Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Anyone have the Pitaka MagEz can speak on how their titanium band is holding up because of the open sides? I really want that minimal case but don’t want to scratch my titanium all up!

Reactions: Ramrod82

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
It appears the MagSafe indentation in the back of the Sheath is considered normal as it’s apparent even in this Caudabe advert.

IMG_3855.jpeg

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Anyone have the Pitaka MagEz can speak on how their titanium band is holding up because of the open sides? I really want that minimal case but don’t want to scratch my titanium all up!
No damage or marks on mine (blue). I've never dropped it...obviously the more exposed sides won't protect against all falls, but no issues to far with every day "wear and tear."

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
My leather Keyway case in Slate. The leather's still slippery, but so was my Apple leather case when I first got it, which got grippier over time.

Side note: Coming from an iPhone 11 PM, I am still adjusting to these new phones not laying flat on the table.

IMG_0018.jpeg

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Just had a black FW delivered for my black 15 max. I cant believe how light this case is, it's 15 grams lighter than my 14 pro mous and sheath. Feels great, magsafe excellent, will be better than apples leather for our humid climate here, they were a sticky mess. Black is more dark charcoal.
I like it.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Benks or Pitaka, the eternal question.

I’ll let you know first hand soon enough:

The ArmorAir is not available on Amazon, so had to order it direct Benks (ships from China - DHL to USPS). Delivery time approx. 5-10 business days. I placed the order last Thursday. Latest tracking: Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item. Ugh, hate waiting...

Reactions: Zensō

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
Anyone using the Phone Rebel case? I haven't seen it mentioned much in this topic. Just wondering if anyone can provide an updated review of how it's holding up. I don't have any previous experience with their cases, but I'm thinking about trying out the frosted version if it's ever released.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
My leather Keyway case in Slate. The leather's still slippery, but so was my Apple leather case when I first got it, which got grippier over time.

Side note: Coming from an iPhone 11 PM, I am still adjusting to these new phones not laying flat on the table.

View attachment 2302141
I tried to order this exact case when it was back in stock but was too late. I really like the look of it but your color looks a little different compared to the website. Would you say it has a more brownish hue to it?
How do you like the case?

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
Spamming the AliExpress again: got some photos of the case on the phone today. Wanted to highlight the fit, plus the lighting is a bit better today, not so overcast. Shot on an iPhone 12, all unedited.

In regards to lint, yes, it does collect it, but no more than my genuine Apple Silicone did on my 12Pro a few years ago. In hand, it does feel quite smooth.

I have two MagSafe wallets: the Cali Poppy pictured, and Umber. The Cali does show the animation when I attach to the case, but for some reason, the Umber doesn’t. Both show the correct animation with the case off though, and both with my DECODED leather (both genuine Mag wallets FYI).

If this wears well, I def. have no moral issue buying another in a different colour.
Do you have a link to that wallpaper? That looks nice.

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Anyone using the Phone Rebel case? I haven't seen it mentioned much in this topic. Just wondering if anyone can provide an updated review of how it's holding up. I don't have any previous experience with their cases, but I'm thinking about trying out the frosted version if it's ever released.
This case has been discussed a ton here in this thread. Try searching.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
I tried to order this exact case when it was back in stock but was too late. I really like the look of it but your color looks a little different compared to the website. Would you say it has a more brownish hue to it?
How do you like the case?
Yeah, the color is not represented well on their website. It is a taupe/brown-grey case.

I've only had the case for a few days, but I like it so far. Leather feels great, buttons are great, and full coverage all around. Love the color, it pairs very well with the natural titanium.

My only ding would be the dumb X branding, but I got over it pretty quickly and now I just see it as a small quirk.

Reactions: reyalP
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.