Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
looks great! is the camera cutout a metal or plastic ring?

i'd take a good look at their brown case option but the buttons and camera ring are a much brighter orange kind of color in the one pic they provide. the grey might be a good next option, i've just always liked how brown leather patina compared to other dyed leathers
Camera cut out is plastic 👍

Reactions: Lotuskid

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Looking great, is it this one?

YMW Magnetic ALCANTARA Case for iPhone 15 Pro Max 14 13 12 mini Luxury Business Supercar Interior Same Suede Leather Phone Cover
@iFone88 Looks nice. Got excited when I saw the orange (got a thing for orange), but they don’t do it for the 15PM. Gutted!

I’m new to proper 3rd party cases as I’ve always been Apple or £1.99 throw-away’s. Are YMW a good brand?

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
The Lonli Classic is just fantastic. Closest one to the Apple leather cases I’ve found in terms of feel, weight and size. And for $25?!
I totally agree with you. I am using my blue Leather Lonli Case Classic for a week now and I still like it. Before I used the Mujjo and I quite liked it. But the fit and the feel of the Lonli are way better. I will stay with it at least until I see the reviews for the Andar with Action Button.

Reactions: VSMacOne

Ifti

macrumors 601
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I want to get the magsafe wallet, but I just can't justify the high price tag for what it is. I just can't bring myself to do it!

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
I totally agree with you. I am using my blue Leather Lonli Case Classic for a week now and I still like it. Before I used the Mujjo and I quite liked it. But the fit and the feel of the Lonli are way better. I will stay with it at least until I see the reviews for the Andar with Action Button.
Did you ever get a decoded case again? Since you said you tried a case in the store when returning and it was a perfect fit?

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
Yes I have my decoded still here. The 3rd Version from another batch here at my local retailer had one which is fitting perfect. The only problem was that I got the Lonli on the same day and I love the nappa leather. It is hard to choose between the two but for now it is the Lonli. The Lonli has a plastic camera Ring. The Decoded has a metal ring which is a bit sharp.

Both fit like a glove and feel amazing. You can`t go wrong with either of them.

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Yes I have my decoded still here. The 3rd Version from another batch here at my local retailer had one which is fitting perfect. The only problem was that I got the Lonli on the same day and I love the nappa leather. It is hard to choose between the two but for now it is the Lonli. The Lonli has a plastic camera Ring. The Decoded has a metal ring which is a bit sharp.

Both fit like a glove and feel amazing. You can`t go wrong with either of them.
Thanks good to know. Are you going to keep the decoded case or return again?

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I jumped in the Phone Rebel Gen 5 bandwagon to see what all the hype is about and received the case last Monday. So far, I’m really enjoying the case. It’s a bit more bulky than the Nomad leather case I was using previously, but is definitely more protective. I’ll probably end up rotating both cases, depending on the circumstance, but I’m definitely impressed by the quality of the Phone Rebel.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
Been waiting to see this colour combo, thanks! Have you got one of the front too pls?
Not the best pic, but hopefully this helps (there's a WSKEN screen protector on it):

Attachments

• OB_Sym_PM15_Blue3.jpg
    OB_Sym_PM15_Blue3.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Southernguy

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
The perfect leather case.

YMW Nappa in grey

Annoyingly, the lighting in my office makes the case appear lighter than it is. It’s virtually the same shade of grey as the silicone clay. Perfect fit- not too tight. Perfect clicky metal buttons, soft to the touch, magnets feels strong, smells as nappa leather should- no doubts that this is the real deal. View attachment 2298415 View attachment 2298416 View attachment 2298417 View attachment 2298418 View attachment 2298419 View attachment 2298420
BEAUTIFUL! Definitely getting this. How is the magsafe strength?

codeunrwolfpack

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
I jumped in the Phone Rebel Gen 5 bandwagon to see what all the hype is about and received the case last Monday. So far, I’m really enjoying the case. It’s a bit more bulky than the Nomad leather case I was using previously, but is definitely more protective. I’ll probably end up rotating both cases, depending on the circumstance, but I’m definitely impressed by the quality of the Phone Rebel.
Agreed! It is a lot nicer than I was expecting! I like the Gen 5 a lot!

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
always "Spigen Liquid Air". i think every phone i've had in the last 5+ years has been a Spigen. No I'm not paid by them. I've tried many cases but I like the slim and simplistic look and feel of it. Good protection but doesn't feel bulky or look ugly.

the stock photos make it look not great but it looks much better in person. the texture on the back and the designs around the edges are much more subtle than the pics suggest.

Reactions: PailMerk

Iamdld

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2023
Question for all the phone rebel gen 5 folks. How bad are the fingerprints? I sold a Benks armor pro case I had for the 14 pro max because of the fingerprints. Trying to decide if I want to risk it again.

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Question for all the phone rebel gen 5 folks. How bad are the fingerprints? I sold a Benks armor pro case I had for the 14 pro max because of the fingerprints. Trying to decide if I want to risk it again.
There’s really none on mine. The benks would get them. I guess if KFC is in your vocabulary it may vary.

Reactions: Hooterville

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I’ve been away for a few days with work so just using one case with no opportunity to change. Brought the Spigen Enzo Arimid and been really happy with it. Grip seems to have improved with use. It shows some fingerprinting but it’s not too bad and seem to clean easily. I have the Pitaka MagEZ Pro waiting for me to try when I get back but this Spigen will be hard to beat I think

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
It's tight, but not Caudabe tight. I seem to suffer badly with top right corners of cases slipping off as I take them out my pockets, and this one is decent but has still done it once or twice. (The Caudabe for example has never once done it, I struggle to take it off intentionally! 🤣)

Seems to be mixed opinions, but FWIW my action button cover is terrible. I've persevered for nearly a week now hoping it would 'break in' but no joy so far.

This is my blue titanium 15 pro but the blue rugged armour. Nice combo imo, but the case is so bulky I think I'll be returning it. (I took the picture with my iPad Mini FWIW).
Don’t return that brother, looks so nice!!! Doesn’t hurt to have a case for extra protection to toss on your phone when you go for an adventure 🙂

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Are we feeling Benks or Spigen this year for aramid cases? Feeling like I need some Aramid Fiber in my life 😅

StrangeMrE

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2015
The perfect leather case.

YMW Nappa in grey

Annoyingly, the lighting in my office makes the case appear lighter than it is. It’s virtually the same shade of grey as the silicone clay. Perfect fit- not too tight. Perfect clicky metal buttons, soft to the touch, magnets feels strong, smells as nappa leather should- no doubts that this is the real deal. View attachment 2298415 View attachment 2298416 View attachment 2298417 View attachment 2298418 View attachment 2298419 View attachment 2298420
Looks great. Like the punch holes on the bottom instead of a big gap for the speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.