Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
"official" leather case from Aliexpress.

Apart from looking "genuine", nothing about the case feels genuine. lol

it is much heavier than the official silicone case that I have. (I think the leather cases are supposed to be a few grams lighter than their silicone counterparts)
I'd say the case has leather texture, but it is definitely not genuine leather. also, the buttons aren't clicky.
I guess I did get what I paid for. but I do have to say the magnetics are a bit stronger than the apple case.
I'll likely gonna switch back to my apple silicone case soon tho.

View attachment 2301478 View attachment 2301477
I got one of these cases and the more I use it the “clickier” the buttons get. Mine feels really nice the more I’m using it as well. I’m very satisfied with my purchase and might even try to find other colors.

Reactions: Woyly and noiceT

CaramelSky

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
Waiting on a Caudabe Sheath in blue and Andar Aspen in Navy to be shipped.

Been using Apple silicone storm blue since launch. Tbh love the Apple silicone cases, anyone else in that camp?

kc319

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2019
How are you finding the case? I’d still like to get my hands on one-I’m impressed with the quality of the leather one I have, just can’t be dealing with the fuss, more so as the AliExpress one arrived in a week!
It’s fine. I’m swapping cases round quite a lot atm and I definitely prefer the Decoded leather. When I was wearing shorts it was really good. Now the weather has cooled and I’m back in jeans the silicone case is proving to be a real lint (or any other pocket crap) magnet.

Reactions: Danorak81

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
To the people with a LONLI leather case - how long did it take to receive Yours? I did order my LONLI Edition on the 17th of October through amazon and no updates since then. It says it should come on the 4th of November, but honestly I do not think it will happen. I am thinking about cancelling the order and order the Mujjo one instead 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
2e45f8c3b83c4e252007c6d551cce0af.jpg

a3186cd0313cd4b7f7b3a7dab6084449.jpg

8d7790cf1fa2bb2ebd718e2ce80b2e54.jpg

b7c007f6285305cc566b44052c89dee3.jpg

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Bare Cases has started promoting their new leather cases, and omg 😍
A word of warning - Bare's customer service is shocking. I wanted to return a case and it took multiple weeks and multiple email chasers from me for them even to reply once, then when they did I'd reply instantly but again it would be days. Yet you can't initiate a return yourself - it says you have to email them, then before they'd give me returns info they made me email a picture of the product to them! Really unimpressed to the point where I'll never consider ordering from them afain.

I’m in the UK and assume things have changed in the past couple of weeks as I’ve got a Decoded orange silicone case on my 15 Pro Max - or have I missed something further back on the thread?
How is the silicone Decoded case in terms of 'lint gathering', is it about the same as Apple's silicone, or one of the 'smooth' silicone types that doesn't?

Those that have ordered Caudabe from the UK, how long has shipment taken? Wondering if it’s worth waiting for or just getting a Mous. Dying to open my iPhone box. But wouldn’t dare.
I've ordered a Caudabe Sheath for my 15 Pro on Friday 20th October around midday UK time and paid for the express delivery, it shipped about 4pm that day, and was delivered by FedEx on Tuesday 24th. I know I'd paid for express delivery, but I was impressed! Particularly so because it was the button cover version which, when I ordered, said it was a 'pre-order item' i.e. not currently in stock, so didn't see that coming at all.

Reactions: Tills13

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Loving the feel of this Sheath in my hands. Really nice case but I have a minor fitting issue. I keep pushing in place but the case keeps pulling away. Ive emailed their support.

IMG_0127.jpeg

Reactions: Zensō

itsmehuey

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2019
IMG_0530.jpeg
IMG_0315.jpeg
IMG_0314.jpeg

So my replacement white Moft Snap MOVAS (or should I say missing case from my original order) finally came in. Am seriously liking the colour of it compared to the black one I got as well. Will definitely be using both though on different occasions. Same amazingly soft feel as the black and same clicky / tactile feeling buttons. No issues with the cutouts on the bottom causing discomfort holding one handed.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Is there an indentation around the MagSafe ring straight out of the box? Yikes.
Yup but you can only see it in different lighting or angles.

I use my wallet mostly so im ok with that. Plus its a wide spread issue not just limited to my case.

My issue is the fitting of this case is not right. Hopefully they will replace/exchange it for me. But as a first time Caudabe user im loving this case and will defo preorder for iPhone 16 Pro.

Thanks @JBlass421 and @KentuckyHouse 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: JBlass421

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Spamming the AliExpress again: got some photos of the case on the phone today. Wanted to highlight the fit, plus the lighting is a bit better today, not so overcast. Shot on an iPhone 12, all unedited.

In regards to lint, yes, it does collect it, but no more than my genuine Apple Silicone did on my 12Pro a few years ago. In hand, it does feel quite smooth.

I have two MagSafe wallets: the Cali Poppy pictured, and Umber. The Cali does show the animation when I attach to the case, but for some reason, the Umber doesn’t. Both show the correct animation with the case off though, and both with my DECODED leather (both genuine Mag wallets FYI).

If this wears well, I def. have no moral issue buying another in a different colour.

Attachments

• IMG_2411.jpeg
    IMG_2411.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2412.jpeg
    IMG_2412.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2409.jpeg
    IMG_2409.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2414.jpeg
    IMG_2414.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2407.jpeg
    IMG_2407.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2408.jpeg
    IMG_2408.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 107

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Spamming the AliExpress again: got some photos of the case on the phone today. Wanted to highlight the fit, plus the lighting is a bit better today, not so overcast. Shot on an iPhone 12, all unedited.

In regards to lint, yes, it does collect it, but no more than my genuine Apple Silicone did on my 12Pro a few years ago. In hand, it does feel quite smooth.

I have two MagSafe wallets: the Cali Poppy pictured, and Umber. The Cali does show the animation when I attach to the case, but for some reason, the Umber doesn’t. Both show the correct animation with the case off though, and both with my DECODED leather (both genuine Mag wallets FYI).

If this wears well, I def. have no moral issue buying another in a different colour.
Ali Express are poor with return and refund. I had to open paypal dispute. Seller have had my return for over 7 days and now ignoring my messages. Ali Express CS not helping at all.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Yup but you can only see it in different lighting or angles.

I use my wallet mostly so im ok with that. Plus its a wide spread issue not just limited to my case.

My issue is the fitting of this case is not right. Hopefully they will replace/exchange it for me. But as a first time Caudabe user im loving this case and will defo preorder for iPhone 16 Pro.

Thanks @JBlass421 and @KentuckyHouse

Nice! So glad you love it! It’s such a great case. I’m still rocking my gray sheath paired with blue iPhone which is such a nice contrast. The gray is probably my favorite with celestial blue being a close second. Celestial blue with natural Ti would look awesome too

• Love
Reactions: Djones96 and Sal09

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Ali Express are poor with return and refund. I had to open paypal dispute. Seller have had my return for over 7 days and now ignoring my messages. Ali Express CS not helping at all.
I just purchased with low expectations, but after seeing some of the images of others I was happy to take a punt. For the minimal cost, I was prepared to take a gamble knowing that if I needed customer service or a return, it’d be nigh-on impossible to get anywhere.

chrisf60647

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
15Pm inbound on Friday. Any good case suggestions? Looking for the following:

- Slim
- Magsafe
- No magsafe ring on the back
- minimal logo
- reasonable cost

Thanks!

machopeful

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
IMG_1301.jpeg
IMG_1298.jpeg
Apologies for the crap iPad photos, but I’mreally enjoying the caudabe lucid clear with the blue MagSafe ring. It’s such a clean, minimal look and pairs well with any MagSafe wallet. (Side note - I think fine woven is a much better material for wallets than it is for cases.)

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
View attachment 2301808 View attachment 2301807 Apologies for the crap iPad photos, but I’mreally enjoying the caudabe lucid clear with the blue MagSafe ring. It’s such a clean, minimal look and pairs well with any MagSafe wallet. (Side note - I think fine woven is a much better material for wallets than it is for cases.)
Oh that Taupe wallet looks so sweet 😍

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
The Ringke Fusion-X Magnetic is finally available (almost, place holding but no stock on Amazon UK).

The Fusion-X was my fave for a few generations before MagSafe came so am looking forward to getting another.
Will have to find a way to block all the lanyard holes though, lol.

Hoping with the hard back it will make it stronger than this years flimsy Onyx.

Will update my thoughts on it when it ships/I receive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.