Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Thank you.

I agree to an extent ref too much scrutiny, I sometime read posts and think it's way too much detail, but then also sometimes realise that it's perhaps a case of 'everyone has their thing', i.e. we all have certain aspects that bug us no end, yet to someone else it doesn't seem like an issue. I for example hate the top right corner slipping off as it seems to affect me a lot, yet my current case has a cutout for the action button and I'm fine with that when to some people that would be an absolute non-starter!

Each to their own I guess.
I think in relation to the corner coming off, I think it depends more on what I’m wearing. In my work trousers, never happened with the Apple leather: but in my jeans, did happen more frequently. I’m assuming it’s because my jeans are tight (through choice i hasten to add), so there isn’t as much wiggle room in the pocket.

On my walk today, the case hasn’t come away from the phone once in my tight jeans. I think the fact that the lip isn’t quite as big on the Decoded makes a difference.

But yes, each to their own. I’m terribly fussy over stuff that people wouldn’t think twice about-and at the end of the day, it is a £1200+ phone, so I do understand the critique. I’m glad I didn’t cancel this order though, at 22hrs in, I’m happy with it 😂

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
In other DECODED related news, finally making headway with Customer Service.

Turns out, the orange silicone case I ordered isn’t available in Europe. Doesn’t state this anywhere on the website, which is really annoying. So, I’d quite like to order an orange silicone case: and like, proper/rich orange, if anyone has any recommendations?

They have offered me free postage on any other case I want, which is great, but I don’t want any of the other cases. So, lucked out there.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
It’s a day of case reviews in my house. Just received my AExpress case. I’ve not seen a clay Apple case in the flesh, so can’t comment on the colour comparison: however, for a copy, this is pretty convincing. I’ve tried to get the colour as accurate as possible, the box colour looks brown in the photos, but it is grey. Case photos are pretty accurate though. I’d liken it to a wet cement colour rather than clay. I’m happy with it for now, I’ll see how it wears over time. Don’t get the full colour MagSafe case animation though, just the half sized wallet animation.

Attachments

• IMG_5241.jpeg
    IMG_5241.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5240.jpeg
    IMG_5240.jpeg
    670.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5242.jpeg
    IMG_5242.jpeg
    636.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5243.jpeg
    IMG_5243.jpeg
    790.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5245.jpeg
    IMG_5245.jpeg
    716.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5246.jpeg
    IMG_5246.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5247.jpeg
    IMG_5247.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 100

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Anyone get shipping notification for dbrand Ghost case? Per website, supposed to ship end of month. Per Reddit, they will start shipping this week. I preordered Ghost case for 15 Pro on 9/27.

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
Just got my Moft Snap Movas in colour Sapphire (on my 15 Pro Blue). It feels great in the palm of the hand, I love the colour, and the buttons are great. At first I was delighted with it.

But... after a day of use, the top right corner slips off far too often when I take it out my pockets, and the cutouts at the bottom are a pinky KILLER! This one's important to me - I use my phone one-handed a lot and if it's tough on the pinky I'm out sadly.

A real shame, so close to a superb case for my tastes, but the issues make it not for me.

I’d def contact Moft about that. I’ve had mine for about two weeks or so and haven’t had mine pop off a corner or anything. Probably similar to the Apple Leather where if you got one that ever so slightly had some play on the fit, it could pop off.

Reactions: swerve147

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
What is the difference between the Pitaka Black/Grey(Twill),600D, and Black/Grey(Twill),1500D?

Color? Texture?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
What is the difference between the Pitaka Black/Grey(Twill),600D, and Black/Grey(Twill),1500D?

Color? Texture?
600D is finer, softer, lighter, but more expensive to manufacture and also more flexible.

Here’s some info from Pitaka:

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
9to5Mac has a reviewvertisement of the Aulumu cases. I'm not sure how I feel about how they look. They're both cool but also slightly cheap/gaudy at the same time. Certainly unique at least.

I have some possibly unfounded concerns about dirt, grit, etc getting through the vents possibly scratching the back of the phone.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Just an update, ordered a Caudabe Sheath on Saturday, label was created on Monday, and the package started moving on Tuesday. It seems they’re finally getting caught up after being behind for a while.
What color? I ordered the Celestial Blue on October 12th and still no shipping confirmation. My email said it was a preorder only. I wonder if i get lower priority since I requested this with a free code provided after purchasing the open cutout version.

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
600D is finer, softer, lighter, but more expensive to manufacture and also more flexible.

Here’s some info from Pitaka:

Thanks for that explanation acbarn. I'm wondering if the 600D would provide less grip due to the finer weave. Difficult to tell from the images if there is any significant difference in color but I'd prefer a lighter shade with more texture so which would be a better choice?

Reactions: Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Thanks for that explanation acbarn. I'm wondering if the 600D would provide less grip due to the finer weave. Difficult to tell from the images if there is any significant difference in color but I'd prefer a lighter shade with more texture so which would be a better choice?
1500D is also very smooth; I think all aramid cases lean toward being a little slippery. Between the two it probably comes down to visual preference. The 1500D weave is more obvious, 600D is more subtle. Personally, I prefer the 1500D because of the more pronounced weave pattern. Theoretically it should also be stiffer but I doubt it makes any practical difference.

Reactions: Mr.C

Cedo_

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2020
Moft case in white came in. It also came with the wallet stand but I prefer the apple leather wallet so it is not pictured.

Buttons are very nice and tactile. No issues at all pressing them. Cutouts for speakers and charging point is perfect.

Technically not “real” leather but a case in this color I’m actually content that it won’t look dirty over time.

Feels slim and I actually prefer the feel and slimness over the bullstrap I have.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpeg
    IMG_0430.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0431.jpeg
    IMG_0431.jpeg
    581.9 KB · Views: 159

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
1500D is also very smooth; I think all aramid cases lean toward being a little slippery. Between the two it probably comes down to visual preference. The 1500D weave is more obvious, 600D is more subtle. Personally, I prefer the 1500D because of the more pronounced weave pattern. Theoretically it should also be stiffer but I doubt it makes any practical difference.
Great analysis acbarn, thanks. I think I'll go with the 1500D then along with another gray Sheath for my Titanium Black 15 Pro Max.

Reactions: Zensō

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Is there a selling / market place on this site?

Selling my Benks MagClap Armor Pro 600D for iPhone 15 PM - only used it for 5 days.

$25 shipped

okifeelthat

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Moft case in white came in. It also came with the wallet stand but I prefer the apple leather wallet so it is not pictured.

Buttons are very nice and tactile. No issues at all pressing them. Cutouts for speakers and charging point is perfect.

Technically not “real” leather but a case in this color I’m actually content that it won’t look dirty over time.

Feels slim and I actually prefer the feel and slimness over the bullstrap I have.
How the area where your pinky rests? I’m intrigued by this case

Reactions: Cedo_
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.