Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I suspect I might be poking a hornet’s nest here, but does anyone have a problem with supporting these counterfeiters? Being a person who has had intellectual property stolen a few times, perhaps I’m overly sensitive to the issue. To be clear, I’m not directing this at jldesutter83 specifically, their post just piqued my curiosity about the general consensus here.
Normally I don’t use like to use the China apps. But I really was hoping for the leather cases this year so that’s why I ordered one.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Nothing too special, but my black caudabe sheath came in today! Love this case, perfect fit, grip is great in my opinion. My gray synthesis says it’ll be here on Friday, will see if that holds true, but can’t wait!

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    475.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    439.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0030.jpeg
    IMG_0030.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    729.5 KB · Views: 147

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Nothing too special, but my black caudabe sheath came in today! Love this case, perfect fit, grip is great in my opinion. My gray synthesis says it’ll be here on Friday, will see if that holds true, but can’t wait!
Nice! How are the buttons?

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I think they feel good! I have the gray sheath, the blue synthesis with the action button cutout, and now the black sheath, and the buttons on all of them have felt great. No complaints 👏🏻

Reactions: Zensō

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I appreciate your info on the rebel gen 5. I received it earlier and I must say, the case is actually really good. The fit is phenomenal, the grip on it is very good (sides and back), the buttons are great, the cutouts aren’t any bigger than needed, MagSafe is very strong and the Flo Lab 3d protector fits perfectly with it. Like literally, no gap at all on the edges between case and screen.

It’s a little heavy coming from the Ringke onyx but that’s to be expected.

Thanks again. 👍🏼
You again? Just kidding.

My Rebel arrived today and for a sub $50 it’s really nice. Grip and cutouts are great.

3D Flolab also works perfectly with the case. 15 Pro for mine

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Can anyone that has the peak design case yet confirm if the fit is nice and tight around the edges ?

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019

The black sheath is always so clean! Currently rocking it as well. My other ones action button cover gray, celestial blue and amethyst arrive tomorrow

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
The black sheath is always so clean! Currently rocking it as well. My other ones action button cover gray, celestial blue and amethyst arrive tomorrow
I agree! Can’t go wrong with black. I’m liking how well the white color of my phone works with the black sheath! Not sure if I like it more than the gray sheath I have, but I’ll definitely rock the black case on and off after my gray synthesis arrives 💪🏻

Reactions: JBlass421

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
I prefer the smooth back on my mous carbon than the sandpaper feel of my sheath, buttons are much better too.

Why isn't anyone complaining about the synthesis back cut out lol would look better without it.

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
I prefer the smooth back on my mous carbon than the sandpaper feel of my sheath, buttons are much better too.

Why isn't anyone complaining about the synthesis back cut out lol would look better without it.
I advised Caudabe that the cutout was one of the reasons I was returning the case. It looks odd.

Reactions: Surfsalot

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
Here's the Decoded Leather Back Cover in Clay for a Natural PM15. WARNING - photo from 2019 model Ipad incoming!

One of the three covers ordered on the 10th from Decoded's website - the other two (Navy Leather and Orange Silicone) appear to have been taken from Decoded's Amazon stock, and shipped via Amazon. Those came several days ago. The Clay shipped from the Netherlands yesterday via FedEx, and arrived today in Wisconsin.

Attachments

• Decoded_Clay_PM15.jpg
    Decoded_Clay_PM15.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Just got a sweet bonus.. spoiled myself and got the Leather Enzo.. loving it.

I'll switch between this one, the Caudabe Veil (frost) and the Pitaka Mag EZ4

* Selling my Apple and ESR Clear cases over in the MR Marketplace if anyone would like them for a good price

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpeg
    IMG_0471.jpeg
    821.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0473.jpeg
    IMG_0473.jpeg
    867.2 KB · Views: 146

salafman

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2022
Westerville, OH

* Selling my Apple and ESR Clear cases over in the MR Marketplace if anyone would like them for a good price
If only this wasn’t 100+ dollars lol

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

Sweet! I can’t help but feel like this case needs its own case. 😉

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023

too much silver for me, each to their own though :)

Reactions: HoopsBlazing

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Here's the Decoded Leather Back Cover in Clay for a Natural PM15. WARNING - photo from 2019 model Ipad incoming!

One of the three covers ordered on the 10th from Decoded's website - the other two (Navy Leather and Orange Silicone) appear to have been taken from Decoded's Amazon stock, and shipped via Amazon. Those came several days ago. The Clay shipped from the Netherlands yesterday via FedEx, and arrived today in Wisconsin.
What are your thoughts on the decoded cases?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013

You do you. Even if your coworkers can’t tell between this and something you got on Aliexpress….your forum friends know

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.C and iGeneo

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
The Cypress Apple silicone case came today. It's a lot darker than the pictures on the Apple site, but I knew that already. I like it, and I'll probably use it for a while. I may get the Phone Rebel frosted when it becomes available. Or not.

I plan to keep this phone for at least a couple of years, so it's good to have choices and backups. 😁

I saw all of the colors of the 15P while I was in the Apple store yesterday. I do love my natty, but I must say that the white is a really fine looking phone. If I'd seen that first, I might have gone that way.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
What are your thoughts on the decoded cases?
These I just got (and the phone was only delivered Monday), so too early to tell. Early impressions are good.

However, I had several Decoded cases in the rotation for my base 12 that was just replaced by this 15PM, so I'm not unfamiliar with Decoded. I used those off and on for over 2.5 years, and I was happy with them.

Reactions: gagee

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
These I just got (and the phone was only delivered Monday), so too early to tell. Early impressions are good.

However, I had several Decoded cases in the rotation for my base 12 that was just replaced by this 15PM, so I'm not unfamiliar with Decoded. I used those off and on for over 2.5 years, and I was happy with them.
Oh ok good to know. Thanks.

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Nomad Modern Leather...I posted positive first impressions earlier in this thread but this will not be a long term case for me. It adds too much height / bottom depth and makes the device feel bigger than it should with a case, in my opinion.

I was an Apple leather fan, not for the leather but for the fit. I think Caudabe won this year. Fit is incredible with a minimal interruption for swiping and gestures. Excited to try on the Synthesis.

Last edited:

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012

The carbon / aramid fiber shows too many smudges for my liking though.

Also, the edges all over are sharp on the Mous!

I liked everything else about it though.

Reactions: TotalMacMove
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.