Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
FYI about the Lumen (and I believe someone else posted about this here recently as well), mine came with wear (1-inch scratch and many scuffs near the perimeter of the back) right out of the box. Hard to capture it in a picture, but was a bit disappointed for a $50 case. Maybe that‘s just all clear, plastic-backed cases, but doesn’t seem like it will hold up well to scratches/wear long term. Was a nice looking and feeling case otherwise.
It’s certainly not all clear cases that have that issue. I’ve used several over the years and none scratched like that. I had an ESR one for my 14 Pro max and have a similar ESR one right now for my 15 Pro Max. Neither have any scratches like that. The only problem they have is that they do yellow over time.

I’ve preordered both the Caudabe Lucid Clear and the Dbrand Ghost both of which claim their cases do not yellow with the latter giving a 100% guarantee. We’ll see if they do or don’t.

Reactions: tandp74

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
For anyone with the Nomad Modern Leather Case: does the bottom where your pinky rests/charging port area feel the same as the Nomad Rugged? I hear people complain it’s not comfy because of the large cutouts but I don’t feel this way about my Rugged case and kind of want to try a modern leather if the bottom is the same level of comfort on the pinky.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Another Apple Silicone Case question: has anyone dropped their iPhone 15 while in this case? How did it fare? Seems like it provides a decent level of drop protection but I wanted to see if anyone has any first-hand experience. I very rarely drop my phone and if I do it’s from a couple feet or less so I think this case will provide decent enough protection.

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
For anyone with the Nomad Modern Leather Case: does the bottom where your pinky rests/charging port area feel the same as the Nomad Rugged? I hear people complain it’s not comfy because of the large cutouts but I don’t feel this way about my Rugged case and kind of want to try a modern leather if the bottom is the same level of comfort on the pinky.
I haven’t had any issues with it bothering my pinky.

Reactions: Joe123Joe

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
Another Apple Silicone Case question: has anyone dropped their iPhone 15 while in this case? How did it fare? Seems like it provides a decent level of drop protection but I wanted to see if anyone has any first-hand experience. I very rarely drop my phone and if I do it’s from a couple feet or less so I think this case will provide decent enough protection.
I’ve cracked only one iPhone and it was in an apple silicone case from a medium waist height drop. It really just depends on the fall surface etc. The apple silicone has a light/moderate level of protection at best.

Reactions: jkel777

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
My wife has dropped phones in the Apple silicone case. Never had any damage to the phone but the case took a hit and her screen protector broke on one occasion.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
How's the camera coverage and does it get blue from jeans?

There is about a 1mm lip that rises over the lenses. Not much but it's there. Haven't had a real chance to use the case regularly so I couldn't comment on staining yet. The couple of times I did use it going out it held up ok.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
FYI about the Lumen (and I believe someone else posted about this here recently as well), mine came with wear (1-inch scratch and many scuffs near the perimeter of the back) right out of the box. Hard to capture it in a picture, but was a bit disappointed for a $50 case. Maybe that‘s just all clear, plastic-backed cases, but doesn’t seem like it will hold up well to scratches/wear long term. Was a nice looking and feeling case otherwise.
Yes, this happened to me. I wrote them an e-mail about a warranty replacement. No questions and no proof required. They e-mailed within 24 hours they would send me a replacement case. I can't see the scratch from straight on - it's only at tilts to light that you can see it there. If the replacement comes that way - I'll go for a full refund and start elsewhere. Other than this, it's a smashing case.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 1.37.57 PM.png

IMG_0110.jpeg

Reactions: tharitm and tandp74

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
After the mess of an order from purchase, finally had a response from Decoded CS today asking for my order number. No response to that yet though.

Received my 15PM today, the leather Decoded case arrived Friday last week. First impressions are good. It’s not as thick as Apples leather case, it’s a little more svelt. It is very smooth-I had the Apple leather on my 14PM for about 9 months (the wear was awful), and this case has the same kind of smooth feel it had at that 9 month point, like it’s already worn in-but feels new-if you can make some sense of that. No pictures yet, but I’ll get some tomorrow. It’s black leather on the black Titanium, so not lots to imagine-but I have a California Poppy MagSafe wallet which looks nice against the case.

My only grumble so far is that the MagSafe isn’t as strong as Apples-the wallet does seem a little more susceptible to movement unlike the Apple case. It is still strong, but it moves with less force. I’ve also got a Saddle Brown (I think it was that name) MagSafe wallet too, both look quite nice on all black. I don’t often use the wallets though, so it’s not a deal breaker-I’ll just need to be mindful when I do.

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
I have one on now. I like that if it’s damaged, Best Buy replaces it for free. What’s wrong with Zagg? I’m not picky when it comes to screen protectors. I don’t know what to look for I guess.

Thanks
I just remember them always having a weird texture to them. This was back during the iphone 6s era though.

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
At least it matches the rest of the buttons, but that logo stuck on next to the cameras is a no-go for me, ruins the whole look of an otherwise beautiful design.
It not as noticeable in regular lighting - just wanted good lighting for the photo. Also its one damn protective case. At least a 1.5mm lip on the camera and screen. For comparison about the same as an otterbox symmetry.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpeg
    IMG_0101.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0102.jpeg
    IMG_0102.jpeg
    298.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 82

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
FineWoven if used like a normal human being is the best case out there.
There must be some quality control inconsistencies because both of mine were terrible. They had a ridiculously loose fit and air pockets that caused squeaks and pops. These were both bought early on right after they became available. Perhaps they’ve subsequently cleaned up those problems.

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
It not as noticeable in regular lighting - just wanted good lighting for the photo. Also its one damn protective case. At least a 1.5mm lip on the camera and screen. For comparison about the same as an otterbox symmetry.
You are making me want this case pretty bad! How is the material on the back? Look like it can withstand dirt, etc.?

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Picked this up from Amazon, decent and cheap ultra thin option. My only knock is that MagSafe strength is ok at best, usable but not amazing. Depends on the what you’re attaching, anything rubberized does better.

Here’s a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CD23YX6...JVWCM9XPM7SQA9WN&cafHiResImg=1&language=en-US

Really wish there was cases that offered gray or black magsafe rings. The spigen hybrid had the right idea with the graphite & black rings but their frosted version only cones with a white ring..

Reactions: vded and jplusc

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Can someone explain to me how a case like the Otterbox Symmetry can be protective when it’s so thin? Especially on the back glass? I held one in a store tonight and really liked it but have my doubts about its protection.

Reactions: maverick22
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.