Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vded

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2021
Guys I’m searching for the thinnest clear case (not frost) for the 15 Pro, MagSafe or not, with anti yellowing.

3 years in a row (with 3 different iPhones) I’m using the Torras MagSafe clear but it’s quite bulky.

Any recommendation?

Reactions: AVBeatMan

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I ordered one of these Vaja systems...I'll report back when it's delivered: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/vaja-v-mag-case-and-wallet-iphone-15-pro-max.2408895/
My wife got that this year. The V-mag one. Extremely well made, just like her last Vaja Portfolio case. Yesterday, though her phone did fall out of the V-Mag portfolio case (phone with Vaja separate leather case on it). Not sure how, but that could be a disadvantage of the V-Mag portfolio case compared to their normal one.

Luckily phone is still perfect, but was not expecting that. Vaja makes great cases. Surprised don’t see more people get them on here, but they are extremely pricey, but leather quality is top notch.

They also have a new V-Mag wallet this year. Looks interesting, but not sure why they just did not make a normal mag-safe wallet, as it would appeal to more users and not just their V-Mag system. Odd choice.

Reactions: ibookemo

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I was supposed to get it on Tuesday but they pulled some strings and I’m supposed to get it this morning. If that’s the case I wouldn’t be able to drop the video until Monday still.

If you get it this morning are you going to post an initial impression today?

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Gotcha man. This is a hyped case and hope it lives up to the hype.

Mannnn you and me both. This is easily the most hyped up and anticipated case for the iPhone 15 series for sure. By all the details and information they sent on the case, it looks like it’s going to be a good one. I’m going to run it as my daily for awhile. Starting today.

If you get it this morning are you going to post an initial impression today?

Yeah for sure. I told them to send me two so I can go ahead and unbox it and get pictures and then save the other one for the unboxing video.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Mannnn you and me both. This is easily the most hyped up and anticipated case for the iPhone 15 series for sure. By all the details and information they sent on the case, it looks like it’s going to be a good one. I’m going to run it as my daily for awhile. Starting today.

Yeah for sure. I told them to send me two so I can go ahead and unbox it and get pictures and then save the other one for the unboxing video.
I ordered one for my Pixel 8 Pro and am waiting but look forward to your review on the iPhone before I pull the trigger

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnicallyTee

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
But yet people wanted a lighter phone, it’s 15 grams heavier than the apple case, or 14 pro sheath is actually 13 grams heavier than Apple 15 pro max FW, have both here, makes a diff in the pocket. The gym analogy is old hat lol, maybe you use a man bag :)
You are very defensive about the sheath, it’s just a phone case.
If you think the sheath is “heavy” you got other problems on your plate. I won’t even get into this with you, just tired of seeing you hate on the sheath in every thread I go to.
You’re right, it is just a phone case, and your opinion is that you don’t like the case, and that’s fine. I’m going to enjoy my weekend and suggest you do the same 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: Shark5150

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
I’m almost a week in using the DECODED black leather, it’s been off a couple of times to use my (knock off) silicone, but so far, so good.

It remains pretty clean regardless of what I seem to be doing. I’ve had my Apple MagWallet on a couple of times and it hasn’t moved about as much as I’d thought, although you can tell it’s not quite as secure as an Apple case combo would be (I’d say it’s about 85%).

I have given it a small bit of leather conditioner just because I could, but so far, feels nice to hold, doesn’t hurt my finger, slides in and out of the pocket easily: and (I haven’t weighed it), it doesn’t feel heavier than my 14PM with the Apple leather case on-I still feel like I have my lighter 15PM.

So far, a thumbs up from me.

::Edit:: And to add, a (good!) few pages ago, there was some light discussion about the top right corner pushing off/coming away from the phone-I’ve not experienced that in any way in the time I’ve been using it.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Got the Ringke Fusion-X Magnetic today. Maaaan, I so wanted to love this case.
Looks amazing, feels amazing, but the sides are so weak. They pull away so easy I have zero confidence in protection if dropped. Needs a higher lip to match the one they gave it top and bottom and make it in a stiffer material or coat a stiff pc shell like most others do. Great camera protection and very strong MagSafe but those sides let it down terribly.

Shame but it's going back.

Still got the Spigen Enzo on and alternate with the Benks Armor Pro. Gave the Sheath a go again but just can't get past the ugly magnets indent.
Want to try the UAG Urban Armor Gear case when they add the Action button.

Reactions: Zedicus16

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Tee, has the Ghost Case but he has gone "Ghost" on providing any pictures :confused:

View attachment 2303541

MIne still says preorder and not processing yet, so def not part of any first batch being sent out...I did get the skin though to complete this look....and this pic you see didn't have the action button covered so who knows lol

22OrJGE.jpg

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Tee, has the Ghost Case but he has gone "Ghost" on providing any pictures :confused:

View attachment 2303541
I was supposed to get an additional one but I was only sent one which is cool. So since o have 1, I want to save my initial reactions until I do the video. I’m also don’t shoot videos on the weekends since that’s family time and I actually am in the process of putting my son to sleep.

I’m not getting ghost, I still have other responsibilities. If he sleeps for a bit, I’m going to try to knock the video out here in a few since this is a hot case. If not then it will wait until Monday.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
How's the Enzo in your opinion?

I don't have the phone yet but this case is among my favourites for when I'll get it.

Love it. It's classy with the shiny silver camera ring, logo and buttons and the fit is top notch. Feels good in the hand but maybe lacking grip at first but that does get better with use and not a problem at all for me.
The rear will need regular cleaning as all aramid cases do and the magnets are super strong. Strongest I've ever used with ANY iPhone case and I've tried a fair few.

I do like the Benks Armor Pro about the same and is a good alternative if you want a stealthier look than the Enzo.
The 600d aramid feels nicer on the Benks also.

Reactions: Mr.C and steferrari
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.