Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

itsmehuey

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2019
Good choice on keeping the white! It’s a beautiful color. Which color iPhone do you have? I love the buttons! Very premium feeling, and I love how lightweight it is
I have the black titanium. I was tossing up between the natural titanium and the black, but opted for the black because I have a feeling I would get bored of the lighter colour of the natural titanium.. I love everything matte black!

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I have the black titanium. I was tossing up between the natural titanium and the black, but opted for the black because I have a feeling I would get bored of the lighter colour of the natural titanium.. I love everything matte black!
Ah so you’ll match the white case with your black iPhone, awesome combo! I had the space black last year so went white this year 😝

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois

My box says "Defender Pro XT" I can't seem to find that existing online. Not sure if it's a new line or not. When I google the difference it says that the Pro XT has long lasting antimicrobial protection.

I've had this case for a few days and I feel like it's the perfect balance of protection and lightness. It's 2 piece like the Defender Pro, but is clear and MagSafe compatible. The sides are very grippy. It comes with a lanyard loop if you're so inclined (I am not). It's the ONLY clear case I've ever purchased that didn't attract a crap ton of dust the second I put it on making it look very dirty.

Biggest summation is it's a very light case but I can tell it's very protective.
I have the pink/glitter version of this for my 15 Pro Max and I love it!

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Get both 🙂.

If you trying to save dollars just avoid buying coffee from any barista or avoid ordering capsules for your home machine for a week or two lol.

They both are worth it in their own way but they definitely look hot with Natural Titanium.

p.s on the plus side less caffeine better sleeping habits.
Phone cases over coffee?! That’s a pass for me.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
So I received my replacement caudabe synthesis today, as my first had magnet issues.

Took two weeks to arrive in the UK, and they took over two weeks to ship it. So I’ve waited a month and….its the wrong colour. 🙈

Can’t say I’ll be in any hurry to order from caudabe in future.

Last edited:

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
So I received my replacement caudabe synthesis today, as my first had magnet issues.

Took two weeks to arrive in the UK, and they took over two weeks to ship it. So I’ve waited a month and….its the wrong colour. 🙈

Magnets ok though?

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Both are great looking cases and would match well with the Natural Titanium, but I think it comes down to preference of material that both cases use. The Apple silicone is quite a bit lighter, but it is just that, Silicone. Whether or not you can live with that, that's up to you. It attracts quite a bit of lint, and can be a bit cumbersome to pull out of your shorts/pants pocket. The sheath, is a slightly heavier case, but does not add too much bulk IMO. If you've never used a Sheath before, the texture is more of an "eggshell" type of texture, which in my opinion is very comfortable to hold and provides great grip. It fits the phone perfectly. If you have ever used a oneplus phone, the grip is very similar to their Sandstone case. Also, it would provide much better protection than the silicone, and would fair a lot better in the long run.

Sorry for the novel, if you want my recommendation, I would say the Caudabe Sheath, or maybe even the Caudabe Synthesis since they just released that case in the Gray color. (I own Sheath, Synthesis, Silicone all in Gray).

I would agree and just add that your skin will make a difference in what you find comfortable, in my opinion. The Apple silicone cases grip because of the material of the case, itself. The sheath grips to your hand because of the texture of the case. The material of the sheath is not tacky at all.

I’ve had multiple Caudabe cases, including multiple Sheaths over the years. As you’ve said, they’re very durable. My only dislike is that when my hands are dry, the texture feels too rough for me. Smaller criticism is that they have gotten noticeably heavier because of MagSafe, but I suppose that’s a mixed blessing.

I am 100% sure the Sheath will far outlast the Apple Silicone. Other than that, I think it’s just preference.

Reactions: Djones96

MaxProElite

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2023
IMG_0730.png

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
****SOLD****SOLD****

Brand New Caudabe Synthesis Button Cover case in Gray for the 15 Pro Max.

$35.00 Shipped with tracking, Payment via PayPal Only !

Last edited:
Reactions: AE14

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
FOR SALE:

Brand New Caudabe Synthesis Button Cover case in Gray for the 15 Pro Max.

$35.00 Shipped with tracking, Payment via PayPal Only !

I can ship it out this morning if paid right away.

How come you’re selling all your Synthesis cases? Just curious

Latch6044

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
Really like the orange (apricot) silicone, how is the case holding up? Is it grippy enough and does it attract much fluff?

Holding up great. I swap weekly between this and the leather. Grip hasn’t changed, leather one is a bit more grippy. No issues whatsoever with fluff. Would be noticeable enough with the colour.

Reactions: duckson

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
To each their own, but cutouts don’t make or break a case for me 🤷🏻‍♀️ action button cutout, yes, but the moft cutouts are fine by me.
I hear you, but man those cutouts aren't even in the right ballpark. How did they mess up so badly? Or do you think you just need to install it a different way?

Reactions: Hooterville

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023

This is why I stopped buying from OS and Caudabe, too long shipping to AU, and price.
My 14 pro sheath I got here off eBay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.