Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
i’d love to get your take on the lonli leather case. especially to hear your comparison to andar and bullstrap. only $25 on amazon.

The lonli edition has better leather IMO, for the same price.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Anyone know if the Gripzilla is close to the Sheath or Synthesis (or neither really)? I like the texture of the Gripzilla but could do without the corners with bumpers.
I did not like the sheath by comparison. Did not get the synthesis so can’t compare that one. The sheath overall was more rough than the sides of the gripzilla (the grippiest part). Some here said you get used to the texture over time or it smooths out a bit, but the case just didn’t do it for me even after a few days. The case profile on the phone is more streamlined than the gripzilla.

I could do without the bumper corners of the gripzilla, but honestly the case is so good otherwise, it’s no big deal.

Last edited:

ShadowNyghtmare

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2023
Just received a Spigen Enzo Aramid from Amazon today. Without the phone in the case, the buttons easily rattle. With the phone in the case it is less noticeable, but they still move a bit.

Not a huge deal, but is this normal for this case?

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
I did not like the sheath by comparison. Did not get the synthesis so can’t compare that one. The sheath overall was more rough than the sides of the gripzilla (the grippiest part). Some here said you get used to the texture over time or it smooths out a bit, but the case just didn’t do it for me even after a few days. The case profile on the phone is more streamlined than the gripzilla.

I could honestly do without the bumper corners of the gripzilla, but honestly the case is so good otherwise, it’s no big deal.
The bumpers are the only thing I don’t like about the Gripzilla also. If they were just a bit smaller it would be better. Overall it’s a great case.

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY
Would you share a link?

care to share a link to the case? thanks

sorry for the late reply, this actually looks great! what is the link for this, I'm unable to find a blue carbon fiber case that looks so close to pitaka as yours. Thanks!

PailMerk

Suspended
Feb 1, 2023
check out flolab. similar setup as spigen except you don’t have to remove any backing prior to install. imo that’s the weak point with spigen and amfilm. if you’re not careful you can misalign the glass. plus flolab provides a fullscreen dust sticker. see this video:
Impressive 👍🏻

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Am I being stupid here. My Otterbox Symmetry cases just arrived and I want to swap the buttons, they seem difficult to get out. Do I push from inside to out, or from the outside to in?

Reactions: Hooterville

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
i’d love to get your take on the lonli leather case. especially to hear your comparison to andar and bullstrap. only $25 on amazon.
Yeah I might get one but for $25 I seriously question the quality of the leather and the longevity.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
So what’s the consensus on best screen protector? Usually I always go Spigen no questions asked, but this year they aren’t impressing me like usual. I got a two pack before my phone arrived and when I opened it to apply one, it went on terrible. Not stuck down all around the entire perimeter, had to can it, use the second to get a better application and I usually do well applying them. So I’m wondering if that’s the best option, or if you fine folks have better recommendations?
I initially got the ESR Armorite for my 15 Pro Max as I had it with my 14 Pro Max and was happy with it. However it doesn’t seem to fit as well on the 15 Pro Max maybe because of the edges of the display being curved. I noticed dust gathering around the edges and the edges of the display area not being visible maybe because of the black border of the screen protector. I’ve switched over to the Torras GlassGo and there is a noticeable difference. I’ve been using it for a week now and I don’t see any dust gathering around the edges. Also the edges of the display are now visible.

TORRAS [1:1 Full Screen] for iPhone 15 Pro Max Screen Protector [TOP 9H+ Military SGS Certified] [No Dust No Bubbles] Longest Durable Glass iPhone 15 Pro Max Protective Glass Tempered - GlassGo Series https://amzn.eu/d/i3crIgR

Reactions: ATmahe

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Just received a Spigen Enzo Aramid from Amazon today. Without the phone in the case, the buttons easily rattle. With the phone in the case it is less noticeable, but they still move a bit.

Buttons are fine on mine ...if I shake the case without a phone I can hear the buttons but they are in place properly..they are clicky and overall solid case ...

Reactions: Hooterville

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
The only leather case to “maybe” give it some comp is Bullstrap. Andar just checks all the boxes and sure they had that mixup when it comes to the action button but the fact is it’s still one of if not the best leather case on the market.
Are they coming out with a revised version with the button? If so is that what the current pre-orders will have?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US

I returned two of the OG Enzo leather cases (the $125 one) because there was a noticeable rattle when it was ON the phone. Definitely not acceptable for that price but the 15 series cases are much more affordable.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Am I being stupid here. My Otterbox Symmetry cases just arrived and I want to swap the buttons, they seem difficult to get out. Do I push from inside to out, or from the outside to in?

Outside in to remove them and inside out to install them. Also one side is smaller and has a textured finish, this is the outside part.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Received my pitaka Pro and not sure it’s for me. It’s very angular and not very comfortable for that reason. I like the flat side design of the iPhone in general but the Pitaka pro is really square and compared to the Spigen Enzo I much much prefer the feel of the Spigen. Good to try but not for me

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
I opted to not upgrade this year but have been lurking around and just wanted to say damn... that natural titanium + clay apple silicone combo is SO nice.
Well so much for the this comment LOL. I ended up grabbing the 15 PM in natural titanium over a week ago and I absolutely love this phone. I think I'm likely gonna spring for the Clay case but does anyone have pictures of the cypress + natural titanium combo??

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
Well so much for the this comment LOL. I ended up grabbing the 15 PM in natural titanium over a week ago and I absolutely love this phone. I think I'm likely gonna spring for the Clay case but does anyone have pictures of the cypress + natural titanium combo??
This is mine with the AliX cypress case. Pretty much the same colour for your purposes.

IMG_0040.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpeg
    IMG_0038.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 94

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
The OB Lumen in Mako Blue w/ BluTi PM. Photos mostly from iPM6. I think I’m finally done hunting for a clear case. One minor scratch on the inside of the case, was present right from unboxing this morning - gonna take that up with OB and push for replacement. One problem will be they’re out of stock at OB right now. Otherwise, the look is exactly what I was going for. Buttons and cutouts are perfect for me.

Attachments

• IMG_8530.jpeg
    IMG_8530.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8531.jpeg
    IMG_8531.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0101.jpeg
    IMG_0101.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0109.jpeg
    IMG_0109.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    374.8 KB · Views: 118
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.