Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
I have that combo. I think it looks great. This is in natural light. Note that it's darker than it looks on the Apple site. (Photos from iPad Mini.)

Is it just me or does it seem like this year nothing looks like the color it turns out to be — not the phones or cases or watch bands...

View attachment 2299712
That looks so good!

I agree- especially with the clay case. Online it looks sort of beige but in pictures/in person it looks like a dark grey (which I still really like).

Reactions: JBinPDX

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Otterbox Lumen or Rugged Nomad? Which is the better case?
A bit of Apple vs Oranges comparison really. Lumen is somewhat minimal protection and more about showing off the phones color being clear. Rugged Nomad will be far more protective - and very beefy, leaning to the higher protection spectrum by its nature and even its name. Better case for what?

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
On his YouTube channel, @TechnicallyTee found that the aramid version has a fit issue that causes it to make a clicking/snapping sound when you grip the sides firmly. I checked this on the Limitless aramid on my 15 PM and found mine had the same issue. I returned that one and unfortunately the replacement had the same problem, so I returned that one as well. Apparently it’s only a problem with the aramid version and the others are OK. I’d suggest avoiding the aramid version.
Ahh glad I asked! I’ll prob try that speckled finish.

Reactions: Zensō

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Hey guys! Mous Limitless 5 owners out there…I wanted to give it a try for my 15 PM deciding between that speckled finish, leather , or aramid fiber. I’m leaning towards the speckled style bc I hear it’s like a rubbery feel since I’m looking for something that won’t slide across a smooth surface .

Anyone that’s owns any of these styles now or in the past , any of them fall apart or fray easily ?
The Bamboo clear finish wears mighty fast. The aramid is a fingerprint magnet. I would say the leather is the best one.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
PSA for Lonli users: I just found a manufacturing issue with the MagSafe magnets that’s causing charging issues as well as wallet attachment issues. Beautiful colors, especially the new slate gray but I use MagSafe all the time so this is a deal breaker for me.
I wonder if it's a PM thing? I have a Pro and I kept the Lonli Classic. Granted right now I'm using the Apple Silicone case and not the Lonli. But I didn't notice those issues when I was using it. I haven't had any problems with charging on MagSafe. And I have an old leather Apple wallet that attaches well — maybe not as tight as on other cases, and it does have to be in exactly the right place. But I haven't had any problem with it.

My Lonli case is one of the first ones before they sold out on Amazon. Maybe it's a problem with later editions?

Reactions: TotalMacMove

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Hey guys! Mous Limitless 5 owners out there…I wanted to give it a try for my 15 PM deciding between that speckled finish, leather , or aramid fiber. I’m leaning towards the speckled style bc I hear it’s like a rubbery feel since I’m looking for something that won’t slide across a smooth surface .

Anyone that’s owns any of these styles now or in the past , any of them fall apart or fray easily ?
I had a Speckled fabric for a year on my 13 PM. It held up really well. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Reactions: Jimmyone

Lotuskid

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
PSA for Lonli users: I just found a manufacturing issue with the MagSafe magnets that’s causing charging issues as well as wallet attachment issues. Beautiful colors, especially the new slate gray but I use MagSafe all the time so this is a deal breaker for me.
Same issues with the lonli cases I’ve tried. I get the impression that they’re priced cheaply for a reason - there’s a lot of variance in their quality.

That said I do currently have a grey classic that’s mostly great, no MagSafe misalignment no buttons misalignment etc. but this is the third case that I got from them

Reactions: VSMacOne

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I wonder if it's a PM thing? I have a Pro and I kept the Lonli Classic. Granted right now I'm using the Apple Silicone case and not the Lonli. But I didn't notice those issues when I was using it. I haven't had any problems with charging on MagSafe. And I have an old leather Apple wallet that attaches well — maybe not as tight as on other cases, and it does have to be in exactly the right place. But I haven't had any problem with it.

My Lonli case is one of the first ones before they sold out on Amazon. Maybe it's a problem with later editions?
The magnets in mine are way higher than they need to be and the charger still works but it’s much slower than it should be. And the wallet attaches way too high.

Reactions: JBinPDX

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
The magnets in mine are way higher than they need to be and the charger still works but it’s much slower than it should be. And the wallet attaches way too high.
i’m using the decoded detachable wallet cover when i put my phone in my sling like when at gym and every case i have attaches perfectly except the Lonli. i guess the magnet is too high and the camera rim doesn’t allow it to sit flat and attach.

Reactions: VSMacOne

Lyric

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
Nothing special, but I’m liking it right now.

fddf194ab2963439ebf2ae14561198a1.jpg

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The nomad case is very bulky though, especially when you consider that the Pro Max is already a big phone!
I wouldn’t call it “very bulky”, but it is more bulky than minimalist cases. If you’re looking for a minimalist case I wouldn’t suggest either of these cases and instead would be looking at offerings from Caudabe, Pitaka, Apple, et al. Good luck! 😊

PS - I admit to having a dislike of Otterbox in general. I’ve had issues with their cases over the years and their customer service has been less than stellar in those instances. YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.C
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.