Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
Apple Care + is my current case, but I have wrapped my phone with DBrand's skin to give it a Panda look on my 15+.

F8MLcGZXYAAIJCf.jpg
F8MLcGVWkAAyeaO.jpg
F8MLcGbWMAAOfJP.jpg

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
Nice. I’m debating just getting a leather back skin from dbrand and skipping a case.
Do it! lol

I have dropped my 15+ twice already. Once on hardwood floors and one on porcelain floors... no dents, or damages of any kind. Lucky, maybe, but from the looks of it, it holds up better than the 15 Pro.

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
How can someone’s opinion be lack luster? It’s an opinion and you don’t have to like what I like. Someone finds my videos useful and that’s who I do it for.
You could say MAYBE he is no longer 100% impartial because he is sponsored, but you can not say his opinions are lack luster. He is constantly talking about how cases can improve, and what he likes and dislikes about the case. He is constantly on forums getting ideas and sharing ideas that he brings over to his videos.

Reactions: Jaggrey and Azzin

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
You could say MAYBE he is no longer 100% impartial because he is sponsored, but you can not say his opinions are lack luster. He is constantly talking about how cases can improve, and what he likes and dislikes about the case. He is constantly on forums getting ideas and sharing ideas that he brings over to his videos.
Thanks for the comment but I don’t want to flood the thread with these takes. Sponsored means nothing to what I feel about a case. You guys haven’t seen any sponsored content with Casetify cases that doesn’t have the action button because I’m not going for it. My integrity means more to me and if that takes me losing thousands then so be it. The outside doesn’t see things like this because I usually don’t make them public but I laugh when I see I’m not 1000% because I’m sponsored. If folks only TRULY knew.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Reached out to PR about availability of swappable parts for the Gen 5 since I don’t care for the match to my black titanium… they sent me this, saying hopefully available early November…not sure if anyone shared this info here, so just in case here it is. Have a great day everyone.

Just need those jet black ones and I’ll be Golden Grahams.

Dude, I need those.

Is there any lining on the backs of the buttons?

hachyderm

Suspended
Sep 15, 2014
Received my Caudabe Synthesis (with covered action button). Great feeling case, but unfortunately the volume/action buttons are just terrible.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Received my Caudabe Synthesis (with covered action button). Great feeling case, but unfortunately the volume/action buttons are just terrible.
I spoke to them about this and they said the buttons can break in over time. That’s the only small complaint that I have with the case and seeing the they break in over time. I know it’s hard for the one piece cases and buttons and compare them to the cases that have the standalone buttons.

Unless you have a defect with the buttons that’s other thing entirely.

hachyderm

Suspended
Sep 15, 2014
I spoke to them about this and they said the buttons can break in over time. That’s the only small complaint that I have with the case and seeing the they break in over time. I know it’s hard for the one piece cases and buttons and compare them to the cases that have the standalone buttons.

Yeah, I'm going to give it some time. It was my complimentary case anyway.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014

Out of interest, have you tried one? I got my Synthesis with action button cover last week, have been using it ever since and the action button in particular is still absolutely terrible!! I totally get what you're saying about the difference to a standalone button, but I've tried a lot of them and this is really not a good one. Did they tell you if there as any chance they might revise it? I love the case otherwise.

Yeah, I'm going to give it some time. It was my complimentary case anyway.
I'm shortly going to take mine off, been almost a week now and my action button's still awful. I'll be interested to know if you persist how it gets on.

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
Has anybody here tried Alcantara cases - how do they hold up?

Otherwise I'm looking for a white or pink leather case that has a decent camera and screen lip. Really striking out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teach8870
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.