Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Caudabe!

d2c26b344ad1cbf4f035ee11b4a73250.jpg

In other news, I’m impressed with the smartish grip. Better buttons that sheath or synthesis.
Gripmunk or Gripzilla?

I’m really liking the Gripzilla!

tandp74

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
IL
Tossing up between the black symmetry or the black OB Lumen or both, anyone got either of those with Nat Tit max?
FYI about the Lumen (and I believe someone else posted about this here recently as well), mine came with wear (1-inch scratch and many scuffs near the perimeter of the back) right out of the box. Hard to capture it in a picture, but was a bit disappointed for a $50 case. Maybe that‘s just all clear, plastic-backed cases, but doesn’t seem like it will hold up well to scratches/wear long term. Was a nice looking and feeling case otherwise.

Attachments

• Lumen 1.JPG
    Lumen 1.JPG
    693.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Lumen 2.JPG
    Lumen 2.JPG
    747.6 KB · Views: 81

chillip

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2013
FYI about the Lumen (and I believe someone else posted about this here recently as well), mine came with wear (1-inch scratch and many scuffs near the perimeter of the back) right out of the box. Hard to capture it in a picture, but was a bit disappointed for a $50 case. Maybe that‘s just all clear, plastic-backed cases, but doesn’t seem like it will hold up well to scratches/wear long term. Was a nice looking and feeling case otherwise.

Always the risk with plastic like that. But should come perfect and then you scratch it.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Same material like the Defender XT Pro, SUPER scratch magnet.
If you fart near it, there will be 10 scratches. I gave up buying these clear back cases a while ago.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Gripzilla or Gripmonk?

Which one is better on the 15PM?
I’m not that picky but am loving the Gripzilla. I could do without the bumpers on the 4 corners though.

I ordered a Gripmunk as well, but you could faintly see the MagSafe ring on the back (black one), so I immediately sent it back. Wonder if that affects all colors or just black.

Reactions: Hooterville

chillip

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2013
I’m not that picky but am loving the Gripzilla. I could do without the bumpers on the 4 corners though.

I ordered a Gripmunk as well, but you could faintly see the MagSafe ring on the back (black one), so I immediately sent it back. Wonder if that affects all colors or just black.

Can’t see any MagSafe ring on mine. Not that it would bother me anyway.

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
How long did it take to get this? I can't find anything in stock but black for the 15 pro. Really want the Grey.

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
Zagg London Snap (Grey)

Ooh that looks good. I've have the grey and black version on order from Amazon for almost a month. I'll only be keeping one of the two, but with a natural titanium phone I think grey will be the one I keep. ETA is still a couple of weeks for both.

tandp74

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
IL
How long did it take to get this? I can't find anything in stock but black for the 15 pro. Really want the Grey.
Ordered direct from otterbox on 10/15. Shipped 10/16 and received 10/21. They only had black and blue in stock when I ordered. I see it on the Apple Store app for the pro max, but delivery is a month out.

pin87a

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2011
Pitaka MagEZ 4 vs Aliexpress Minimal Aramid Case

minimal_cases.jpg

iPhone 15 Pro

Both

• Pro: Great Fit
  • Pro: Very lightweight (Pitaka 19g, Aliexpress 20g)
  • Con: Fingerprints
Pitaka MagEZ 4
  • Pro: Nicely contoured camera ring
  • Con: "600d" aramid fiber looks nicer, but is slippery in comparison
  • Con: No MagSafe alignment magnet
  • Con: Logo
  • Con: Price (~$60)
  • Pro: Fast shipping from Amazon
  • Pro: Actually some sort of warranty and return policy
Aliexpress
  • Pro: "1500d" aramid fiber, visible as a larger "weave." This is supposed to be a negative according to Pitaka's marketing, but I find the "1500d" to have more of a texture and therefore provides more grip. Function over form I guess.
  • Pro: MagSafe alignment magnet
  • Pro: No branding
  • Pro: Price (~$23)
  • Con: The most generic camera ring ever made.
  • Con: Slow shipping (3 weeks)
  • Con: No real warranty or returns

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Zagg screen protectors generally suck, but I just checked out the manhattan and london snap cases from them, and they genuinely look sweet. Curious now 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.