Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

nanohits

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
So I really like the Pitaka Pro case for sure but the thing I don't dislike is that it doesn't take drops well and that aramid fiber will be ruined when you drop it. The Spigen Aramid will handle small drops better and has a better fit imo. I like the buttons and design better on the Pitaka but I have to give everything else to Spigen.
I think the Pitaka's are overhyped with their ugly big branding on the back. So many do like it though, must be all those multi colors in the back.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Man. I am really loving the pitaka pro.

I’ve kind of gone thru multiple stages.

I got it before my phone and thought “hey this looks nice.”

Once I got a phone it fit perfectly.

Initially I was a little uncertain about the feel. The rounded edges on the phone itself are a little negated by the case (though not sharp like the 14 pro).

But I was wrong other cases.

Ok a few days in and now honestly I love this case. Feel is nice. Buttons work great. It’s sturdy but not too hard to remove.

My only concern (and I mean “concern”) is the observed metal on metal or the buttons. Honestly my concern, especially on a natural finish titanium, is about as close to zero as possible without being a zero. Though for the cost of the case, it should have some sort of protective layer if nothing else then for peace of mind. It’s perhaps the ultimate 1st world problem.

But I canceled the other orders I had for cases and I’m just set. I really love the clay silicone case color to pair with natural ti, but I don’t want a silicone case really.

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Man. I am really loving the pitaka pro.

I’ve kind of gone thru multiple stages.

I got it before my phone and thought “hey this looks nice.”

Once I got a phone it fit perfectly.

Initially I was a little uncertain about the feel. The rounded edges on the phone itself are a little negated by the case (though not sharp like the 14 pro).

But I was wrong other cases.

Ok a few days in and now honestly I love this case. Feel is nice. Buttons work great. It’s sturdy but not too hard to remove.

My only concern (and I mean “concern”) is the observed metal on metal or the buttons. Honestly my concern, especially on a natural finish titanium, is about as close to zero as possible without being a zero. Though for the cost of the case, it should have some sort of protective layer if nothing else then for peace of mind. It’s perhaps the ultimate 1st world problem.

But I canceled the other orders I had for cases and I’m just set. I really love the clay silicone case color to pair with natural ti, but I don’t want a silicone case really.

Amazon just dropped mine off today. Excited to take it for a test drive

Reactions: rKunda

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
I’m like 2 seconds away from buying the synthesis and the spigen aramid. Really hoping spigen drops their neo hybrid tho. Which I’m assuming is what they teased a while back. Other than that, I need rebel to drop the accented modules and buttons. Hate dark buttons on this case. I need something that pops lol

Attachments

• IMG_5342.png
    IMG_5342.png
    479.6 KB · Views: 112

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I got the Smartish Gripzilla. Super satisfied.
The case currently on my phone! I like it! I may just keep it along with the OB Symmetry.

Still wouldn’t mind if it was a tad more grippy though. It slipped out of my daughter’s hands 3 times in about 20 minutes this morning ha!

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
While i know this one will lack in the MagSafe area, i kind of like the look. Any idea who makes this?

*Came across this on the twitter
IMG_0463.jpeg

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Anyone tried the Rihnoshield? Looking for a natural titanium case with a matching MagSafe ring.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
I’m like 2 seconds away from buying the synthesis and the spigen aramid. Really hoping spigen drops their neo hybrid tho. Which I’m assuming is what they teased a while back. Other than that, I need rebel to drop the accented modules and buttons. Hate dark buttons on this case. I need something that pops lol
that does look pretty good tbh.

Reactions: VaderRulez

CaramelSky

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
What does the Caudabe Sheath actually feel like? Is it like a hard plastic like the Otterbox Symmetry except with grooves?

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Warning - long post incoming!

I have a 15PM Natty. Been following this thread since launch and bought a lot of cases! I ended up with:

Moft MOVAS Snap Misty Cove (https://www.moft.us/products/iphone-leather-case-magsafe-compatible?variant=40245032681559). Dress/Formal. Too white/bright to use as a daily, but wooooow it is a gorgeous case in real life. Great fit and feel too. There is one flaw, and that's the symmetrical speaker cutouts at the bottom. Doesn't bother me personally, but it should be pointed out.

Nomad Modern Horween Leather Rustic Brown (https://nomadgoods.com/products/modern-leather-case-horween-rustic-brown-iphone-15-pro-max). At the office/after work nights out. Perfect case in every way. Not a single flaw I can think of.

Caudabe Synthesis Celestial Blue with Button Cover (https://caudabe.com/products/synthe...?variant=40984151326817#product-sibling-links) All purpose/everyday/weekends (the no-button cover first run was a disaster with the magnets falling out, but the button cover version is great. Feels like a tank with the tight fit, and has a nice slim profile). I can probably swap this out with a Sheath if I wanted to. Both are great cases.

I've already tried and returned (my opinions only):

Caseology Nano Pop Mag - A really nice case in every way, as good as or better than any Spigen case. Great fit and loved the sandpaper type grip on the sides. Slim profile too. Except there was a permanent magsafe ring impint that was left on the case after a charging for a week.

ESR Magsafe Silicone Case with camera kickstand - Too slippery and left a lot of lint, fingerprints and smudges. Overall the case looked like a big dark slippery TPU blob on the phone. No style at all. Thick fat wide profile. Not premium looking or feeling. I should have been impressed, but laughed instead when I saw the microfiber lined interior (can you tell I hated this case)? Nice camera ring stand though.

Apple Silicone - Too slippery/goofy feeling in the hand for me. Better than ESR though because it was a lot better resisting fingerprints and smudges, and had a slimmer profile. The grey one was super nice but Caudabe beat it out.

Tech21 Evo Check - I really really wanted to keep this case because it is perfect in every way, except for the icky super slippery fingerprint prone back. Otherwise a great case that felt like you could safely bounce the phone in the case like a basketball (don't try this at home). It felt really protective, and overall the hand feel was sublime. You could also exchange the buttons like the symmetry with differenty colored buttons. Plus it had dual lanyard holes like the Nomad. Almost perfect except for that damned slippery back.

Zagg Everest Snap - Also another almost winner. Bulky in a nice, protective way. It reminded me of the old OB Commuter/Defender cases. Felt like it could handle a lot of abuse. Great non-slippery, no fingerprint texture on the case. Nice clicky buttons. And the kickstand was a major plus. The Magsafe ring was waaaaay too weak, though. Disappointed with how bad the magsafe was. f it wasn't for the ****** Magsafe I would have kept this over the Synthesis as an everyday case.

Mujjo Shield Case - The first runs had a defect where the Magsafe didn't work. Shame because it was a great case, leather was nice and it felt really protective without being too bulky (it was a little too heavy for my liking). Nomad Modern Leather ended up being a much nicer case overall imo.

I also have an Apple Finewoven Taupe. I'm past my return period but I'm hoping to exchange it for a gift card at the Apple Store. If they won't take it back I'll probbaly try and sell it. The Nomad and the Moft as a pair is more than enough to use instead. Not knocking FW at all, it's the lightest, thinnest, nicest feeling case of all the ones I've tried. I just don't think it will hold up well on rainy/snowy or busy, active days, going out to eat etc. As a casual everyday case with not a lot going on in your day, it is a great case.

Aaaand I'm done. Just want to thank everyone for posting on this thread! Everyone has been extrtemely helpful and it's been a a lot of fun following it (and I will continue to do so!). Cheers!

Interested in seeing what some of these look like on the natural titanium. Can you share some pictures?

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Casely got back to me with a real response about the unpressable action button. They are offering 3 choices:
1) free return
2) keep case, 50% refund
3) keep case, new case with covered action button in 4-6 weeks

At first I was torn between option 1 and 3, but after thinking about it (and wanting to be a bit more sustainable) I'm going with option 2, as with a 50% refund it's cheap enough that I can either write off the action button, or try to either file the case down where the action button is / cut off some of the case there to open the action button up.

chillip

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2013
I’m returning gen5. Great design and fit but don’t like the metal camera protection as that will scratch and it’s just too heavy. Shame.

Reactions: UnjustifiedBot

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Anyone else having issues with the texture of the Gen 5? Really like the design but it feels like a chalk board to me.

Last edited:

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
While i know this one will lack in the MagSafe area, i kind of like the look. Any idea who makes this?

*Came across this on the twitter View attachment 2296337
It’s a corrugated case. Ali express has them. I’m actually using the one posted below now and the MagSafe on mine is very strong.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $6.47 30% Off | Corrugated Pattern Non-slip Bumper Magnetic Wireless Charge Case For Magsafe For iPhone 15 14 13 Pro Max Hard PC Matte Cover Bag

Reactions: tharitm and Sparxxx

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
My Celestial Blue Sheath (with button cover) arrived this morning, 7 days to ship from Caudabe in the US to my front door here in the UK was quick.

Very happy with it. I've bought a Sheath for my last 4 iPhones, and see no reason not to continue. It really is the perfect case - slim, protective, lots of grip, minimalist, buttons feel good.

Will post some pics later.

Last edited:

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Just received my action button synthesis freebie (not received the replacement for the dodgy one I bought yet though which is odd).

No complaints. Buttons feel good. Fit is great. As long as the magnets stay out I’m happy. I went with the purple and it’s lovely.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
My Celestial Blue Sheath (with button cover) arrived this morning, 7 days to ship from Caudabe in the US to my front door here in the UK was quick.

Very happy with it. I've bought a Sheath for my last 4 iPhones, and see no reason not to continue. It really is the perfect case - slim, protective, lots of grip, minimalist, buttons feel good.

Will post some pics later.
When did you order?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.