Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Maybe that is their solution to the MagSafe magnets getting dislodged on the Synthesis cases. Discourage the owner from from taking out the iPhone to prevent the issue

I gave up on the Synthesis for the MagSafe dislodging issue, it just kept happening to me and I enjoyed the design better last year, it just didn’t do it for me as much this year. I’m Sheath all the way this year.

Reactions: Djones96

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
Does anyone have pictures of the Keyway Black Leather on Black Titanium 15 Pro/PM?

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Anyone checked out one of these by chance?

i had one last year. it was nice but the back scratched up very easily. day one it looked old. i didn’t find it comfortable as a grip. ymmv

Reactions: VaderRulez

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
MOFT order came in. Had both a black and a white Snap MOVAS case in the order but they missed my white one, so had to get them to ship that out. First impressions of the black one, very nice and soft feeling material that is quite smooth and not that much texture to grip to but given it's not the iPhone 15 Pro Max size, I don't think I'm going to have any issues with it slipping out of my hand. Overall very nice feeling.
View attachment 2298799

View attachment 2298800

View attachment 2298801
Works well with my Spigen Glas tR EZfit screen protector and has an OK amount of lip around the front screen and camera module.

Magnets on the case are STRONG and especially paired with their line of accessories - I got the wallet/stand combo as well as the tripod stand along with the MagSafe compatible wireless charger. All work well with the case. One point of annoyance is that the speaker & mic hole cut outs are symmetrical, thus meaning one is bigger than what it's meant to be (which I'm assuming is for the microphone cutout). Apart from that, I'm really liking the case. Not the highest level of drop protection, but I like my cases sleek and I have AppleCare+ if it ever came to that lol.
I see a nice mech, I upvote.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
I cracked a phone in a Sheath. I believe it’s possible to damage a phone in any of the thinner, minimal cases though. I don’t think the Sheath is different in this regard either way.
Same only time ever, sides pulled away from case edge hit a timber draw, flimsy and not drop worthy from my experience.
I still have one though lol.

Reactions: Zensō

Ifti

macrumors 601
Dec 14, 2010
UK
For you UK'ers - hope you managed to get cases from John Lewis - the 20% offer has ended now!

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Anyone checked out one of these by chance?

Ordered one and returned immediately. IMO it felt really cheap and flimsy and not worth the cost, but I respect everyone has different opinions.

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
will on sides, slipper back and also shows magsafe ring, maybe you could get a plastic bag for your case lol
no case is perfect
No, it does not show smudges or fingerprints. I have three, and the oldest - 14 months - is in pristine condition. I've never cleaned it, nor had to.

How many do you own?

Reactions: maverick22

daindian1

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
My YMW AliExpress nappa case came today in black. It’s amazing. It feels so much better than the decoded case and smells so nice of premium leather. Highly recommend it for a leather case was only £20 delivered in 8 days.

Reactions: iFone88

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
My YMW AliExpress nappa case came today in black. It’s amazing. It feels so much better than the decoded case and smells so nice of premium leather. Highly recommend it for a leather case was only £20 delivered in 8 days.
Lets have some pics!

daindian1

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpeg
    IMG_1265.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1264.jpeg
    IMG_1264.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 157

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
To everyone who's swapping buttons on Otterbox cases - am I right in saying then that ALL Symmetry cases can swap buttons? I'm debating ordering the black and blue and then swapping the buttons over.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
To everyone who's swapping buttons on Otterbox cases - am I right in saying then that ALL Symmetry cases can swap buttons? I'm debating ordering the black and blue and then swapping the buttons over.
Yes as long as they aren’t clear cases you should be fine. The action button is a pain to pop out because of the size but not impossible

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Just got a Gripzilla in the mail. I honestly didn’t think I’d like it but here we are. It’s not nearly as bulky as I was expecting except the corners but I’m sure the drop protection is much better with it. It’s not the prettiest case but it look’s better in person. I’m honestly impressed.

I had a Nomad Rugged case on order but after I paid for express shipping and three days later it still had not shipped I cancelled my order. Nomad really needs to work on that. They absolutely lost a sale because of it.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I had a Nomad Rugged case on order but after I paid for express shipping and three days later it still had not shipped I cancelled my order. Nomad really needs to work on that. They absolutely lost a sale because of it.
That’s strange. Was it back ordered by chance? I’ve ordered three cases from them this year and the shipping was really quick each time.

Reactions: Joe123Joe

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
Yes as long as they aren’t clear cases you should be fine. The action button is a pain to pop out because of the size but not impossible
Surprised to hear that, mine were just as easy as the other three for each case.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I know it's all opinions but what is the consensus best cases for the 15 Pro Max?

As the 15 Pro Max is a bigger phone, grip and comfort is important..

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Same only time ever, sides pulled away from case edge hit a timber draw, flimsy and not drop worthy from my experience.
I still have one though lol.
Flimsy would be one of the last adjectives I’d use to describe this year’s Sheath!

I did have one during the iPhone 11 era that was more TPU-like flexible.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I know it's all opinions but what is the consensus best cases for the 15 Pro Max?

As the 15 Pro Max is a bigger phone, grip and comfort is important..
For me…

Protective: Nomad Rugged
I find this case very comfortable and easy to hold due to the concave edges. The best metal buttons I’ve experienced, tactile without being rattle-y. Very stiff around the bottom cutouts. Lays flat on a table. Minimal fingerprints. Lots to like here. I tried more cases than usual this year and I keep going back to this one.

More minimal: Pitaka Pro
Feels very soft and comfortable in the hand, though harder to hold onto than the Nomad. Pretty much the most precise fit I’ve ever seen. Plus points for being decently protective. Fingerprints are the biggest downside.

YMMV…

Last edited:

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
That’s strange. Was it back ordered by chance? I’ve ordered three cases from them this year and the shipping was really quick each time.
It wasn’t back ordered according to the website. I noticed some models were but not the one I ordered.

Reactions: Zensō

Sinistah

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
Minnesota
Is anyone still waiting on their free button cover Sheath?

I placed an order on Oct 2nd. A rep finally responded to my email after a week of waiting. They said another batch will ship out in 1-2 weeks and to “feel free to just hang on for the time being”.

I’m a big Caudabe fan but this is ridiculous :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.