Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

codeunrwolfpack

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
Also curious to know if you are all about the Caudabe for the aesthetics of it or the durability had you have to drop your phone?
I accidentally left my iPhone 14 Pro Max on top of my car and drove off not knowing I forgot to take my phone in. It fell off my car going 50 MPH into the street and when I found my phone it was pristine. No cracks, no marks, nothing. The case was scratched to heck, but the phone was perfect.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I accidentally left my iPhone 14 Pro Max on top of my car and drove off not knowing I forgot to take my phone in. It fell off my car going 50 MPH into the street and when I found my phone it was pristine. No cracks, no marks, nothing. The case was scratched to heck, but the phone was perfect.
Would love to see a photo of the case.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Also curious to know if you are all about the Caudabe for the aesthetics of it or the durability had you have to drop your phone?
For me, a mixture of both. I am pretty careful with my phone, and rarely drop it, but I know if I did drop it, my phone would survive. That, and I think both the Sheath and Synthesis are 2 very aesthetically pleasing cases.

Reactions: Tills13

codeunrwolfpack

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
Would love to see a photo of the case.
I threw it out and bought another one after it happened. :-( The corners were very scratched up and dented in, but like I said the phone was in perfect condition. I was shocked. You couldn't tell anything had happened when I took my phone out of the case.

Reactions: Zensō

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
More than 24 Hours passed and im still running Sheath. The magsafe ring on the outside is becoming less noticeable too. Apple magsafe wallet is doing some kind of trickery.

£260 worth Finewoven cases are all boxed up lol.

IMG_0138.jpeg

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Hey @Sal09 So talk me into a fine woven case? What is so good about them that you like them so much?
They are light.
The sides are curved hence.
They feel so nice in hand.
They fit like glove on your iPhone.
The buttons are clicky.
The back to me feel soft and luxurious.
I like the two tone colour combo of the case.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I'm about to list the Benks ArmorPro for iPhone 15 Pro on the Marketplace if you are interested. Used it maybe 3 days.
Thanks for the offer, but I’m overloaded with cases at the moment. Good luck with your sale.

Reactions: pk0

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
They are light.
The buttons are clicky.
Agree with you. Got mine delivered today. No a daily driver case, but I like it.

Reactions: julit0

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
They are light.
The buttons are clicky.

This all sounds good. I have a 15PM in Nat Titanium. Which color would you think looks best? I am also hoping for a sale on Amazon at some point.

Reactions: julit0

ChrisRRR

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2023
Some updates on cases….

UAG reached out to me and they will be correcting the 15 lineup of cases to include a button and should be corrected in about 4 week.

Spoke with Andar and they are still collecting feedback and I’ve stated to them it’s hard to recommend the Aspen when better options release with the button. It’s honestly a no go with the button. Told them that people are jumping ship going to other leather brands and they need to react quickly. Will keep you guys posted if I hear more.

Trying to be a voice to get these cases fixed to give us the best options available.
Did they mention something about fixing the mag safe strength being on the weakish side on the monarch series?

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
I know a lot of people are in a similar boat to me so thought I'd ask...

I can't decide between two cases for the Natural Titanium:

- Apple Silicone case (Clay)
- Caudabe Sheath (Gray)

I know both look great with the Natural Titanium but I really can't decide. Any opinions to help sway me either way?

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023

- Caudabe Sheath (Gray)

I know both look great with the Natural Titanium but I really can't decide. Any opinions to help sway me either way?
This is why I got a black max I always buy black/dark cases, boring for some but works for me lol
Nearly got Nat tit swapped at last minute.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022

- Caudabe Sheath (Gray)

Both are great looking cases and would match well with the Natural Titanium, but I think it comes down to preference of material that both cases use. The Apple silicone is quite a bit lighter, but it is just that, Silicone. Whether or not you can live with that, that's up to you. It attracts quite a bit of lint, and can be a bit cumbersome to pull out of your shorts/pants pocket. The sheath, is a slightly heavier case, but does not add too much bulk IMO. If you've never used a Sheath before, the texture is more of an "eggshell" type of texture, which in my opinion is very comfortable to hold and provides great grip. It fits the phone perfectly. If you have ever used a oneplus phone, the grip is very similar to their Sandstone case. Also, it would provide much better protection than the silicone, and would fair a lot better in the long run.

Sorry for the novel, if you want my recommendation, I would say the Caudabe Sheath, or maybe even the Caudabe Synthesis since they just released that case in the Gray color. (I own Sheath, Synthesis, Silicone all in Gray).

antisomnic

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2012
Rochester, NY

My box says "Defender Pro XT" I can't seem to find that existing online. Not sure if it's a new line or not. When I google the difference it says that the Pro XT has long lasting antimicrobial protection.

I've had this case for a few days and I feel like it's the perfect balance of protection and lightness. It's 2 piece like the Defender Pro, but is clear and MagSafe compatible. The sides are very grippy. It comes with a lanyard loop if you're so inclined (I am not). It's the ONLY clear case I've ever purchased that didn't attract a crap ton of dust the second I put it on making it look very dirty.

Biggest summation is it's a very light case but I can tell it's very protective.

Reactions: rmadsen3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.