Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
PSA for Lonli users: I just found a manufacturing issue with the MagSafe magnets that’s causing charging issues as well as wallet attachment issues. Beautiful colors, especially the new slate gray but I use MagSafe all the time so this is a deal breaker for me.

That is interesting. That is maybe why my original Apple Magsafe Charger is not working properly. I really like the case and this would annoy me. I will compare it to my decoded and the charger with this one. Maybe Lonli really messed up.

Reactions: VSMacOne

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I would never thought that the Magnet is not aligned perfectly. I loved the Lonli case but with that knowledge I don`t want to use it anymore. It strangely never worked on my original Apple Magsafe Charger with the Twelve South Stand.

I just compared it to my naked iPhone and to the Decoded Leather Case:

Picture 1: naked iPhone 15 Pro Max and Lonli Case
Picture 2: Decoded Leather on the left and Lonli in the right
Picture 3: Decoded and naked iPhone 15 Pro Max

Right now I also saw that my Decoded has a few flaws and the leather is not that smooth. I will give my Otterbox Lumen another try until my Sheath will arrive this week.

Attachments

• IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: VSMacOne

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Anyone here with an Apple Silicone Case that they got on or around launch day? How’s it holding up? I’ve heard they’re not super durable and start coming apart after a few months. If that’s the case, I may end up returning it even though I really like it.

tandp74

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
IL
Anyone here with an Apple Silicone Case that they got on or around launch day? How’s it holding up? I’ve heard they’re not super durable and start coming apart after a few months. If that’s the case, I may end up returning it even though I really like it.
I’m currently using one on my 15 pro max, but I’ve only had it and the case for less than 2 weeks. The only thing I notice is some very slight discoloration on the back where skin oils eventually absorb. Shows more on darker colors and mine is the winter blue, so not bad at all. I’ve used them in the past on other phones (not for longer than a year, though) and the feel changes (gets slightly less soft and velvety and a bit more rubbery/tacky) and gets shiny in certain areas with time, but I’ve never had them chip, crack or peel. I rarely, if ever, drop my phone though, so I’m sure they don’t hold up as well after multiple drops.

Reactions: jkel777

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
I’m currently using one on my 15 pro max, but I’ve only had it and the case for less than 2 weeks. The only thing I notice is some very slight discoloration on the back where skin oils eventually absorb. Shows more on darker colors and mine is the winter blue, so not bad at all. I’ve used them in the past on other phones (not for longer than a year, though) and the feel changes (gets slightly less soft and velvety and a bit more rubbery/tacky) and gets shiny in certain areas with time, but I’ve never had them chip, crack or peel. I rarely, if ever, drop my phone though, so I’m sure they don’t hold up as well after multiple drops.
Good to know, thanks! I also rarely drop my phone and when I have it’s been from less than a couple feet. I also just found out that Apple offers a one year limited warranty on their branded accessories, which I assume means you can swap it out if any manufacturing defects start to show.

Reactions: tandp74

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
I have the orange sorbet from launch day… they have a grip to them the first week or two then they get the shine from the case breaking down. The sides of the phone are definitely less grippy than the back now. One drop with this case and the chipping begins. also unless it’s a manufacturing defect apple wont really warranty replace cases. IE glue exposed or inner felt lining peeling.. a worn case isn’t covered by their limited warranty. You can get lucky one day and ignored the next. It’s not like AC+

Reactions: Mr.C and jkel777

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
For those who ordered a case from Caudabe fairly recently, how long did it take for them to ship?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
No issues here so far.

Reactions: jkel777

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
It was $51 shipped with taxes.

I tried the fine woven in taupe and did like the color, but have little faith it was going to be durable. After 3 days of light use it already had wear and tear. My midnight leather wallet still looks great after 2 years. Found a pretty discounted mulberry on eBay so will see if that hides more use.
Are you in the US? I will buy the Orange for your cost plus shipping. Just make sure find my is turned off on it

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I’m digging the Caudabe Sheath ..dropped it on concrete today hit the corner and it’s like the scuff disappeared
I’m also liking the feel in hand ..

Reactions: Zensō and Djones96

mg51015bb

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2017
Any bellroy fans here? I see their current design doesn’t handle the action button very well but I’ve enjoyed the cases on Google devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.