Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Is anyone still waiting on their free button cover Sheath?

I placed an order on Oct 2nd. A rep finally responded to my email after a week of waiting. They said another batch will ship out in 1-2 weeks and to “feel free to just hang on for the time being”.

I’m a big Caudabe fan but this is ridiculous :(
I finally got a 15 Pro Blue Sheath code on Oct 3rd. I ordered that day and was told it would ship on October 10th. That didn't happen, so I emailed Caudabe and they said the next batch would ship on Oct 16-18. That didn't happen either. WTF???

So I emailed asking for a new ETA and haven't heard back (of course). The cases are nice, but the whole Caudabe experience this year has been awful. Multiple delayed shipments, no updates from Caudabe, and super slow email responses.

I have to agree... Caudabe telling us "feel free to just hang on for the time being" is pretty ridiculous.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
For me…

Protective: Nomad Rugged
I find this case very comfortable and easy to hold due to the concave edges. The best metal buttons I’ve experienced, tactile without being rattle-y. Very stiff around the bottom cutouts. Lays flat on a table. Lots to like. I tried more cases than usual this year and I keep going back to this one.

More minimal: Pitaka Pro
Feels very soft and comfortable in the hand, though harder to hold onto than the Nomad. Pretty much the most precise fit I’ve ever seen. Plus points for being decently protective. Fingerprints are the biggest downside.

YMMV…
I heard the action button is bad on the Nomad Rugged, some posters have said it above..
Is this true in your opinion?

Sinistah

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
Minnesota
I finally got a 15 Pro Blue Sheath code on Oct 3rd. I ordered that day and was told it would ship on October 10th. That didn't happen, so I emailed Caudabe and they said the next batch would ship on Oct 16-18. That didn't happen either. WTF???

So I emailed asking for a new ETA and haven't heard back (of course). The cases are nice, but the whole Caudabe experience this year has been awful. Multiple delayed shipments, no updates from Caudabe, and super slow email responses.

I have to agree... Caudabe telling us "feel free to just hang on for the time being" is pretty ridiculous.
Now I don’t feel that great about mine being in the next batch…

• Sad
Reactions: dmccombs

Sinistah

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
Minnesota
Follow-up question: To those that received the action button version of the Sheath…do you prefer it to the open cutout?

I’ve heard it’s not great as a button, but is it bad enough to where you’d prefer the open cutout?

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
I heard the action button is bad on the Nomad Rugged, some posters have said it above..
Is this true in your opinion?
I don’t doubt others have had issues, but I have two and the Action button is good on both.
I also have the Rugged and all the buttons are superb. I think I'm returning the case because it's a little bulky for me, but to me those are some of the best buttons I've personally tried this year.

Reactions: Zensō

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I also have the Rugged and all the buttons are superb. I think I'm returning the case because it's a little bulky for me, but to me those are some of the best buttons I've personally tried this year.
What colour did you get? I am thinking of getting the Orange one but worried it will get dirty and change colour..

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
What colour did you get? I am thinking of getting the Orange one but worried it will get dirty and change colour..
Blue, I posted a picture a couple of pages back. It's just too big for me, I have fairly small hands (previous phone was a 13 Mini). If that's not an issue to you then I'd highly recommend it.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
FOR SALE:

Caudabe Synthesis Button Cover case in Black for the 15 Pro Max $35.00 shipped with tracking.
Payment via PayPal only. I can ship this out this morning.
This is a great deal for anyone wanting the Synthesis. If no one jumps on this within a few days, I will buy it 🤣

Reactions: Hooterville

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
These Apple leather cases are not that bad lol ...I am def a fan

AltYisF.jpg

3TyZTGo.jpg

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
These Apple leather cases are not that bad lol ...I am def a fan

AltYisF.jpg

3TyZTGo.jpg
Apple has made a huge thing about not making leather cases anymore. So, either this is not actually an Apple case (knockoff) or it's for a 14 Pro or something.

That said, if it's a good fake I'd be interested!

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Apple has made a huge thing about not making leather cases anymore. So, either this is not actually an Apple case (knockoff) or it's for a 14 Pro or something.

That said, if it's a good fake I'd be interested!

I am not posting a 14 case in a 15 thread lol...it is def a knockoff from Ali. It is quite impressive however for what I paid for a few cases and they came rather quickly too. The seller I got them from no longer has them, but with a search I did find this...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.