Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA

Attachments

• OB_Sym_PM15_OrangeGreen_Switch1.jpg
    OB_Sym_PM15_OrangeGreen_Switch1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 99
  • OB_Sym_PM15_OrangeGreen_Switch2.jpg
    OB_Sym_PM15_OrangeGreen_Switch2.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 107

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Anyone checked out one of these by chance?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Anyone checked out one of these by chance?

Had one, it sucked and I returned it.

I'm thinking the turd brown Symmetry with the traffic cone orange buttons might be my next venture o_O

itsmehuey

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2019
MOFT order came in. Had both a black and a white Snap MOVAS case in the order but they missed my white one, so had to get them to ship that out. First impressions of the black one, very nice and soft feeling material that is quite smooth and not that much texture to grip to but given it's not the iPhone 15 Pro Max size, I don't think I'm going to have any issues with it slipping out of my hand. Overall very nice feeling.
IMG_0310.jpeg

IMG_0311.jpeg

IMG_0312.jpeg

Works well with my Spigen Glas tR EZfit screen protector and has an OK amount of lip around the front screen and camera module.

Magnets on the case are STRONG and especially paired with their line of accessories - I got the wallet/stand combo as well as the tripod stand along with the MagSafe compatible wireless charger. All work well with the case. One point of annoyance is that the speaker & mic hole cut outs are symmetrical, thus meaning one is bigger than what it's meant to be (which I'm assuming is for the microphone cutout). Apart from that, I'm really liking the case. Not the highest level of drop protection, but I like my cases sleek and I have AppleCare+ if it ever came to that lol.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
The back is slippery but the sides have some grip. I'm back in my good ole Symmetry case as of tonight after fighting like a madman to get that Synthesis off my phone :mad:
I may just pick it up then. Did you get yours off of Amazon I guess? Looks like they are price matching the Otterbox 20% off deal.

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
price is the killer and not worth it for what they are imo, similar price to nomad and OB symmetry here now.
I have the Nomad Modern Leather and the Sheath. No doubt that the Sheath is worth the price. The Nomad is nice but the depth at the bottom of the case and the lint that accumulates by the charging port and speakers (all for space for lanyard loops) is too much.

The Sheath fit and finish is A+. Pinky comfort is outstanding and the lip is perfect. Doesn’t interrupt swiping and not excessive. I’m liking the texture now too. Grippy when you need it.

Lots of great case options but after the Apple Fine Woven, Apple Silicone, Spigen Liquid Air, and Nomad Modern Leather, the Sheath takes the cake for me.

Now I’ll contradict myself and say I also am getting the Synthesis too. I think the case looks cool.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Does the sheath have more screen protection? Thats the one thing that’s kept me from ordering one.
Depends on how much protection you’d need. I had the sheath last year for my 14 PM and dropped it a few times, never had issues with the screen or body of the phone getting scuffed from drops. I feel like the sheath could take some drops for sure.

• Love
Reactions: BrightCanon

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I have the Nomad Modern Leather and the Sheath. No doubt that the Sheath is worth the price. The Nomad is nice but the depth at the bottom of the case and the lint that accumulates by the charging port and speakers (all for space for lanyard loops) is too much.

The Sheath fit and finish is A+. Pinky comfort is outstanding and the lip is perfect. Doesn’t interrupt swiping and not excessive. I’m liking the texture now too. Grippy when you need it.

Lots of great case options but after the Apple Fine Woven, Apple Silicone, Spigen Liquid Air, and Nomad Modern Leather, the Sheath takes the cake for me.

Now I’ll contradict myself and say I also am getting the Synthesis too. I think the case looks cool.
Couldn’t agree more with everything you said. The sheath isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, clearly, but I think it is a magnificently crafted case. My synthesis is supposed to be here tomorrow, can’t wait.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Question for all the phone rebel gen 5 folks. How bad are the fingerprints? I sold a Benks armor pro case I had for the 14 pro max because of the fingerprints. Trying to decide if I want to risk it again.
Surprisingly, not bad at all. I had a Pitaka case (MagEZ Pro, I believe) when I had the 14 Pro and got rid of it very quickly, due to it being a fingerprint magnet. This doesn’t seem to be a problem with the Phone Rebel.

Reactions: maverick22

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Depends on how much protection you’d need. I had the sheath last year for my 14 PM and dropped it a few times, never had issues with the screen or body of the phone getting scuffed from drops. I feel like the sheath could take some drops for sure.
Appreciate it. I don’t drop my phone really ever but I always want to make sure if I did it would be safe. I may order one. 🤙

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Appreciate it. I don’t drop my phone really ever but I always want to make sure if I did it would be safe. I may order one. 🤙
In terms of protection, the Sheath would be better than the Gripmunk. The sheath isn’t super protective as it is a minimalist case, but the lip definitely would protect more than the Gripmunk. Let me know if you pick one up 👏🏻
I cracked a phone in a Sheath. I believe it’s possible to damage a phone in any of the thinner, minimal cases though. I don’t think the Sheath is different in this regard either way.
This statement is true for any minimalist case, but the sheath does provide more lip protection than the Gripmunk they’re referring to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.