Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
The outer frame is TPE which is harder than TPU and typically more slippery. I find it plenty grippy though, likely because of the concave sides which make it easier to pick up and grip than flat or convex sides. Others may differ.

Nomad has pretty easy no-pack online returns through Happy Returns, but there’s a flat $5 charge to cover shipping/handling. Not bad, but not quite Prime…
I agree, the material seems like it’s going to be slippery but I find it plenty grippy too! I have no issues with it as far as grip. If you had to knock it for SOMETHING, I’d say the speaker cut outs ( doesn’t bother me at all) and the magnets aren’t as strong as others on the market.

Reactions: Zensō

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
So what’s the consensus on best screen protector? Usually I always go Spigen no questions asked, but this year they aren’t impressing me like usual. I got a two pack before my phone arrived and when I opened it to apply one, it went on terrible. Not stuck down all around the entire perimeter, had to can it, use the second to get a better application and I usually do well applying them. So I’m wondering if that’s the best option, or if you fine folks have better recommendations?

Reactions: Djones96

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
So what’s the consensus on best screen protector? Usually I always go Spigen no questions asked, but this year they aren’t impressing me like usual. I got a two pack before my phone arrived and when I opened it to apply one, it went on terrible. Not stuck down all around the entire perimeter, had to can it, use the second to get a better application and I usually do well applying them. So I’m wondering if that’s the best option, or if you fine folks have better recommendations?
I read the other thread on the protectors and still went with the Spigen. It was applied without issue though it did pop out of the alignment guide so I had to apply it on without the guide. But all is good and I think it's same as last year's 14PM version.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
UltraGlass UNBREAK TOP 9H+ Glass... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB5VVSGX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the one I bought. Very easy installation, edge to edge protection, much better than the spigen ones I had.

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Big thread here. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-15-pro-pro-max-screen-protector.2401368/

The spigen ez fit was good enough for me. I understand the complaints about it but I am not super picky.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I agree, the material seems like it’s going to be slippery but I find it plenty grippy too! I have no issues with it as far as grip. If you had to knock it for SOMETHING, I’d say the speaker cut outs ( doesn’t bother me at all) and the magnets aren’t as strong as others on the market.
Regarding the bottom cutouts, I may actually try a Peak Design or Mous lanyard/strap at some point, which this case is ideal for. I’m a retired semi-pro landscape photographer and sometimes use the phone when on longer hikes where carrying the big camera and tripod is no fun. Could be more convenient than constantly taking the phone/camera in and out of a fanny pack.

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
Anybody have any insight on Decoded’s Clay vs Andar’s Blanc?

Color and just general screen / camera protection.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
So it took another 7 days for Pitaka to get back to me and I need to pay postage back to HK to get a replacement for the StarPeak Horizon, or 15% off voucher.

IMG_1132.jpeg

I’ve been using the case daily and I’m living with the streaks. Can’t be bothered sending it back and waiting for another one.

I did miss the FAQ a the bottom of their website saying the finishing may not be smooth.

Attachments

• IMG_0989.jpeg
    IMG_0989.jpeg
    606.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0990.jpeg
    IMG_0990.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Sal09

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Both over rated and over priced imo. @iFone88 got a sweet leather case from Ali Express at half the price. The case is top notch quality.
Yes true, but the YMW seller on Aliexpress doesn't have a light color like @seaguy is looking for, at least at the moment.

Anybody have any insight on Decoded’s Clay vs Andar’s Blanc?

Color and just general screen / camera protection.
Out of those two, I'd take Decoded since it's real leather. It's a very nice case and that color is pretty great too! Screen and camera protection is adequate in my opinion. The blanc is vegan leather if that matters to you. Not sure how it would age.

EDIT: The Aspen case is down to $41.25 right now as well (Blanc sold out) with no coupon code needed. That's a pretty good price imo.

Reactions: Sal09

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
check out flolab. similar setup as spigen except you don’t have to remove any backing prior to install. imo that’s the weak point with spigen and amfilm. if you’re not careful you can misalign the glass. plus flolab provides a fullscreen dust sticker. see this video:

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA

ESR one that Tee recommended in the last live stream.

ESR 3+1 Pack Armorite Screen Protector Set for iPhone 15 Pro Max, Ultra-tough Tempered Glass, Easy Installation Frame, 3-Pack with 1 Set of Individual Camera Lens Protector

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.