Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Looks great. With the raised bumps in the bottom corners does it actually lay flat on the back or does it still rock a little?
Because of the raised lip to protect the camera, it still rocks when it’s laying on a flat surface. Not an issue IMO

Reactions: VaderRulez

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Man I was excited to get my Mujjo leather case today but another iPhone release and another disappointing case. I feel it’s always something with their cases. Mine has a terrible fit and just pops off too easy. Without that issue it could be so good.
Are you still waiting for your decoded case?

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Yeah I’m not picky either but I don’t want to waste half of the package of them. But I might give them another try, or give the ones another member suggested a couple of posts ago.

I like the Spigen as it's case friendly. A lot of these protector are not case friendly and will start peeling up every time you switch cases.

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
Does anyone else's Synthesis have a very sharp edge on the raised bottom corners? The seam from the mold there cuts into my hands. The side grips on mine are also very coarse. Too coarse that I find it uncomfortable to hold.

I really wanted to like it based on everyone else's opinions of it here. Maybe mine has some manufacturing defects but I think the Sheath is the better case for me. To me it looks better and feel vastly better in my hands.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Anyone know if the Gripzilla is close to the Sheath or Synthesis (or neither really)? I like the texture of the Gripzilla but could do without the corners with bumpers.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
check out flolab. similar setup as spigen except you don’t have to remove any backing prior to install. imo that’s the weak point with spigen and amfilm. if you’re not careful you can misalign the glass. plus flolab provides a fullscreen dust sticker. see this video:
Super easy install but if you have a 15 Pro you must get the $40 3D version or it will halo really bad. I don’t have the max to say if it’s the same

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
just got the lonli leather case from amazon. really nice presentation. comes in a nice box and a felt bag. case fits perfectly and unlike the decoded leather, it has a good screen lip. plastic buttons and camera rim which are good imo. for $25 can’t be beat.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Are you still waiting for your decoded case?
I actually have it and it’s decent imo. It still doesn’t have that real click in place and great fit all around like the Aspen. I know folks are going to think I’m selling out but the Aspen still has the best fit so far out of all the leather cases I have. Everything else about the Decoded is solid.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I actually have it and it’s decent imo. It still doesn’t have that real click in place and great fit all around like the Aspen. I know folks are going to think I’m selling out but the Aspen still has the best fit so far out of all the leather cases I have. Everything else about the Decoded is solid.

Man that Andar is looking really tempting Tee I gotta say. Especially after seeing your video of it. It's fire bro.

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Oh ok thanks good to know.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Man that Andar is looking really tempting Tee I gotta say. Especially after seeing your video of it. It's fire bro.
The only leather case to “maybe” give it some comp is Bullstrap. Andar just checks all the boxes and sure they had that mixup when it comes to the action button but the fact is it’s still one of if not the best leather case on the market.

Chiromac81

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2018
Ontario Canada
These Apple leather cases are not that bad lol ...I am def a fan

AltYisF.jpg
ya why aren't more people getting the original Apple cases?? I would rather have an Apple logo on a phone that I paid $2200 Canadian for!

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
The only leather case to “maybe” give it some comp is Bullstrap. Andar just checks all the boxes and sure they had that mixup when it comes to the action button but the fact is it’s still one of if not the best leather case on the market.
i’d love to get your take on the lonli leather case. especially to hear your comparison to andar and bullstrap. only $25 on amazon.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019

Interesting. I never tried a Bullstrap but it has always been on my list of cases to try out. I will definitely let you know if I decide to pick up an Andar. Thanks man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.