find a way to resolve the removed case then I might give them a shout in the future, but this has put me right off.

Interestingly, I went back in the site to see if I could still order my refunded case, and you can. About an hour later, I got an email from them ‘We’ve saved your cart so click this link to checkout’. So that’s what I did, and I can still order the case. Don’t get it. Really annoying.
As poor as my most recent experience with their customer service has been my Dad had a better one. He ordered a case for this 12 Pro and the sent him a 12 Mini case. They told him to just keep the case and they'd either send him the right one or refund him. He chose the refund and bought something else.

I'd hope that we're just the outliers and the majority of people have a better experience. They may be very busy right now and possibly short staffed. I've spent my time in customer service to know that sometimes orders or tickets just get missed. **** happens but it also sucks to be on the receiving end of those situations.

Reactions: Mr.C
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.