Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Anyone tried the otterbox defender XT this year? I like the look of the clear one with the black MagSafe “dark side” I believe they call it, but last years pitted the stainless band on my 14 pro. Needless to say I don’t want to mess up my titanium with the very thing that’s supposed to protect it…

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Never once thought sharp edges till I saw someone on here say it, non issue, every case get smudges, even leather.
Again non issues for me, wash them hands lol
Disagree with that statement: “every case gets smudges.” The Gripzilla and OB Symmetry don’t show smudges.

And, Tee, sorry, I don’t care to carry a wipe around with me wherever I go like the one you use in your videos. If smudges aren’t a concern, why bother using a wipe at the beginning of many of your reviews?

• Haha
Reactions: Surfsalot

Lotuskid

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
Pretty much. That's close, but not a fan of the folio type cases.

It looks like that's the direction to go in. A standard high quality/durable iPhone 15PM case that can take advantage of accessories. I'm actually a bit of a magsafe noob when it comes to iPhones so I might be thinking too much about this.

Part of it is that I've been spoiled with this smartish case for years and wanted to see if there was anything even close to it, but magsafe compatible:

View attachment 2298671
Oh if you haven’t used MagSafe previously at all then yeah you might be better off just picking a case that you like that has MagSafe compatibility and buying a wallet separately to add that functionality when you want it.

In which case your options are far and wide lol and there are 200+ pages worth of discussion to look through

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Pretty much. That's close, but not a fan of the folio type cases.

It looks like that's the direction to go in. A standard high quality/durable iPhone 15PM case that can take advantage of accessories. I'm actually a bit of a magsafe noob when it comes to iPhones so I might be thinking too much about this.

Part of it is that I've been spoiled with this smartish case for years and wanted to see if there was anything even close to it, but magsafe compatible:

View attachment 2298671
i don’t think that is possible because the magsafe magnets will probably mess with the cards underneath

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Gray Sheath on Blue Ti
IMG_9683.jpeg
IMG_9682.jpeg

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I am a long-time, loyal Pitaka MagEZ case fan (and Air case before they stopped making it). The only negative of the Pitaka MagEZ 4 is the rough bottom edge. I use a PopSocket round, so I don’t have pinky discomfort issues. Intrigued by the Benks MagClap ArmorAir, I bit the bullet and ordered it direct from Benks. It is not available on Amazon, which stinks, but that’s okay. The ArmorAir seems much more refined.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Apologies if this has been mentioned - but does anyone know if there's a case similar to the Ringke Fusion frosted that has a magsafe connection? I love this case but it doesn't stay on my Belkin BoostCharge. Thank you!

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Apologies if this has been mentioned - but does anyone know if there's a case similar to the Ringke Fusion frosted that has a magsafe connection? I love this case but it doesn't stay on my Belkin BoostCharge. Thank you!
Spigen has a couple of frosted options:

Reactions: HoopsBlazing

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
Anyone tried the otterbox defender XT this year? I like the look of the clear one with the black MagSafe “dark side” I believe they call it, but last years pitted the stainless band on my 14 pro. Needless to say I don’t want to mess up my titanium with the very thing that’s supposed to protect it…
I have the pink glittery one. I used it over a weekend ghost hunt. It worked great, I didn’t notice anything on the titanium band when I changed cases, but I only had it on for 3-4 days. I’ll be using it again when I go on excursions.

Attachments

• IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3442.jpeg
    743 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3443.jpeg
    IMG_3443.jpeg
    516.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    506.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3445.jpeg
    IMG_3445.jpeg
    650.2 KB · Views: 72

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
How? Now I’m curious but idk about spending $50 on it. The back looks like it’s going to be scratch central with that back material. I could be wrong though. Far better is big words lol.
Back has thus far been scratch resistant. The TPU is much firmer, not nearly the give it used to. The buttons are excellent as always

Only improvement would be better magnets.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Back has thus far been scratch resistant. The TPU is much firmer, not nearly the give it used to. The buttons are excellent as always

Only improvement would be better magnets.
I wish it was somehow a little more grippy also though. I don’t use MagSafe (as of now), so my only real nitpick is that it’s a little slippery.

Reactions: Hooterville
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.