Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
I’ve burned through a bunch of cases this year and so far, for me, the Pitaka Pro wins for precision fit and attention to the smallest details (the only minus being the usual aramid fingerprints). I have a Sheath coming this weekend, I’m looking forward to finding out if it can dethrone the Pitaka.

View attachment 2302060
I really like mine also!

Reactions: Zensō

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Both are great looking cases and would match well with the Natural Titanium, but I think it comes down to preference of material that both cases use. The Apple silicone is quite a bit lighter, but it is just that, Silicone. Whether or not you can live with that, that's up to you. It attracts quite a bit of lint, and can be a bit cumbersome to pull out of your shorts/pants pocket. The sheath, is a slightly heavier case, but does not add too much bulk IMO. If you've never used a Sheath before, the texture is more of an "eggshell" type of texture, which in my opinion is very comfortable to hold and provides great grip. It fits the phone perfectly. If you have ever used a oneplus phone, the grip is very similar to their Sandstone case. Also, it would provide much better protection than the silicone, and would fair a lot better in the long run.

Sorry for the novel, if you want my recommendation, I would say the Caudabe Sheath, or maybe even the Caudabe Synthesis since they just released that case in the Gray color. (I own Sheath, Synthesis, Silicone all in Gray).
Thanks - no need to apologise, it's good to hear an in-depth opinion.

I've used/owned the Sheath for my last few phones, I enjoy it - the texture/grip, the minimalist look etc but I really like the look of the Clay silicone in combination with the Natural Ti.

My gray Sheath is coming next week so I'll see how it goes with that, I think I'm leaning towards it.

Reactions: Djones96

Woyly

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2011
NJ
Spamming the AliExpress again: got some photos of the case on the phone today. Wanted to highlight the fit, plus the lighting is a bit better today, not so overcast. Shot on an iPhone 12, all unedited.

In regards to lint, yes, it does collect it, but no more than my genuine Apple Silicone did on my 12Pro a few years ago. In hand, it does feel quite smooth.

I have two MagSafe wallets: the Cali Poppy pictured, and Umber. The Cali does show the animation when I attach to the case, but for some reason, the Umber doesn’t. Both show the correct animation with the case off though, and both with my DECODED leather (both genuine Mag wallets FYI).

If this wears well, I def. have no moral issue buying another in a different colour.
are the buttons clicky?

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
My photo memories reminded me that i will never get over this combo.

IMG_0027.jpeg

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom

I've used/owned the Sheath for my last few phones, I enjoy it - the texture/grip, the minimalist look etc but I really like the look of the Clay silicone in combination with the Natural Ti.

My gray Sheath is coming next week so I'll see how it goes with that, I think I'm leaning towards it.
Get both 🙂.

If you trying to save dollars just avoid buying coffee from any barista or avoid ordering capsules for your home machine for a week or two lol.

They both are worth it in their own way but they definitely look hot with Natural Titanium.

p.s on the plus side less caffeine better sleeping habits.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022

I think you made the right choice, but let me know what you think of the Gray Sheath when you get it. Like I said, I don't think you can go wrong with either combo. The clay silicone combo looks great, but for me, I much prefer the useability of the sheath over the silicone texture.
Get both 🙂.
Or there's this option too lol. I couldn't decide, so I got both for my White Titanium. Best of both worlds ;)

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
You guys must be getting the sheaths cheap, they are $75AUD shipped here now. Hard to cop lol
I'm in the UK and $75AUD shipped works out to around £39. I usually pay around £34 ($65AUD) shipped - do you use the CHECKOUT discount code? I think that's around 20% off.

Although by bank charge me around £1 separately for a non-GBP transaction too :rolleyes:

Reactions: Surfsalot

itsmehuey

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2019
Finally got my Nomad Rugged (Ultra Orange) replaced. The replacement has no issues with the action button compared to my initial one received. Love the orange!

EDIT: added photo because the orange deserves one. sitting alongside the sexy Moft Snap MOVAS in white.

IMG_0318.jpeg

Last edited:

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Anyone have the Pitaka MagEz can speak on how their titanium band is holding up because of the open sides? I really want that minimal case but don’t want to scratch my titanium all up!
Yes have the “over the horizon” case and love it!! It has a bumpy little grip on the back. I use it when at work or just doing day to day stuff. Phone is still too new ha! But like with my iPhone 14 Pro Max it will be my go to case. My only complaint is the ez ring they make doesn’t connect that tight to the case.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Moft Movas case in Misty Cove color with the white titanium iPhone 😍 case feels nice and light in the hands, and the vegan leather feels great in the hand. Fit feels as tight as the Caudabe cases, buttons are nice and clicky. Will see if it can stay clean enough to be my daily case. Overall though, I love it.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0047.jpeg
    IMG_0047.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 126

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Thanks man. I will go with black then. Will let you know when I pull the trigger on one, thanks
I got black although it's a more dark charcoal, looks and feels great, very light, no phone yet to try though lol
I nearly got nat tit but changed to black max at last minute as was in stock from telco.

Mine came with a mark on the side, rang apple and they said I could have another one sent or refund and keep it, said refund, after the call I put some spit on it and it came off lol
Guy said they are getting a lot of returns.

Reactions: VaderRulez

itsmehuey

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2019
Moft Movas case in Misty Cove color with the white titanium iPhone 😍 case feels nice and light in the hands, and the vegan leather feels great in the hand. Fit feels as tight as the Caudabe cases, buttons are nice and clicky. Will see if it can stay clean enough to be my daily case. Overall though, I love it.
completely agree it's an amazing feeling case. so nice to hold and so lightweight! and dont get me started on the buttons, they're amongst some of the best I've felt on a case!!! the speaker cutouts on the bottom aren't such a deal breaker either. I got both white and black and just keep going back to the white!

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
completely agree it's an amazing feeling case. so nice to hold and so lightweight! and dont get me started on the buttons, they're amongst some of the best I've felt on a case!!! the speaker cutouts on the bottom aren't such a deal breaker either. I got both white and black and just keep going back to the white!
Good choice on keeping the white! It’s a beautiful color. Which color iPhone do you have? I love the buttons! Very premium feeling, and I love how lightweight it is

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.