Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Nice! So glad you love it! It’s such a great case. I’m still rocking my gray sheath paired with blue iPhone which is such a nice contrast. The gray is probably my favorite with celestial blue being a close second. Celestial blue with natural Ti would look awesome too
Next year if Apple doesn’t move back to leather i think i’ll be ordering multiple colours of Sheath. This case is absolutely amazing.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Natural Titanium and Gray Sheath match made in heaven. More pics under natural light.

IMG_0128.jpeg
IMG_0132.jpeg
IMG_0134.jpeg

Last edited:

Asafsulam

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2020
Yea i tried that one but i was looking for a clear frosted case with a clear frame
How about this one?

Reactions: TotalMacMove

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Next year if Apple doesn’t move back to leather i think i’ll be ordering multiple colours of Sheath. This case is absolutely amazing.
I don’t see Apple ever moving back to leather. They’ve been making bold statements about doing their bit to save the environment in various ways and that won’t change. Although I still fail to see how not using leather is better for the environment. 🤔

Hansana

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2014
Spamming the AliExpress again: got some photos of the case on the phone today. Wanted to highlight the fit, plus the lighting is a bit better today, not so overcast. Shot on an iPhone 12, all unedited.

In regards to lint, yes, it does collect it, but no more than my genuine Apple Silicone did on my 12Pro a few years ago. In hand, it does feel quite smooth.

I have two MagSafe wallets: the Cali Poppy pictured, and Umber. The Cali does show the animation when I attach to the case, but for some reason, the Umber doesn’t. Both show the correct animation with the case off though, and both with my DECODED leather (both genuine Mag wallets FYI).

If this wears well, I def. have no moral issue buying another in a different colour.

The Ali express silicone cases suck. Their material is so bad it collects so much of lint and it smells bad. The Apple one is expensive but they use a much better silicone material. And the MagSafe is very weak on the Ali express ones I have tried.

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Issue with top left side. Replacement issued straight away.

View attachment 2301984
Glad to see they're back on track after getting swamped on their iPhone 15 early release issues. I had a fit problem with the first versions of the iPhone 12 Sheath model and they responded as they did with you, Sal09, sending out replacements quickly with no return requirements.

Reactions: Sal09

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
The Ali express silicone cases suck. Their material is so bad it collects so much of lint and it smells bad. The Apple one is expensive but they use a much better silicone material. And the MagSafe is very weak on the Ali express ones I have tried.
This isn’t my experience. My AliX silicone case doesn’t collect much lint at all and attaches to my MagSafe car charger and anker cube very securely. I guess it’s just different sellers.

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
This isn’t my experience. My AliX silicone case doesn’t collect much lint at all and attaches to my MagSafe car charger and anker cube very securely. I guess it’s just different sellers.
I'll second this. My case was from a seller linked a few pages back and possibly the same one you bought from (Original IP Case Store Store). There is zero smell, good Magsafe strength, and the more I use it the less susceptible to lint it becomes. There is an ever so slightly visible seam from the mold on the sides which is probably the only giveaway that it's not genuine unless the real thing also has the same seam.

Last edited:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Said for a few years now that the Sheath is the best case I've ever used. The only downside this year is that it feel a bit heavy to me? Maybe because the new Titanium iPhones are so light I really notice the weight with the Sheath. Don't notice the weight with the Apple Fine Woven as much. Still best case out there though.

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
I'll second this. My case was from a seller linked a few pages back and possibly the same one you bought from (Original IP Case Store Store). There is zero smell, good Magsafe strength, and the more I use it the less susceptible to lint it becomes. There is an every so slightly visible seam from the mold on the sides which is probably the only giveaway that it's not genuine unless the real thing also has the same seam.
Yep same seller for my cypress. Used notow for my clay one and that’s equally good.

Reactions: jldesutter83

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Mine doesn’t feel any different to that of my genuine Apple silicone case of my 12 Pro. That collected lint without it even going in a pocket.

But, that’s the gamble isn’t it. It cost £11 delivered-and with the plethora of knock-offs out there, I expect a few will hit the mark, and many, many, many cases will be like yours. I will agree, the magnet is slightly weaker: but it’s not a deal breaker.

As for the smell, I lost my sense of smell and taste because of the ol’ Rona virus 4 years ago, so I don’t notice: but just got my wife to check, she said it doesn't have any kind of odor.

Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Said for a few years now that the Sheath is the best case I've ever used. The only downside this year is that it feel a bit heavy to me? Maybe because the new Titanium iPhones are so light I really notice the weight with the Sheath. Don't notice the weight with the Apple Fine Woven as much. Still best case out there though.
I’ve burned through a bunch of cases this year and so far, for me, the Pitaka Pro wins for precision fit and attention to the smallest details (the only minus being the usual aramid fingerprints). I have a Sheath coming this weekend, I’m looking forward to finding out if it can dethrone the Pitaka.

IMG_1796.jpeg

Last edited:

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
I’ve burned through a bunch of cases this year and so far, for me, the Pitaka Pro wins for precision fit and attention to the smallest details (the only minus being the usual aramid fingerprints). I have a Sheath coming this weekend, I’m looking forward to finding out if it can dethrone the Pitaka.

View attachment 2302060
I've toyed around with getting one as well. I currently have the Sheath and I'll be curious to see what you think.

Reactions: Djones96 and Zensō

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010

View attachment 2302060
Yeah, I love Pitaka but just can't live with the damn fingerprints!

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010

Tills13

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2023
Also curious to know if you are all about the Caudabe for the aesthetics of it or the durability had you have to drop your phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.