Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Product page Ghost for 15 Pro = currently in production and expected to ship at end of October. My online order status = October. I read on Reddit that they will start shipping next week.
Dbrand regular shipping is super slow. Says USPS but it’s some other company that doesn’t hand over to USPS until it gets close to your town

Reactions: walds11

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
The OB Lumen in Mako Blue w/ BluTi PM. Photos mostly from iPM6. I think I’m finally done hunting for a clear case. One minor scratch on the inside of the case, was present right from unboxing this morning - gonna take that up with OB and push for replacement. One problem will be they’re out of stock at OB right now. Otherwise, the look is exactly what I was going for. Buttons and cutouts are perfect for me.
You can get the case from Apple as well.
One issue I wonder is if the case will yellow overtime?
How is the grip on the case?

Reactions: julit0

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Just popped the Gen 5 back on and man I really love this case but I really enjoy how thin the Synthesis is.
Have you noticed if your Andar Aspen cases are staining the magsafe chargers? I have seen some people complain about that I guess because it is oil waxed leather. Just worried it might stain my magsafe charger since I ordered the navy colour.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Just popped the Gen 5 back on and man I really love this case but I really enjoy how thin the Synthesis is.

How’s the magnets on Synthesis ? I went to BB today and tried the blue one definitely feels slim…

Edit nvm I didn’t try the Synthesis

Last edited:

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Just got my gray Synthesis and like many of you have reported, it’s awesome.

Fit is amazing. Cutouts are perfect and better than the Sheath’s (which are a bit off center vertically). Magnets are super strong. No visible MagSafe ring. The little dot grips on the side are a really nice touch.

Was a bit worried about getting it off due to how tight it is, but it wasn’t really a problem at all.

Buttons are the only thing I can ding it for, since they’re all a bit tight, but my Sheath buttons broke in a lot after a week so I suspect the same will happen here.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Anyone recommend a super thin case? I used to love the Caudable veil but they changed it so it was smooth instead of nice and grippy as previous. Any recommendations please?

Reactions: vded

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Well so much for the this comment LOL. I ended up grabbing the 15 PM in natural titanium over a week ago and I absolutely love this phone. I think I'm likely gonna spring for the Clay case but does anyone have pictures of the cypress + natural titanium combo??
I have that combo. I think it looks great. This is in natural light. Note that it's darker than it looks on the Apple site. (Photos from iPad Mini.)

Is it just me or does it seem like this year nothing looks like the color it turns out to be — not the phones or cases or watch bands...

IMG_0158.jpeg

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
You can get the case from Apple as well.
One issue I wonder is if the case will yellow overtime?
How is the grip on the case?
When I ordered, Apple did not have stock, but OtterBox did. Checking today, they don’t ship until the 3rd week of November. Now Otterbox is also not OOS.

Grip is good. Not too grippy. Easy in and out of the pocket more than an Apple Silicon. Rounded corners feel good in the hand. Maybe slightly more grippy than OB’s Clear symmetry case but very close.

Reactions: VaderRulez

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
When I ordered, Apple did not have stock, but OtterBox did. Checking today, they don’t ship until the 3rd week of November. Now Otterbox is also not OOS.

Grip is good. Not too grippy. Easy in and out of the pocket more than an Apple Silicon. Rounded corners feel good in the hand. Maybe slightly more grippy than OB’s Clear symmetry case but very close.
That's good
Most clear cases tend to have poor grip like the Mous Clarity 2.0 and are slippery.

Reactions: julit0

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
This looks really good! Just ordered it. How case friendly is it? No issues with cases lifting it?
To be honest I’ve not taken my case off since I had it put on so I can’t comment on that. There have been others here in this thread who recommended it which is the reason I got it to replace my ESR one. I’ve not read anything about it lifting when removing the case though. I think it is one of the best if not the best screen protectors for the 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max and worth the higher cost compared to most others.

Reactions: AnJarBo

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Thought so. Was looking all over for an umber wallet as I didn’t ever like golden brown. Finally found a new one on eBay now that all the leather stock has dried up and the seller sent me orange 😑. Oh well, the search continues. May settle for a saddle brown without find my.
CEX has second hand ones although I have no idea what the condition might be. I did get California Poppy and Midnight ones from them. They were unboxed but in pretty good condition.

EDIT: If you’re in the US this probably won’t be an option for you.

Last edited:

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
Hey guys! Mous Limitless 5 owners out there…I wanted to give it a try for my 15 PM deciding between that speckled finish, leather , or aramid fiber. I’m leaning towards the speckled style bc I hear it’s like a rubbery feel since I’m looking for something that won’t slide across a smooth surface .

Anyone that’s owns any of these styles now or in the past , any of them fall apart or fray easily ?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Hey guys! Mous Limitless 5 owners out there…I wanted to give it a try for my 15 PM deciding between that speckled finish, leather , or aramid fiber. I’m leaning towards the speckled style bc I hear it’s like a rubbery feel since I’m looking for something that won’t slide across a smooth surface .

Anyone that’s owns any of these styles now or in the past , any of them fall apart or fray easily ?
On his YouTube channel, @TechnicallyTee found that the aramid version has a fit issue that causes it to make a clicking/snapping sound when you grip the sides firmly. I checked this on the Limitless aramid on my 15 PM and found mine had the same issue. I returned that one and unfortunately the replacement had the same problem, so I returned that one as well. Apparently it’s only a problem with the aramid version and the others are OK. I’d suggest avoiding the aramid version.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
PSA for Lonli users: I just found a manufacturing issue with the MagSafe magnets that’s causing charging issues as well as wallet attachment issues. Beautiful colors, especially the new slate gray but I use MagSafe all the time so this is a deal breaker for me.

Attachments

• IMG_6455.jpeg
    IMG_6455.jpeg
    809.2 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: Mr.C and Zensō

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
PSA for Lonli users: I just found a manufacturing issue with the MagSafe magnets that’s causing charging issues as well as wallet attachment issues. Beautiful colors, especially the new slate gray but I use MagSafe all the time so this is a deal breaker for me.
i noticed the same thing. attaches firmly to my magsafe stand but not to my wallet. bummer. @TechnicallyTee disregard request.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.