Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
You are making me want this case pretty bad! How is the material on the back? Look like it can withstand dirt, etc.?
The fabric? Hasn’t stained once and I wear DARK jeans. The color jeans you’d wear with a sport coat. (Except my white sport coat - that gets white jeans lmao)

Reactions: thekidat

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Nothing new over here so I'll hit you with these two beauties :oops:

rm03.jpg

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Thoughts, impressions?

Does your Limitless make that popping sound when squeezed that TT mentioned in his review?
I had the Limitless, but it just showed smudges a little too easily like most armaid fiber cases will.

It was a little sharper (edges) than most cases, but that doesn’t seem to bother some people.

It’s a great case overall though. Mine didn’t make any popping noises, but I wasn’t aware of that when I had it. I never squeezed the case. Just held it like a normal phone.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Just wanted to share the case I talked about last night… nice case.. especially for the money, it has a 40% off coupon on Amazon. I’ll def rock it here and there! Sorry about the little fuzz on the back, should have wiped it down but I just took it out of sweatpant pocket lol

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpeg
    IMG_0930.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0931.jpeg
    IMG_0931.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0933.jpeg
    IMG_0933.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0934.jpeg
    IMG_0934.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 125

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
FineWoven if used like a normal human being is the best case out there.
The dimensions, maybe. But the two I tried (15 pro and pro max) were both squeaky and did not feel good in hand. Again, to each their own, but I was not impressed. Even leaving the durability out of the picture, still not impressed.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
UltraGlass UNBREAK TOP 9H+ Glass... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB5VVSGX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the one I bought. Very easy installation, edge to edge protection, much better than the spigen ones I had.
Dude you weren’t lying, I’m enjoying a lot more than Spigen. Only tiny con is the install was shifted to the right ever so slightly so the black border is over the screen by a c u next Tuesday hair… doesn’t really bother me to be honest and it’s well worth a lot less dust, and it looks much cleaner with that black edge. Like it a lot, thank you!

Reactions: Djones96

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
After the mess of an order from purchase, finally had a response from Decoded CS today asking for my order number. No response to that yet though.

Received my 15PM today, the leather Decoded case arrived Friday last week. First impressions are good. It’s not as thick as Apples leather case, it’s a little more svelt. It is very smooth-I had the Apple leather on my 14PM for about 9 months (the wear was awful), and this case has the same kind of smooth feel it had at that 9 month point, like it’s already worn in-but feels new-if you can make some sense of that. No pictures yet, but I’ll get some tomorrow. It’s black leather on the black Titanium, so not lots to imagine-but I have a California Poppy MagSafe wallet which looks nice against the case.

My only grumble so far is that the MagSafe isn’t as strong as Apples-the wallet does seem a little more susceptible to movement unlike the Apple case. It is still strong, but it moves with less force. I’ve also got a Saddle Brown (I think it was that name) MagSafe wallet too, both look quite nice on all black. I don’t often use the wallets though, so it’s not a deal breaker-I’ll just need to be mindful when I do.
In response to my post yesterday, here are a few pictures of the DECODED case on a BlackTi PM. I’ve also taken a few pictures next to my old Apple leather case. I think equally as important for some is the lining that coats the buttons inside the case. Buttons are nice and ‘clicky’, cut-outs are nicely lined up. Got some photos with MagSafe wallets too. Photo spam imminent!

I’m happy with the case so far, but I’m not even 24hours in yet. I’m out on a long walk today so I’ll see how it goes.

Attachments

• IMG_2380.jpeg
    IMG_2380.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2379.jpeg
    IMG_2379.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2378.jpeg
    IMG_2378.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2387.jpeg
    IMG_2387.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2386.jpeg
    IMG_2386.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2385.jpeg
    IMG_2385.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2388.jpeg
    IMG_2388.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2383.jpeg
    IMG_2383.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2382.jpeg
    IMG_2382.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2384.jpeg
    IMG_2384.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 80

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Just got my Moft Snap Movas in colour Sapphire (on my 15 Pro Blue). It feels great in the palm of the hand, I love the colour, and the buttons are great. At first I was delighted with it.

But... after a day of use, the top right corner slips off far too often when I take it out my pockets, and the cutouts at the bottom are a pinky KILLER! This one's important to me - I use my phone one-handed a lot and if it's tough on the pinky I'm out sadly.

A real shame, so close to a superb case for my tastes, but the issues make it not for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0095 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0095 Large.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0096 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0096 Large.jpeg
    485.3 KB · Views: 112

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
In response to my post yesterday, here are a few pictures of the DECODED case on a BlackTi PM. I’ve also taken a few pictures next to my old Apple leather case. I think equally as important for some is the lining that coats the buttons inside the case. Buttons are nice and ‘clicky’, cut-outs are nicely lined up. Got some photos with MagSafe wallets too. Photo spam imminent!

I’m happy with the case so far, but I’m not even 24hours in yet. I’m out on a long walk today so I’ll see how it goes.
How tight is the fit? Does the top right corner of the case push off easily?

Is it comfy if you use your phone one handed with your pinky at the bottom?

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Dude you weren’t lying, I’m enjoying a lot more than Spigen. Only tiny con is the install was shifted to the right ever so slightly so the black border is over the screen by a c u next Tuesday hair… doesn’t really bother me to be honest and it’s well worth a lot less dust, and it looks much cleaner with that black edge. Like it a lot, thank you!
No problem! Glad it’s working for you except for the tiny installation problem, but if it doesn’t bother you, then perfect! I was thinking about buying the Torras one over this one, but ultimately decided to stick with my initial purchase, I don’t regret it one bit!

The spigen protector collected dust like no other, and this one barely does, love it!

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
How tight is the fit? Does the top right corner of the case push off easily?

Is it comfy if you use your phone one handed with your pinky at the bottom?
It’s not as snug as the Apple case, and yes, the top right corner does dislodge a little, but then I found both my Apple leather cases did a little too: this is certainly no worse.

IMHO, I think case quality is important, especially the amount some of these cases cost: but I think the level of scrutiny being displayed is excessive. It’s all opinion: I’ve seen pros and cons in this thread over this case/brand, and was a little concerned over the quality until it arrived, but now it’s here and on the phone, I’m really happy with it. And in relation to pinky strain, it’s absolutely fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidat and pin87a

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
It’s not as snug as the Apple case, and yes, the top right corner does dislodge a little, but then I found both my Apple leather cases did a little too: this is certainly no worse.

IMHO, I think case quality is important, especially the amount some of these cases cost: but I think the level of scrutiny being displayed is excessive. It’s all opinion: I’ve seen pros and cons in this thread over this case/brand, and was a little concerned over the quality until it arrived, but now it’s here and on the phone, I’m really happy with it. And in relation to pinky strain, it’s absolutely fine.
Thank you.

I agree to an extent ref too much scrutiny, I sometime read posts and think it's way too much detail, but then also sometimes realise that it's perhaps a case of 'everyone has their thing', i.e. we all have certain aspects that bug us no end, yet to someone else it doesn't seem like an issue. I for example hate the top right corner slipping off as it seems to affect me a lot, yet my current case has a cutout for the action button and I'm fine with that when to some people that would be an absolute non-starter!

Each to their own I guess.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Just an update, ordered a Caudabe Sheath on Saturday, label was created on Monday, and the package started moving on Tuesday. It seems they’re finally getting caught up after being behind for a while.

Latch6044

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
Thank you.

I agree to an extent ref too much scrutiny, I sometime read posts and think it's way too much detail, but then also sometimes realise that it's perhaps a case of 'everyone has their thing', i.e. we all have certain aspects that bug us no end, yet to someone else it doesn't seem like an issue. I for example hate the top right corner slipping off as it seems to affect me a lot, yet my current case has a cutout for the action button and I'm fine with that when to some people that would be an absolute non-starter!

Each to their own I guess.

I also have the Decoded leather case and have no issues at all with the corner slipping off. I’ve been swapping on and off the case weekly and haven’t experienced any fit problems.

Reactions: Danorak81
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.