Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Mannnn you and me both. This is easily the most hyped up and anticipated case for the iPhone 15 series for sure. By all the details and information they sent on the case, it looks like it’s going to be a good one. I’m going to run it as my daily for awhile. Starting today.

Yeah for sure. I told them to send me two so I can go ahead and unbox it and get pictures and then save the other one for the unboxing video.

So what’s the initial impression? Just a “wow lived up to the hype” or disappointed.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I am finally getting my hands on the Pro Max after selling my 15 Pro (issued the bigger battery and screen)

What's the best case for the 15 Pro Max for comfort and protection?

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Can't decide between the the Synthesis or the Sheath.
which one slimer? What I mean is which one is closer to having a "naked" Iphone?
Kinda like the Synthesis because of the more "squarish" finish but I think it's more bulky than the Sheath?

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Can't decide between the the Synthesis or the Sheath.
which one slimer? What I mean is which one is closer to having a "naked" Iphone?
Kinda like the Synthesis because of the more "squarish" finish but I think it's more bulky than the Sheath?

I have both, yes the Sheath is slimmer. It also has (marginally) better/clickier buttons.

Reactions: Sparxxx

MaxProElite

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2023
Wow the value of the phone rebel can not be touched. Loving so far, not as slippery in the back as Mous IMG_0755.jpeg IMG_0756.jpeg IMG_0754.jpeg

Zedicus16

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2023
United States
Got the Ringke Fusion-X Magnetic today. Maaaan, I so wanted to love this case.
Looks amazing, feels amazing, but the sides are so weak. They pull away so easy I have zero confidence in protection if dropped. Needs a higher lip to match the one they gave it top and bottom and make it in a stiffer material or coat a stiff pc shell like most others do. Great camera protection and very strong MagSafe but those sides let it down terribly.

Shame but it's going back.

Still got the Spigen Enzo on and alternate with the Benks Armor Pro. Gave the Sheath a go again but just can't get past the ugly magnets indent.
Want to try the UAG Urban Armor Gear case when they add the Action button.
I’m glad I didn’t try that one, I was really wanting to like the onyx but it’s just so flimsy, it’s too bad they didn’t beef up the sides on the fusion-x.

I also have the Enzo, and I have the synthesis. I don’t have my phone yet so I can’t compare them but I’ll post my thoughts when I do. I also ordered the andar aspen, but it won’t ship until around Black Friday anyways so I figured I’d just cancel and see if I still want it and if maybe it goes cheaper.

Reactions: Pug72

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Don't get a Pitaka MagEZ Case 4 then. You need a small army to get that case off. Not sure why they thought putting EZ in the name would be a smart idea.
I got one from Amazon but I’ve not opened the box. I’ve actually been reluctant to use it because of this. People also have said it’s hard to hold at the bottom at it has a sharp edge. I’m still within my return period so I may well just return it for a refund. 🤔

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Ghost case update.
Yep. That is my status as of late yesterday afternoon for ghost case for 15 pro. I’ve been way more than a few hours waiting for shipping confirmation, LOL! Not surprised with the high volume of orders.

Reactions: jplusc

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I got one from Amazon but I’ve not opened the box. I’ve actually been reluctant to use it because of this. People also have said it’s hard to hold at the bottom at it has a sharp edge. I’m still within my return period so I may well just return it for a refund. 🤔

It might be worth returning then. I do not use the case at all anymore.

Reactions: Mr.C

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Guys I’m searching for the thinnest clear case (not frost) for the 15 Pro, MagSafe or not, with anti yellowing.

3 years in a row (with 3 different iPhones) I’m using the Torras MagSafe clear but it’s quite bulky.

Any recommendation?
Me too! Doesn't seem to be many ultra thin cases around this year?

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
My Pitaka magEZ is pretty easy to get off my 15 PM (easier than the apple finewovan was) and the bottom isn’t sharp at all so there must be variations in the manufacturing

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Has anyone tried removing the ESR lens protectors? I can't see how to do it?!! Anyone?

I asked this in the screen protector thread earlier today...they are so bad I had to take mine off. Impossible to take off. Someone showed me that you need to warm it up a little with a blow dryer for like 2 mins if that, and then they pop off rather easy.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Watched Tee's video and the Ghost case does not seem too thrilling to me o_O Just my opinion ;)

Overall it does look a very solid case. Love the thinness and how it looks for a clear case. The droopy bottom I was not expecting to see either.

Gotta give props to Tee for going from gotta get this kid down for a nap to a 15 min solid vid. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.