Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I'd be willing to try the Gripzilla if it wasn't for the heft of the case. What was it 61 grams? That's HEFTY.

kc319

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2019
Turns out, the orange silicone case I ordered isn’t available in Europe
I’m in the UK and assume things have changed in the past couple of weeks as I’ve got a Decoded orange silicone case on my 15 Pro Max - or have I missed something further back on the thread?

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
You wouldn’t happen to have a Synthesis as well, to compare? Because I’ve just about had it with struggling to remove the Synthesis. Every single dam time.

I’m going to go Moft Movas and Nomad Modern Leather. Probably going to sell the Synthesis and everything else.
That Synthesis is one tight SOB to get the phone out of :(

Reactions: Zensō

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Says the guy who, IIRC, has every color of FW case. 😂
Yeah but Ive stopped now lol. Device is over 30 days old so iPhone 15 is already an old news. Plus compared to you all I have spent less this year on cases. I have zero collection of Apple Silicone cases this year and that is a win for me.

Time to save up for Sep 2024 offerings

Reactions: dotatoc and Zensō

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
I’m in the UK and assume things have changed in the past couple of weeks as I’ve got a Decoded orange silicone case on my 15 Pro Max - or have I missed something further back on the thread?
I think their CS is all over the place. I could buy one from Amazon and it will ship to the UK, but I can’t buy one from them directly. And I’d do that, but they’ve offered me a decent discount code-they told me that they’d let me know when they’re able to ship to the UK. From the chat, it doesn’t seem it’s a stock issue, just a delivery to UK issue. Maybe they have stock, but it’s allocated to certain countries or zones? Dunno.

How are you finding the case? I’d still like to get my hands on one-I’m impressed with the quality of the leather one I have, just can’t be dealing with the fuss, more so as the AliExpress one arrived in a week!

Zedicus16

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2023
United States
Just got the Ringke Onyx with magsafe, and oh man is it flimsy. Had such great reviews but I am sending it back.

Attachments

• IMG_2514.jpeg
    IMG_2514.jpeg
    584.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2515.jpeg
    IMG_2515.jpeg
    592.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2516.jpeg
    IMG_2516.jpeg
    437.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Yeah but Ive stopped now lol. Device is over 30 days old so iPhone 15 is already an old news. Plus compared to you all I have spent less this year on cases. I have zero collection of Apple Silicone cases this year and that is a win for me.

Time to save up for Sep 2024 offerings
Just teasing’ you a bit. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Sal09

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
I wish this case had a microfiber lining on the interior but I will probably try it out anyways because I'm a sick sick sick case fiend.
Me too. I’m tired of the chase. You’ll be fine. Case is real tight.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Just got the Ringke Onyx with magsafe, and oh man is it flimsy. Had such great reviews but I am sending it back.
Agreed. Too flimsy. Wanted to love it. They need to thick this boy up and it would be great. Especially the middle where it slopes down. Not tight at all. Like me in a Magnum.

Tills13

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2023
Those that have ordered Caudabe from the UK, how long has shipment taken? Wondering if it’s worth waiting for or just getting a Mous. Dying to open my iPhone box. But wouldn’t dare.

Reactions: Hooterville

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Those that have ordered Caudabe from the UK, how long has shipment taken? Wondering if it’s worth waiting for or just getting a Mous. Dying to open my iPhone box. But wouldn’t dare.
What I did in your situation was just get a fast, cheap temporary case from Amazon until you get the case you actually want. Then return to amazon.

Reactions: Tills13

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
I got my $6.50 AliExpress clay silicone case recommended a few pages back today and it's really nice! There is a barely noticeable seam from the mold on sides and top, and it does pick up every piece of lint in my pocket on the bottom. Regardless, the nicest case I've ever felt, owned, and used for under $7 shipped. Right after I ordered it the price doubled to a whopping $14, and it'd still be a great buy at $20.

Is the legit Apple case as sensitive to lint at this knockoff one is? How does the Decoded silicone case compare?

I bought and am in the process of returning a clay Moment case that was a killer color combo with a natural titanium phone. The red Decoded silicone case could be another very good color combo unless it's super bright red. The Moment case looked really nice and felt good in my hands. However, it was very slippery so back it went.

I've never had a silicone case before and holy crap do they feel good. So long as they aren't dust and lint magnets they're going to become a staple in my case collection. I think part of the reason I like the Torras Magnetic Shockproof case so much is that it combines the grip and feel of silicone (without any attraction to dust or lint) with a frosted clear back. Shame the Magsafe ring is white on the grey version because it's damn near perfect otherwise. I did try and return a similar case with a grey ring from Aulofe, but it was a downgrade in every other way from the Torras.

Reactions: VSMacOne

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
I got my $6.50 AliExpress clay silicone case recommended a few pages back today and it's really nice! There is a barely noticeable seam from the mold on sides and top, and it does pick up every piece of lint in my pocket on the bottom. Regardless, the nicest case I've ever felt, owned, and used for under $7 shipped. Right after I ordered it the price doubled to a whopping $14, and it'd still be a great buy at $20.

Is the legit Apple case as sensitive to lint at this knockoff one is? How does the Decoded silicone case compare?

I bought and am in the process of returning a clay Moment case that was a killer color combo with a natural titanium phone. The red Decoded silicone case could be another very good color combo unless it's super bright red. The Moment case looked really nice and felt good in my hands. However, it was very slippery so back it went.

I've never had a silicone case before and holy crap do they feel good. So long as they aren't dust and lint magnets they're going to become a staple in my case collection. I think part of the reason I like the Torras Magnetic Shockproof case so much is that it combines the grip and feel of silicone (without any attraction to dust or lint) with a frosted clear back. Shame the Magsafe ring is white on the grey version because it's damn near perfect otherwise. I did try and return a similar case with a grey ring from Aulofe, but it was a downgrade in every other way from the Torras.
Yes, the official case collects dust as well. It certainly gets better over time but it is still an issue. This is my first Apple Silicone Case so I don’t have anything else to compare it to but I get tired of it pulling my pockets out every time I pull the phone out of my pocket. I like the feel of it in my hand though.

Woyly

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2011
NJ
"official" leather case from Aliexpress.

Apart from looking "genuine", nothing about the case feels genuine. lol

it is much heavier than the official silicone case that I have. (I think the leather cases are supposed to be a few grams lighter than their silicone counterparts)
I'd say the case has leather texture, but it is definitely not genuine leather. also, the buttons aren't clicky.
I guess I did get what I paid for. but I do have to say the magnetics are a bit stronger than the apple case.
I'll likely gonna switch back to my apple silicone case soon tho.

tempImageTYdm0O.png tempImage0rTbkC.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.