Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Lighter iPhone

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2023
Spigen enzo arimid came for me today. Fits great, looks great, buttons are great. But the jury is out for me on the grip still. Have read on here about it improving with time so will keep this on and hope! 🤞
I thought I was the only one who didn’t like the grip. I’ve had it for 2 weeks now and I haven’t noticed it being better. I’ve been using a MagSafe grip, because I don’t like the grip I get without it.

Reactions: AnthroMatt

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
8th October. Shipping email received on 10th October and postman delivered it this morning on the 16th. This was just the standard International Shipping service too - I didn't pay extra for expedited or anything. Considering there was a weekend in there too, that's very fast for them.
I ordered mine on 9th Oct when estimated shipping date was 12th Oct on their website.

Estimated shipping since then had slipped twice

Im hoping i get a shipping notification today.

🤞🤞🤞

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Someone posted a week or two ago about the Apple silicone cases on AliExpress and said to save your money and give them a try.

I’d been wanting the Clay silicone case for my 15 PM, but I really didn’t want to shell out $50+tax on one, so I went and took a look. There are tons of listings, but I decided on one and I specifically wanted to make sure it had the Apple logo on the back.

It arrived today (took less than 10 days) and let me tell you, it’s not a clone. It’s the real deal, right down to the packaging. Looks and feels exactly like the “official” case, has the Apple logo, and the MagSafe animation when you install the case.

I did find the sticker they put on the front of the packaging funny. Obviously, they don’t want to get sued by Apple.

For $6.50, I’m definitely happy.

615096b0829d201b2f2d5789750cc581.jpg

659e5843f90b1e41b0733f700c89ed46.jpg

d93f44dfcd3498ea5c5446a0637340dc.jpg

d4b2db78c8a1ad9fc8b721990a0d0862.jpg

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
What is the Store Name you purchased from? That does look like a legit Apple Store product, and wouldn't mind trying one myself.

It was Notow Factory Store, but I just checked and they’ve removed the listing. I’m assuming that’s how sellers do it on Ali, as I don’t have much experience ordering from there. It seems they put listings up for stuff like this, sell for a few days, then take them down so Apple or other OEMs can’t find them and sue.

But there are tons of other listings and I’m betting they’re all the same (and probably the same sellers that were behind the store I purchased from).

Reactions: The Destroyer

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
What is the Store Name you purchased from? That does look like a legit Apple Store product, and wouldn't mind trying one myself.
I got my AliX silicone clay from the below and it’s the same as posted above.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0mgq2e

It was Notow Factory Store, but I just checked and they’ve removed the listing. I’m assuming that’s how sellers do it on Ali, as I don’t have much experience ordering from there. It seems they put listings up for stuff like this, sell for a few days, then take them down so Apple or other OEMs can’t find them and sue.

But there are tons of other listings and I’m betting they’re all the same (and probably the same sellers that were behind the store I purchased from).
Yeah they come and go. Probably for the reasons you gave!

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Post some pics? 5/6 feet drop?

I always take my case off when im sat on my bed for that very reason.

I’ve got no camera to take pics.

I have been cleaning my phone this way every few days since I’ve had iPhones (my first phone was the 3) and touch wood I’ve never dropped it when cleaning before.

Reactions: Sal09

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
WOW, That is clean !

I might have to bite the bullet even with those huge cutouts on the bottom.
The positive note regarding the cutouts is that the area is almost completely polycarbonate with only a thin coating of TPU, so it’s completely rigid with zero pull-away or droop. I don’t use a lanyard, but I understand why it’s designed that way for those who do. I prefer this design to having lanyard cutouts on the side like the Mous et al.

Reactions: Hooterville

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Hi. Is there much screen protection on this with a screen protector applied? Thanks
Yes, it’s better than last year, now at 1.65mm. It’s a fairly good lip with my Spigen GlasTR. The lip is raised on three sides, then tapers down to just above flush at the bottom to make for easier up-swipes.

• Love
Reactions: BrightCanon

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Someone posted a week or two ago about the Apple silicone cases on AliExpress and said to save your money and give them a try.

I’d been wanting the Clay silicone case for my 15 PM, but I really didn’t want to shell out $50+tax on one, so I went and took a look. There are tons of listings, but I decided on one and I specifically wanted to make sure it had the Apple logo on the back.

It arrived today (took less than 10 days) and let me tell you, it’s not a clone. It’s the real deal, right down to the packaging. Looks and feels exactly like the “official” case, has the Apple logo, and the MagSafe animation when you install the case.

I did find the sticker they put on the front of the packaging funny. Obviously, they don’t want to get sued by Apple.

For $6.50, I’m definitely happy.

615096b0829d201b2f2d5789750cc581.jpg

659e5843f90b1e41b0733f700c89ed46.jpg

d93f44dfcd3498ea5c5446a0637340dc.jpg

d4b2db78c8a1ad9fc8b721990a0d0862.jpg
I got the same case in Clay and definitely quite happy with it! Worth the $6.5 I spent :D

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Do the metal buttons have a lining on inside?
It’s hard to tell. They may be coated, but I can’t say for sure, that’s probably a question for Nomad. So far, after a couple of weeks, there are no marks on the phone’s buttons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.